Closed Thread
Page 47 of 141 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797 ... LastLast
    possanda is offline Finally, I'm someones mummy..... Dreams come true.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi All,

Hoping to join your thread. My DH and I will be off to Westmead next year to start ICSI. We had our first DS doing ICSI here in brisbane in 2008/2009 but found it really expensive so after some information from angelanathan we looked into it and have decided it's our best option.

Just wondering if any of the interstate ladies have any advise/info about how you got the hormones from one state to the other, how many flights you took etc.

Just need to nut out all the hidden cost's so we aren't caught unaware.

We will be tlking to our brisbane FS to see if she will do our scans in Dec.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi poss,

Glad your perusing. I'm having my fet there next month. Then if that dosent work I'm doing iui back in Brissy

b4us is offline aspiring to be better then yesterday
    Thanks
    Reviews
    i was wondering at westmead when you had epu were you completely asleep and did you feel anythink during the procedure i am alittle bit of a sook lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a general when I had treatment in Brisbane, but reading through the Westmead info i don't think they do..... If someone knows that would be great I'd like to know as well.

* I just read that they use a local and sedation. That generally means that you wont remember anything but you wont be fully out. I think it's because it's a short procedure and using a general wouldn't be appropriate.

Does anyone know if they have a policy on how many eggs they put back and at what stage they usually put them back at. Blasto etc.
    Last edited by possanda; 12-11-2011 at 10:03.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's sedation with a local, it's really not too bad a procedure & I believe a general would be unnecessary.

It's highly likely you will only be allowed to put back 1 embryo at a time, I had 2 fresh transfers & 2 frozens, each done 1 by 1.

I will if I go ivf again be demanding a double transfer.

As for either 2 or 5 day transfer it is dependent on how many embryos you get, my first cycle I got 4 embryos, transferred at day 3 with nothing to freeze.
    Second cycle I got 12 embryos, transferred at day 5 & had 4 to freeze, hope that helps:-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @ ourbradybunch thanks. I Only had 4 eggs collected first time round, 2 fertilised and the first failed. DS deforsted perfectly and is now 2 yrs. I was hoping to transfer 2 this time.
    All four of those eggs collected were from my right ovary, the left overy created 15 massive eggs but they couldn't be collected because they had attatched to the outside of the uterus....
    I'm hoping that doesn't happen again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    b4us I was out to it. i dont remember a thing, just waking up a bit sore.

Ourbradybunch i am going down next week for a FET and hoping to have two put in. ill keep you posted :-)

b4us is offline aspiring to be better then yesterday
    Thanks
    Reviews
    thank you guys for your reply i was worried it would hurt alot

do you need to take any med between epu and et ??? and what is more effective nasal spray or lucrin ??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Does anyone know if they will let your hubby or your partner go in with you while you have the egg retrieval done?
    I'm a bit of a sook and sedation and not having him there isn't an appealing idea at all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have had the sedation before for something else and you don't actually remember anything, it's like your out. I don't think your partner is aloud in because of the nature of the procedure and the state you will be in. However they are allowed in the room when you have your transfer.