Closed Thread
Page 55 of 141 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm getting really excited for our appointment next week with Dr. Fong.

Our third attempt at Clomid (100mg) is currently failing (like all the others) and this brings it to seven months of annovulatory cycles. I want to try some REAL baby making.. so hoping she can help us out.

b4us is offline aspiring to be better then yesterday
    Thanks
    Reviews
    good luck mrsjaguar

Iam getting so frustrated with westmead we had our appt with gay last tuesday but she cancelled and we are left in the dark so dh rang the head nurse and complained about the delay to get started with treatment so she said dr smith will call us this week but no phone call so we are left in the dark again and not sure when we can start treatment if ever ..its been 2 months since our first appt with dr smith i made sure i had all test done before hand so he had no reason to send us off for any more test but he still found a way to delay us its just a joke all i want to do is curl up in a ball and cry

Thanks
    Reviews
    B4us that's awful, keep following them up (not good enough tho)
    We went for our app (had all our test done before hand like you) Af arrived about 4 days later and that's when we started.
    What are they waiting for??

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by b4us View Post
    good luck mrsjaguar

Iam getting so frustrated with westmead we had our appt with gay last tuesday but she cancelled and we are left in the dark so dh rang the head nurse and complained about the delay to get started with treatment so she said dr smith will call us this week but no phone call so we are left in the dark again and not sure when we can start treatment if ever ..its been 2 months since our first appt with dr smith i made sure i had all test done before hand so he had no reason to send us off for any more test but he still found a way to delay us its just a joke all i want to do is curl up in a ball and cry
    That is super frustrating!

I'm a bit scared about waiting around.. again. If they can't see us or squeeze us in for treatment, I'm going to at least request some stronger Clomid or Femara doses to tide us over until they can. I hope you get in soon!

Thanks
    Reviews
    when dr smith rang me in dec he said he wants us to speak to gay because of the stress of the travel on us PLEASE we are 3hrs from westmead hardly stressfull and gay never mention travel in our first appt it just felt like interagation dh and i are very strong together and communicate about everything and we both understand ivf isnt a easy task but we feel they are making it even more stressfull before we begin and the fact that we are getting no real answer to why they want to dely us makes it even more unsettling ..i want to put all my trust into dr smith because my understanding he is good at what he does i just wish he would return our call and be honest about what he is trying to achieve and leave us in the dark

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi B4us,

Sorry to hear you are being given the run around

If you still want to go to westmead and they are being so bad at getting back to you just keep on them until you get an answer. Call every day until they sort out what's happening. I know you shouldn't have to do that but that is what I'd do if I was in your position. The waiting is soooooo hard and it sounds like you are being made to wait for no reason

Like the other girls I was booked in straight away when we started so I have no idea why they are making things so hard for you.

Hope it gets better for you soon hun x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there, me and my DH are going through Westmead but we have also been given the major run around aswell. We are basically in limbo land now and I am super frustrated and don't know what to do next !! We originally went to WFC as I have pcos and not ovulating and clomid hadnt worked for me - anyway since then I am now INsulin resistant and have hyperthyroidism aswell ( yayy me - couldnt be happy with just one endocrine disorder - why not have a trifecta ) anyway since then we have also found out that DH has Azoospermia (no sperm) - so yayyy us !! We travel from Newcastle to go to Westmead - so it's not really that far (as at the time it was the most affordable and considering our issues we may need to do IVF quite a few times (being optimistic) !! Anyway on one occassion we travelled all the way down to Sydney got accommodation and then DR Smith tells us he doesn't want to do the procedure (which was a biopsy) instead he would prefer us to go to Dr Golovsky at IVF Australia to have micro TESE surgery done which will co-ordinate with an IVF/ICSI cycle thru Westmead !! Needless to say we were a bit p-eed off as DH had spent 3 mths drinking horrid chinese herbs and having accupuncture to prepare for the biopsy (which Dr Smith knew about) !! And needless to also say i cant my head can't get around all the coordinating that will need to take place for this to happen In the first place - especially considering I can't even get a message passed onto Dr Smith and a ph call back any of the times I have called with questions. After each appointment with Dr Smith I have never left knowing what we should do next - except lose weight !! I don't get my periods which he knows and he hasn't even given me anything for that in the meantime !! I just feel like we are in too-hard pile!! I seriously want to change to Hunter IVF here in Newcastle but I have no idea if Dr Golovsky works with them and according to Dr Smith - he is the only dr in the state who can perform that surgery !!! Frustration extreme !! Limbo land !! anyone else dome IVF/ICSI with TESE at Westmead before ??

Thanks
    Reviews
    And btw in case your wondering me and DH started ttc in 2005 on our honeymoon (we have been in and out of treatment during this time) - we started at wFC in 2009 - still in limbo !!

Thanks
    Reviews
    sorry to hear some of you are having these frustrations with westmead

We had none of that and we travelled from Melbourne yes it was stressful but no where near as stressful as ivf is in general

Keep hassling them its not good enough

and as for me I think im out for the 2ww af pain and symptons here

So Im very sad as we havent planned further than here and have no frosties

and Im thinking maybe its just too much for my old body now as we didnt do too well at epu or fertislisation

and also the financial pressure

so as you can see Im not doing great

rant over

goodluck to everyone else at whatever stage you are at
    Last edited by miffy25; 30-01-2012 at 14:22.

Thanks
    Reviews
    miffy -dont give up hope yet darl i am praying for you and all my fingers toes crossed

Dr smith rang me yesterday and apoligised alot for the dely and eventually was honest and said because dh is on antidepression pills and i have bad anxiaty from time to time he wants us to have a support system in place if anything should go wrong he said he has to do this for not only us but for wfc also so that if for any reason something goes wrong in terms of our depression or anxiaty then the goverment cant say why didnt you asses them first before starting and it comes back on wfc he was very kind and said as soon as gay comes back he will chase her up for our report and all goin well we are praying my af doesnt show on monday cause gay isnt back til tuesday so possiblly start the pill in march but at least we will know where we stand so i am feeling abit more at ease now

alohashellivf - i am so sorry to hear of the tuff road you and dh have had to face since 2005 and to get mucked around fs think we have nathing better to do then twittle our thumbs waiting for them
    keep us updated on how you are goin