Closed Thread
Page 59 of 141 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169109 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    hubba
    My bmi was just under the 35 cut off too I went on to lose 8 kg to help out my bmi is around 30 now

As long as your bmi stays under the 35 throughout the treatment its ok I put on 2kg while I cycled thanks to the drugs

bonbonn great info about casirina lodge i will look into that too for next cycle
    The cheapest we found in parramatta was the golden chain hotel it was fairly comfortable and had a ensuite double bed and tv at $130 per night
    the first night we came in we stayed at the formula1 in wentworthville at $70 per night it was ok very basic

Any info fellow westmeaders can share is sooooo helpful for us out of towners
    hope everyone is going well

Oh and I also praise the nurses at westmead throughout my cycle nothing was too hard for them

Hope you all are doing ok

afm Im hoping to have a fs appointment in the next week or so to see where to from here

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I love how helpful everyone is here. Thanks!

We see Dr F. on Thursday for our last workup - I think we're signing the consents? Not quite sure what happens next... whether we just wait around for CD1 and make a start, or what? I think we also need to make an appt to see the nurses for an interview; at least that's what I read in the brochure.

When did you all pay for your first cycle up front? Did you do it on CD1 or at your nurses interview?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know everyone is so helpful on BH, luv that i can ask a question and in such a short amount of time, someone is trying to help Big to everyone

Thanks
    Reviews
    mrsjaguar
    we paid for our cycle at the nurses interview

I think as long as you have paid before they issue drugs its ok

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by miffy25 View Post
    mrsjaguar
    we paid for our cycle at the nurses interview

I think as long as you have paid before they issue drugs its ok
    Great, thanks Miffy!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dextersmum - So sorry to hear your story. How heartbreaking So they put in 2 fresh blasties??? I was told they would only ever put 2 frosties in, not freshies. I had day 2 embies for my last cycle. I had 1 freshie implanted which was a BFN. They froze 4 at day 2 - 2 straws with 2 embies in each. When it came time to thaw, the first straw had one fail and one so-so. They defrosted the 2nd straw and both were perfect. I had both of them transfered and am now 30w5d with one healthy baby. Seems strange that they don't have a blanket policy on how many they will transfer. The scientist even called me when I was on my way in for the transfer and went through the risks of having more than one transfered, even though the nurses and FS had already been through it all.

Good luck to everyone cycling or about to start! I had success on my 3rd cycle (5th transfer). Don't give up!!
    Last edited by ameliasmummy; 23-02-2012 at 11:50.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ameliam- congrats, your story keeps me positive! Do you know your baby's gender?

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ameliasmummy- Thats fantatsic you are so far along Congratulations.

For me- No they were frozen transfers. I'd cycled 6 months prior and couldnt have a transfer at the time due to high prgesterone. We waited 6 months to go back to take care of some other business. We had 6 in 2 straws and they used both straws. We ended up with three perfect blasts on the day and put two in and refroze the third. I would have never dreamed we would have ended up with triplets.
    I heard a rumour they were only allowing 1 as of january this year but dont know if thats true or not. I know one thing for sure. I will never try the two again. I am disappointed as I feel I wasted my chance because we put the two in. I have 3 beautiful children of which I conceived and carried to term without any poroblem at all many years ago, had I only put the one in I wouldnt have gotten the thyroid trouble and firmly believe we would be still pregnant.

bonbonn- Thank you that information is fantastic!!

Hubba- I can totally understand your line of thinking. Best of luck to you! xx

AFM- I went to the Dr today and he wouldnt let me have any bloot tests until wednesday. They need to check my thyroid before we can even consider doing anything else. I was hoping they would check to see if there was any hcg left in my system. Ive been spotting since the 11th and its driving me nuts

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm officially ready for the IVF journey now!

Next CD1, I have to ring in and get started - I even have my birth control pills ready to start. Only problem is, first nurses appointment they could get me in for was in three weeks time - March 15th. Here's hoping I don't start my period too early before then, because I DO NOT want to wait a whole other month again to start the ball rolling. The nurse I spoke to today said that if it's within a week, I should still ring up the Centre & advise them - they'll likely just get me started on the pill anyway & go from there.

I'm nervous! What do they do at the nurses interview, aside from prepping you on the cycle ahead & organising payment?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mrsj from memory the nurses show you how to inject and go over what you will be doing during your cycle. If your app isn't for three weeks and you are going to start the pill I can't see why they would make you wait an extra month.
    Fingers x you're not waiting long

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using BubHub