Closed Thread
Page 58 of 141 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068108 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hubba View Post
    Hey ladies, just wondering if anyone can answer my question, im thinkin of going to Westmead for my 2nd round, i cant believe how much cheaper it is, i just thought if im gonna be here doing this for a while i might aswell make it as cheap as possible. The only thing that concerns me is ive heard they wont treat you if you are not within what they consider are healthy BMI. Im a small size 14, im only short (i think im 154cm) and weigh 75kg. Would luv to get some weight off 10 kilos would be lovely lol but before i start i would probably only be able to loose 5 kilos

Has anyone had them turn you away for being a little overweight??????
    I'm overweight, thanks to my PCOS - and I just scrape in under their BMI cut off of 35 and under. I'm sure you'd be ok?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanx Mrs Jaguar, my BMI is around 30.

I have heard they can be hard to get into, did anyone find they had to wait to get in????? Im pretty impatient as im sure we are all when TTC and i wanna start in March

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hubba - I went to WFC and my BMI is 30 (size 14 to 16 and very tall). I had no issue at all and they never mentioned that I needed to lose any weight as I am healthy and eat well and exercise most days.

I found WFC great. The nurses are all lovely and I got in right away (it's more the initial meeting with the FS that takes a little while to get in to depending on which one you choose. I think there are about 10 or so?)

But be warned that in a way you get what you pay for. It is a LOT cheaper but that means you don't get to choose who does your transfer (its whichever FS is on duty that day), they don't do things like blood tests after your positive POAS, they don't do loads of ultrasounds and blood tests in the lead up like other clinics do, nor do they call you every day like some other clinics.

But they do know what they are doing. They do get great results and I would use them again for sure.

The nurses are wonderful though and who you mostly deal with. If you ever have a question you just call up and one of them will phone you back.

I loved WFC and as you already know got my BFP with them The cost savings was huge for us and took some of the pressure off which was great.

Good luck hun - hope this next cycle brings your BFP.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awesome Thanx Lillystar, after my experience with IVFA, im sure it cant get worse lol.

I didnt even know about Westmead untill a few wks ago. Cause i live on the central Coast so i asked whether i can pay and get my own bloods and ultrasounds done on coast and they said it was fine.

Do you or anyone know if they will put 2 embryo's back in(thats if i can try and get 2)?????

i know they dont like to do that but as i got such low numbers and they didnt fertilize, i cant see why not, my nurse at IVFA suggested i could do that and take the chance at getting twins/triplets(least i would only have to have one pregnancy)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi hubba,
    I went and had two transfered on the weekend, its up to you if you put one or two back in.

It's true they don't ring unless you leave a msg for them to do so but I didnt have a problem with that.
    it took a couple of weeks to see DR Smith and I haven't seen him since lol. I only deal with the nurses and as its been said before you get whichever fs is on duty the day of epu & et.

They do have a high rate of multiples though, but if that doesn't bother you than It's all good

I've travelled from brissy and now wodonga and its still cheaper than going to a local fertility clinic.
    I stayed at cassarina lodge which is on the hospital grounds for $30 a night. It's not anything special but its clean and close by.

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well Bonbon, hopefully this one is your turn.

It doesnt bother me if they are not as efficient with call making, when your saving $4,000 a go, its just great they do this.

I called Friday and am just gonna keep calling tomorrow untill im able to make the app.

I wish i could start right now.

Goodluck with your 2ww, keep us posted

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi bonbonn, can you tell me more about the cassarina lodge?
    When I phoned and asked them about accomodation they suggested the wesley or formule1, We ended up staying at parramatta for $200 a night!

Those of you who were talking about putting two in, Can I just share my experience at westmead.
    I had two put in in November and got pregnant with triplets... initially it is very exciting but the Dr's do not consider this to be a succesful pregnancy. It carries so much much risk of extreme premmie birth and those little bubbas will sufferinghave to fight for life with high risk of braindamage, blindness etc etc and they do not paint a pretty picture which ever way you look at it. Living in the country I was told I would have to move to the city at 22 weeks just incase something happened as my hospital could not cater for such premmie birth.
    When westmead rung me to talk about our results the nurse commented to me that my situation was the exact reason they do not like to put more than one in. The thing is, when I asked about putting the two in, the scientist told me they would only put two in, if one of them was unsuitable to freeze on the day. Well when we went in for the transfer we had 3 perfect blasts, one went in the freezer and the other two were put in me without hesitation. To this day I truly regret that decision! I became very sick with morning sickness as you would expect with triplets. The amount of HCG hormone went so high... 290 000+ That it tricked my thyroid and sent it into overdrive. So I was suffering extreme morning sickness ontop of all the symptoms of thyroid. Heart palpatations, tremours, sore eyes and the worst part was the overwhelming hunger. That coupled with nausea from morning sickness was the worst combination you could ever imagine!
    At 10 weeks we had an ultrasound and found all 3 of them had no heartbeat.I was put in for a curette the next day. It was the most tragic thing. I blame my thyroid as apparently it can cause miscarriage but the drs are telling me it was most likely chromosomal. we are still waiting for the results to come back, apparently it takes 3 months. Last check the thyroid was on its way back down on its own without meds. I go back next week to check its levels again.
    Like I said, till the day I die I will always regret that decision to put two in. If I had have only put one in I would not have had the thryoid problem and not have gotten so sick and I would have been 15 weeks pregnant now.
    I know people do it quite regularly and go on to deliver healthy bubs but thought id share what happened to me coz in all the excitement of the possibilty of getting not one but two or three bubbas you dont really stop to consider that all those risks they tell you about, do actually happen, and I am one of those people guilty of thinking, "that will never happen to me, that only happens to other people"
    Presently I have just finished a very 'strange' period and looking forward to the next one, so we can go back for our last frozen bubsicle.

Thanks
    Reviews
    So sorry Dextersmum, that is awful, such a hard road, u never know wat is right or wrong, i have been explained the risks, i suppose im just terrified as i only got 5 eggs first time round and only 1 made it to fertilization and luckily it made it to a 3dt but was unsuccessful.

Ive always wanted more than one child but never wanted twins, with my low amh, im worried by the time i get around to a second one i might have no eggs left. In saying that after all this im happy if i just get one, if i get more...great but just one will do if possible

AFM- Westmead just returned my call and i can get in next Monday, they had a cancellation, im stoked and how lucky is this, my DH just happens to be back from interstate to come with me wooo hooo!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dextersmum, I followed your story with excitement and then sorrow when I heard the news. I'm so glad you are ready to give it another shot.

Cassarina lodge (not sure if that's the correct spelling) was fantastic for us, I had to stay in syd for 12 days so it made for a very affordable accommodation.
    It's in the hospital grounds around the back. It's used for cancer patients but open there doors to out of town ivfers.
    The rooms are set up with two single beds, a mini fridge, a tv and heater/aircond. The kitchen and shower/toilets are shared between about six bedrooms. Your room has a lock so its safe to leave your belongings in.
    On top of that, you get a pass to use the staff cafeteria, with most main meals less than $6 it was a godsend.

I don't have their number with me but if you call westmead hospital switchboard and ask to be put through you can leave a msg and she will get back to you. The lady who runs it works from 9-1pm (I think). And if you arrive on the weekend she leaves a key with the security guard for you.
    It's $30 and I think an extra $15 if your partner stays.

I hope this helps!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hubba, fantastic news that you got in so quick!

All the best!!