Closed Thread
Page 50 of 141 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls, thanks for the congrats. It is incredible! I still cannot believe one of them slpit. I must admit it is pretty daunting!. I am scared witless about the chance of losing them early to premmie birth and wether my small frame is able to carry them. I have been pretty sick the last couple of days and DP is worried sick. We hadn’t planned on telling people how we got pregnant, but triplets is going to raise a lot of questions.
    My appoiontment with Dr is 10th January. We are going to talk about a possible reduction depending on what the Dr tells us. I know this is a horrible topic and I will probably be judged harshly but I have to consider that making a sacrifice might be saving a life.

Angalanathan- Im sorry I don’t know anything about levels. My Dr wasn’t interested I doing blood test at this stage and was happy to wait til after the scan I have to phone him at 3.30 to ask for something for the morning sickness, he is ging to keel over when I tell him its triplets.

Ourbradybunch- feel free to pm me. In short I cycled my 1st cycle in June and had a freeze all, no transfer. Went back in November for FET and requested two and whammo. They did tell me they would only put two in if one was not suitable to freeze but it turned out on the day they were both you beaut embies. I would have never through we would be so successful.

B4us- I know how frustrating it is and time seems to go so slow when you are waiting to start. I am so familiar with the wait.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi everyone.

I'm really new here, but have been reading back on all of your info on the WFC (thank you, by the way) - I have been TTC for a long while now, have PCOS & have ovulated twice in twelve months, despite being on Clomid since September. My current RE is awful, so we're swapping - I have an appointment booked in with Dr. Fong on February 2nd. (Waiting, waiting, always waiting!)

I'm hoping that she'll be able to be more aggressive with us, since we've been doing these medicated cycles on our own, with very little monitoring -- aside from the 21 day blood tests, which all confirm what I already knew: I'm not ovulating, and Clomid doesn't work for us!

Thanks so much for everyone's advice. I'm hoping we can either start with an IUI type situation, before hitting up IVF. I'm feeling really positive!

(Also, congrats on all the BFPs!)

Aly

Thanks
    Reviews
    welcome mrsjaguar
    best wishes to you on this journey

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks, Miffy.

We're planning on squeezing in one more Clomid round before we meet with Dr. Fong - though I haven't ovulated in such a long time, I'm not expecting much from it.

I wish February would hurry up!

Aly

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dextersmum - congrats!!.
    Just wondering what the chances of that happening are??? We are putting two back and the thought of triplets is making me double think lol :0

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm a bit nervous about the BMI talk that was going on in this thread a few months back - I'm overweight and really struggle with the issue thanks to PCOS and insulin resistance - and my BMI is about 35. =/ My previous RE saw how hard I'd worked to exercise and eat well, but I still couldn't shake things.. so I hope that WFC will take this into account too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Bonbonn,
    Thanks for the congrats. To be honest I am not sure what the rates are for the triplet thing happening. For us we had ICSI which apparently can create a seam in the embryo which can encourage a split. I knew there was a chance but did not seriously think it would happen to us. I honestly thought we would have a better chance of winning the lotto…lol

In hindsight I really wish I had only put the one in. I really did not have much faith in the cycle itself and felt they were winging it a bit due to the results of my bloodtests. If I could give you some advice then I would suggest one but then it would depend on your own personal circumstances. I myself am pretty fertile with 3 children already but it was a new DP who was not. We were lucky and had three perfect blasts created out of an original 11 eggs. WFC were not excited or pleased with our result and triplets is not considered to be a successful cycle.

We would have been stoked with fraternal twins and when the sonographer told us there were two we were elated but then she announced the third it was exciting too but then reality hits and it is not such great news. Now we are faced with a dilemma. If we continue the pregnancy we risk extreme premature birth and probably lose them all or serious disability if they do survive. ( when I told me GP his comment was “ they probably wont survive”) I am a small framed person and there is not much chance of us carrying triplets long enough for them to survive. Or we make the decision to reduce the fraternal or the identicals ( which carry their own risk) Its not a fun time.

I would think very carefully about two. Just incase, you just never know your luck or lack of it. xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dextersmum what a hard time for you and dp
    You will make the right choice for you and your family
    you are in my thoughts
    sending best wishes and

Thanks
    Reviews
    as for me Im here jabbing away and sniffing
    day 6 of puregon starting to feel some action down there now

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by dextersmum View Post
    Hi Bonbonn,
    Thanks for the congrats. To be honest I am not sure what the rates are for the triplet thing happening. For us we had ICSI which apparently can create a seam in the embryo which can encourage a split. I knew there was a chance but did not seriously think it would happen to us. I honestly thought we would have a better chance of winning the lotto…lol

In hindsight I really wish I had only put the one in. I really did not have much faith in the cycle itself and felt they were winging it a bit due to the results of my bloodtests. If I could give you some advice then I would suggest one but then it would depend on your own personal circumstances. I myself am pretty fertile with 3 children already but it was a new DP who was not. We were lucky and had three perfect blasts created out of an original 11 eggs. WFC were not excited or pleased with our result and triplets is not considered to be a successful cycle.

We would have been stoked with fraternal twins and when the sonographer told us there were two we were elated but then she announced the third it was exciting too but then reality hits and it is not such great news. Now we are faced with a dilemma. If we continue the pregnancy we risk extreme premature birth and probably lose them all or serious disability if they do survive. ( when I told me GP his comment was “ they probably wont survive”) I am a small framed person and there is not much chance of us carrying triplets long enough for them to survive. Or we make the decision to reduce the fraternal or the identicals ( which carry their own risk) Its not a fun time.

I would think very carefully about two. Just incase, you just never know your luck or lack of it. xx
    I am so sorry to hear of your decision - that would be very hard choice to make. Sending lots of love your way.