Closed Thread
Page 5 of 141 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Lillystar - I am, I am, I am getting SOOOOO excited! A little nervous, too!

Lilbirdy - I think that's the standard cost for all WFC doctors, as the doctors are just how you get into the clinic. They're so much cheaper than Sydney IVF - their upfront cost is $8000 with out of pocket costs of around $4000. It certainly pays to look around! How was your EPU? you've got lots of fertilised eggs growing away!

Slp - I hope the 2WW goes super fast for you and ends in a BFP.

Gosh, this thread is busy. I haven't had phone or internet access since Monday (stupid truck knocked the overhead Telstra cables onto the power lines and fried ALL the cables around town ). Very sad, but I think I missed Bubhub the most!

Sorry to all that I missed! There were a lot of posts to get through.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, hope you are all feeling wonderful and enjoying your weekend!

I have my first appt with the nurses on Tuesday and am getting nervous about the traffic/parking situation. We have an 8am appt, so hopefully sneak in prior to the rush-hour deadlock, but was wondering if anyone has any hints about parking, roads to avoid etc.

Best of luck to everyone cycling at the moment!

Kate

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kate S View Post
    Hi ladies, hope you are all feeling wonderful and enjoying your weekend!

I have my first appt with the nurses on Tuesday and am getting nervous about the traffic/parking situation. We have an 8am appt, so hopefully sneak in prior to the rush-hour deadlock, but was wondering if anyone has any hints about parking, roads to avoid etc.

Best of luck to everyone cycling at the moment!

Kate
    Hey Kate
    Good luck with your appt, the nurses are lovely. I would think at 8am you should be fine for parking - my suggestion for stress-free time is gather $8 worth of gold coins and park in the car park right opposite the fertility centre. It's not the cheapest option but it's the easiest. Otherwise, if I have time to get there, I go to one of the streets off Hawkesbury Road, there's two hour parking up there - and walk down the pram path to the FC. Parking can be a bugger up there but I've jagged something last couple of times I went.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Lilbirdy!

I think I'd rather just pay the $8 and be done with it for our first appt. Maybe subsequent appts I'll have a bit of a look around, but I don't want to have any extra stressors that morning!

2 days to go for me now!!!

Hi to all!

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi all

iam glad i found this thread

iam also about to ring up and make a appointment with westmead for ivf

ive only heard good things about it, but am still nervous about it

goodluck to u all

iam from wollongong and it is so much cheaper at westmead then it it down in wollongong

so i dont mind the traveling and i have family in sydney

kaz

MRJB is offline Good things come to those who wait!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Kaz,

We too are travelling to Sydney to attend Westmead due to the costs, we're in North Queensland.

We're going at the end of August which couldn't come sooner, we were just about to start ivf with our local clinic so the wait has been terrible, back to square one again which is annoying. But we still appreciate having the cheaper option!

Good luck to you both. I can't say much about Westmead yet but I have heard good things also.

Good luck to all the other WFC ladies this month, keep us posted

And thank god someone said something about the parking, it didn't even cross my mind!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kate S View Post
    Thanks Lilbirdy!

I think I'd rather just pay the $8 and be done with it for our first appt. Maybe subsequent appts I'll have a bit of a look around, but I don't want to have any extra stressors that morning!

2 days to go for me now!!!

Hi to all!
    good plan Kate.
    We will be there on the same day, I am having a blasty transferred Tuesday. Good luck with your appointment !

Hi Kaz and MRJB - I think you'll be very happy with Westead, just ask lots of questions and don't be afraid to call them if something comes up after you've had your appt - you can leave a message and the nurses will call you back - they are always lovely and understanding

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Park in the car park..there is bugger all off street parking ..you'll be fine in the mornings its the afternoons that suck the most as most people tend to visit people then ...dont forget there is three parking stations ...there is the main on and then if you go further down there past the round about in the hospital there is a second and there is also a small outside only one further down the street at the dental area (where you will have your EPU's)

Best of luck ladies

Oh and make sure you have change before you get there cause there is no where to get change

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks guys

i will keep comming back in here too when i can

goodluck to everyone

i hope it all works for u

parking-ive heard its crapy there,

iam from sydney orginally so i know the area well and i have family up in sydney my parents are up there so can stay with them too if needed too.

can any1 suggest which dr is the best

ive been looking at dr smith or dr gaynor i think her name is

take care
    kaz

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Slp-How you going lovely??? searching posts everywhere tryiing to see whats happening?? Any news???