Closed Thread
Page 51 of 141 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dextersmum View Post
    Hi Bonbonn,
    Thanks for the congrats. To be honest I am not sure what the rates are for the triplet thing happening. For us we had ICSI which apparently can create a seam in the embryo which can encourage a split. I knew there was a chance but did not seriously think it would happen to us. I honestly thought we would have a better chance of winning the lotto…lol

In hindsight I really wish I had only put the one in. I really did not have much faith in the cycle itself and felt they were winging it a bit due to the results of my bloodtests. If I could give you some advice then I would suggest one but then it would depend on your own personal circumstances. I myself am pretty fertile with 3 children already but it was a new DP who was not. We were lucky and had three perfect blasts created out of an original 11 eggs. WFC were not excited or pleased with our result and triplets is not considered to be a successful cycle.

We would have been stoked with fraternal twins and when the sonographer told us there were two we were elated but then she announced the third it was exciting too but then reality hits and it is not such great news. Now we are faced with a dilemma. If we continue the pregnancy we risk extreme premature birth and probably lose them all or serious disability if they do survive. ( when I told me GP his comment was “ they probably wont survive”) I am a small framed person and there is not much chance of us carrying triplets long enough for them to survive. Or we make the decision to reduce the fraternal or the identicals ( which carry their own risk) Its not a fun time.

I would think very carefully about two. Just incase, you just never know your luck or lack of it. xx
    You really need to talk to another hubber on here called TripleTime.
    She's a friend of mine after we both ended up in hospital together. She is tiny! And you know what? She made it to 28 weeks with hers. It has been a long journey and quite tough on her but she now how 3 healthy almost 3 year olds. (ID girls, frat boy)
    I'm sorry but I really think you need a new GP/OB, people beat the odds everyday and I think the information you have received is quite negative IMO. Please talk to TripleTime, she would literally be the best person to talk to.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mum2b09 View Post
    You really need to talk to another hubber on here called TripleTime.
    She's a friend of mine after we both ended up in hospital together. She is tiny! And you know what? She made it to 28 weeks with hers. It has been a long journey and quite tough on her but she now how 3 healthy almost 3 year olds. (ID girls, frat boy)

I'm sorry but I really think you need a new GP/OB, people beat the odds everyday and I think the information you have received is quite negative IMO. Please talk to TripleTime, she would literally be the best person to talk to.
    Thanks, I did try and contact her when I found out about the triplets and have not heard back from her.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow I don't envy your situation, all you can do is gather all the info and make a decision that's best for you.

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    bloods today showed high e2 levels
    so im off for an ultrasound tomorrow to see whats happening for me
    I hope this cycle doesnt get cancelled we invest so much in it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Miffy- fingers crosses your cycle isn't cancelled, let us know how your scan goes today

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    still no result yet hopefully tomorrow am
    westmead have been great so far
    it was an external ultrasound clinic that have been slack getting results through

Im feeling a bit going on down there so hopefully lots of follies. well not to many to cancel or get ohss
    Im hanging in there so far I was getting upset somewhat and stressed this arvo

hopefully tomorrow gives more definitive answers about cycle

Thanks
    Reviews
    Cyce back on track for now
    I have 12 follies going along nicely
    I have to down my puregon dose to coast along now
    hopefully I will be in Sydney for egg collection monday

Im feeling a bit sore and now I know why
    So im taking it easy now

Ultrasound and bloods tomorrow and hopefully this can determine trigger

I cant believe im at the pointy end of the cycle now it has gone so quick for me
    I reckon because most of the cycle occured over the festive season I was busy busy with other things

Im somewhat nervous now I can only go day by day and hope for the best

b4us is offline aspiring to be better then yesterday
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    good luck miffy25 i am so happy they didnt cancel your cycle

dr smith called me just before christmas and said it would be a good idea for dh and i to speak to gay the theropist i was so annoyed and frustrated that everything is getting delayed we spoke to gay last thursday and it felt more like interagation rather then how do you feel then eneded the appt with saying i feel very comfortable with saying you 2 are very much in love and happy with each other unless you 2 are good actors i couldnt beleive what i was hearing and she wants one more appt with us before sending us of to the clinic to get started i feel so unwelcomed not one person at westmead has been nice to us i feel scared to meet the nurses not only is ivf stressfull to couples they put dh and i though this as if at the age of 27 we have to prove we are worthy of ivf all i want to do is cry how can i trust theses people with something so special to us if all they want to do is judge us on our age ..even gay made it a point to ask why did we start trying so young why not wait till we are in our thirtys i just couldnt believe what i was hearing we shouldnt have to justify why we wanted a baby before we are thirty
    dr smith has made me feel like giving up all together or we are just not worthy of a baby sorry ladys i just needed to vent some were other then dh shoulder .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi dexters mum I sent you a message I thought I had last night. Hope you are well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    b4us sorry to hear your experience hasnt been positive at this stage

I hope the journey treats you better and know that you guys are doing the right thing for yourselves
    Last edited by miffy25; 12-01-2012 at 16:55.