Closed Thread
Page 46 of 141 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696 ... LastLast
    b4us is offline aspiring to be better then yesterday
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    turbopeach i am so sorry it hasnt been a smooth ride for you not only do we go though the stress of trying naturally only to end up goin though more heart ach of ivf .
    have you thought about doin 2 day et? and i would push for 2 to be put back in.

what is westmeads bmi ? i spoke to my doc yesterday and she said i am only alittle above my recommended weight for my height and said my chances increase if i am in a healthy weight range i have to aim for 75-80 kg i am 90kg now

katrea- whats the price diffrance between getting his stored sperm transported to westmead or getting westmead to retreve fresh sperm from your dh ?

my only plan of attack is not to try so hard i have stopped googling cause it causes me more stress the DO'S and DON'T of ivf WOW it is worse then trying naturally i understand there are things you shouldnt do like saunas and alcohol but a friend said to me yesterday when we get et not to bent my knees but then proceeded to say my weight and eating habbits are fine i just switched off and didnt take any notice
    i think it is great that there is a nice place (bh) to come to and just vent and talk it really helps and its great we remind each other to be positive but dont set your hopes to high it is only natural to be hopful but be realistic at the same time

Thanks
    Reviews
    Turbo,

I understand what your going through. They Retrived 16 eggs only 8 fertilised. Then they took them to day 5 and only 4 survived. Put 1 fresh in bfn . Now I have 3 blastys and I'm allowed to implant whatever thaws apparently. But hoping to get 1

Thanks
    Reviews
    Turbo, that sucks, I hope you get a better result this time.

B4us, i think it costs around $200 for a TESA to retrieve his sperm, I'm not sure I haven't really looked into it. And about $800 for the admin and freezing and such if we transfer it. Do sounds great, just have it redone right.. Nope, can't. Last time they had heaps of trouble getting it, they couldn't just aspirate it they had to do a biopsy and he had a lot of bleeding and a lot of pain and still has pain and sensitivity from it now, 2 years later, he always had a little bit of sensitivity and discomfort from the vasectomy but the biopsy made it worse so unless he really really has to, I won't make him do another one.

Angelanathan, good luck with the FET cycle when you have it!

b4us is offline aspiring to be better then yesterday
    Thanks
    Reviews
    wow i dont blame you for putting him though that again poor bugger good thing is he freezed what they got and i hope it all works out for you.
    and i am sure what ever u decide with 2-3 day transfer or blast it will all work out just do your reseach and disuss it with ur fs
    did you get appt with dr smith ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hope it works out too. I can't book an appt until we have the money to book flights and such, which will hopefully be the end of next week, by which time I'm assuming I'll have to wait till next year to get in but oh well. I'm too scared to book in and then find out we don't have the money to make it down.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im keeping up with you all just not posting much

looks like I wont start my down reg now till dec af, as cut off before closure at westmead for xmas period has to come on or before 5th nov thats not going to happen it due between the 8th and 10th so looks like I just miss out

thats something to keep in mind on this journey its always about timing and waiting!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Girls, I am about to start a FET this month with westmead. I did my IVF cycle in June with no transfer then. So I am impatiently waiting for AF to arrive any day now so I can phone and book in.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Miffy and dextersmum, good luck on your cycles. Hope you get to start soon. The waiting is painful...

9. The Following User Says Thank You to katrea For This Useful Post:

miffy25  (05-11-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi dexter mum - I'm in the same position as u- I think one of the SYD girls advised me of your situation - progesterone too high to transfer? I'm waiting for AF (end nov) to do FET as well - whose ur FS ( if u don't mind me asking?) I have Ashley Fong who strange enough was actually going to try an FET if this cycle didn't work (rather than a fresh transfer) in my next stim

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the wishes of luck Katrea. I just found out my cycle buddy from June has finally got her BFP am thinking its my turn now :-)

Hi Crofty, Yes that was me with the high progesterone. In some ways I was relieved I didnt have a transfer at the time although my partner was pretty disappointed and insisted I go back immediatley for a transfer the following month but it gave me the opportunity to to take care of another other health issue. But I am more than ready now. Af is taking too long to show her ugly face...haha.

Dr Tong is my FS. although apart from the innitial apointments and testing we havent had much to do with him.

Im not sure I understand what you mean about having FET instead of a freshy. Do you mean if you didnt get any eggs they would use stored frozen?