Closed Thread
Page 62 of 141 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472112 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mumtochris View Post
    Hi ladies ,

I hope you don't mind me joining in. Congratulations to those who have their BFPs and best wishes to those still on the IVF journey . Dextersmum - so sorry to hear of your loss

I've been at WFC for 18 months now and just failed my 4th ICSI cycle
    I really had high hopes this time, especially as I had 2 emby's implanted, they were 5 day blastys and for me that is fantastic. My first 2 cycles I had a 2 day transfer but this time they were developing so well I had a 5 day transfer. I don't know what I did wrong this time, I drank pineapple juice, ate kiwi fruit, kept my feet warm at all times and not even 1 stuck, I even gave myself extra crinone (4 per day instead of 2), I'm so at a loss . I have to wait until 16th April to see my FS, yet more waiting .

I've actually seen 2 FS's at WFC and am considering seeing a third - can any of you lovely ladies recommend me a good FS? The 2 that I've seen are OK but they don't seem very proactive in getting me UTD, they just say to keep trying without any investigations or changes - what has your experience been with your FS?

Hi Mumtochris

Hope you don't mind me commenting on your post.... I pop my head in hear every now and then. I too am on DHEA for the 2nd time. This will be my 7th ICSI. Im at WFC as well. Just waiting for AF to start injecting again. Due today...
    Anyhow I do the same things you do with regards to little extra's in the TWW. But I noticed you said you drink pineapple juice. I too did this until I was informed by my FS that its not the pineapple juice or flesh but its actually the pineapple core the ladies eat in the TWW. The juice is too acidic and not recommended. Its the bromelain in the core of the pineapple that is suppose to aid in implantation. If you google pineapple core during TWW you will see heaps come up. You buy a whole pineapple and cut out the core and bin the fleshy part or give to DH like I do. Then you cut the core into 5 equal pieces. You then eat 1 piece a day for the first 5 days. Then that's it. No more pineapple......
    There is a lot of speculation on whether it works but thats the reason behind it anyhow.. I hope it was ok to tell you this. As I know I blame myself all the time and we both shouldn't. Its not an exact science as Cecilia says.
    Anyhow good luck with your next cycle.

Cheers Kylee

2. The Following User Says Thank You to bubs4kylee For This Useful Post:

AceOfBase  (05-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Bonbonn - I'm so sorry to hear about your negative last week . I think it's good to take a break in between cycles, I'll be doing the same so I can go back on DHEA and be mentally prepared for next time. I like Prue too, but all nurses I've come across seem nice.

Mrsjaguar - Thanks for your support. What stage of your cycle are you up to?

Bubs4kylee - thank you so much for your info. I'm so stupid, can you believe I was drinking around 2 litres of pineapple juice a day since ET??? Plus the acid from the kiwi fruit no wonder my poor little embies couldn't stick, I gave them no chance, what a stupid idiot I am. Here I am thinking about changing FS when all along it's me. I do remember reading about drinking pineapple juice but since I read your post I did some more Googling and it's written everywhere not to drink pineapple juice after ET, only the core for the first 5 days, like you said. I just told DH and whilst he didn't get angry at me the look on his face said it all . I can't believe I let him down. Like I said, this was our best cycle and we were so hopeful. We were never lucky enough to have 2 embys put back in before, I just hope we are given a second chance again. I want to be on DHEA for 3 months again before doing the ICSI again which means that I won't be cycling until July.

Bubs4kylee - hope AF turns up today so you can start your next cycle.

OK - another question, this time regarding taking royal jelly - do any of you take it? I take 2 a day to improve egg quality - is this enough and when do I stop taking it - after EPU/ET? So sorry for all the questions, my head is spinning at the moment, I don't know whether I'm coming or going sometimes .

4. The Following User Says Thank You to AceOfBase For This Useful Post:

Bonbonn  (05-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi All,

Just saying Hi! I've been going to WFC since 2005... they have been wonderful. I've actually got 2 DD's. My first IVF cycle my fresh embie worked and 2 years later we had a few FET's and the 3rd worked which resulted in my 2nd DD... we now are hoping for number 3.

I'm due to pick up my meds this week... had 2nd cycle in Dec which resulted in a m/c. 3rd time lucky I'm hoping...

Whether it happens again for us or not we are blessed to have our little ones and owe it all to WFC and their lovely staff... I especially like Lorraine, Chris and Prue... wishing you all the best of luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bonbonn - I'm so sorry to hear about your negative last week . I think it's good to take a break in between cycles, I'll be doing the same so I can go back on DHEA and be mentally prepared for next time. I like Prue too, but all nurses I've come across seem nice.

Bubs4kylee - thank you so much for your info. I'm so stupid, can you believe I was drinking around 2 litres of pineapple juice a day since ET??? Plus the acid from the kiwi fruit no wonder my poor little embies couldn't stick, I gave them no chance, what a stupid idiot I am. Here I am thinking about changing FS when all along it's me. I do remember reading about drinking pineapple juice but since I read your post I did some more Googling and it's written everywhere not to drink pineapple juice after ET, only the core for the first 5 days, like you said. I just told DH and whilst he didn't get angry at me the look on his face said it all . I can't believe I let him down. Like I said, this was our best cycle and we were so hopeful. We were never lucky enough to have 2 embys put back in before, I just hope we are given a second chance again. I want to be on DHEA for 3 months again before doing the ICSI again which means that I won't be cycling until July.

Bubs4kylee - hope AF turns up today so you can start your next cycle.

OK - another question, this time regarding taking royal jelly - do any of you take it? I take 2 a day to improve egg quality - is this enough and when do I stop taking it - after EPU/ET? So sorry for all the questions, my head is spinning at the moment, I don't know whether I'm coming or going sometimes .
    Hi Mumtochris.

Like I said don't beat yourself up. I used to all the time but I just have to go with the punches now.
    *** RE: Royal Jelly *** Yes I take that as well. When to stop Im not sure as I have been taking it since August 2011. I think thats a google question...

PS still no AF

7. The Following User Says Thank You to bubs4kylee For This Useful Post:

AceOfBase  (05-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Misty , nice to hear your positive outcomes from WFC, best wishes for your 3rd . Sorry to hear you had a m/c but it's exciting that you pick up your meds this week. I just joined this thread yesterday and I'm the annoying newbie asking 101 questions, but there's so much I still don't know even after doing 4 cycles. So, my question to you if you don't mind me asking is about DTD around EPU and ET - are we supposed to do it or not? Don't feel obliged to answer, I know it's a personal question, but I hear that it's good to do it from one source and it should be avoided in the TWW from another. When I do my 5th cycle in July I really want to give everything the best possible chance to succeed (as we all do) I just desperately want to see those 2 lines this year.

Bubs4kylee - thanks again for your support, I am now putting this cycle behind me and looking forward to the next. Good luck with your upcoming cycle, hope AF arrives soon for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Super early days. Payment & Nurses Appt next Thursday - and then waiting for CD1 to come about so we can start a loooooong cycle, beginning with birth control. (So weird.) I'm fairly sure I'll get AF before my appt on the 15th, in which case they told me to ring them and start on the pill while we wait - I am hoping this is still the case, as I don't want to wait ANOTHER month to begin!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mumtochris- I'm having a break till July too. Will say hello when I hopefully see you there!
    I was told that doing the deed the day before transfer is good, I haven't tried it but will next time.

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mrsjaguar - I agree, it is so weird to be on the pill when starting IVF, I do find that bit funny . Can't wait for Thursday to come for you because you will definitely feel like the process is on its way, can't wait for your AF to arrive (another weird thing to say when TTC).

Bonbonn - yay, I have a cycling buddy already for July , hopefully it will be here before we know it and yes, we may bump into each other there and also in here too! OK, I'll be DTD before ET (I'm sure you really needed to know that, sorry TMI), DH will be pleased too .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls
    thought id pop in and say hi and update you.
    I had bt on wednesday last week and my thyroid is now normal!! Thank heavens. I still have hcg of 24 which is a little bit of a bummer since it is now almost 7 weeks. I am still spotting everyday , but seems to be only late in the arvo but I guess the fact it is now a lovely bright red is a good sign rather than the yucky brown. sorry for tmi. Doc thinks maybe still another month before i get my period but we are getting closer, slow as it may be.
    I rang westmead yesterday to touch base and the nurse said i may have to see the fs before going back for my next fet. Thats a bummer since im 5 hours away. Ive emailed him and hopefully he will give me the go ahead without further investigation.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good morning! Just wondering if I can join this thread? We have just signed our consent forms to do our first round of oi/iui with westmead. Does anybody know if there is a max number of patients for iui a there seems to be with ivf? I was all excited then started to read this thread and am now stressing I won't get in!