Closed Thread
Page 41 of 141 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I know!!

Do all clonus suggest to do another cy le straight away? Is it protocol??? Any suggestion why they do this???

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,
    Just wanted to jump on and say Hi, I joined WFC earlier in the year, cycling through May/June. I got to EPU and transfer was cancelled due to high progesterone. 11 eggs collected with 6 fertilising 'normally' with ICSI and all frozen at Day 1. We are going back in November for a FET provided our bubsicles survive the thaw.
    Can anyone tell me what the protocol is for FET. I am curious as to how many blood tests you need before hand and what day in the the cycle they do the first blood test? I am assuming I will be doing a natural cycle.
    Also, has anyone else had their embies frozen at day 1?
    Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi bubs4kylee,
    I hope you dont mind me asking when you say your having your eggs frozen? I assume you mean fertilized eggs? I am curious about the stage they are frozen at? I have some put in at Day 1 at WFC and would be very keen to hear how they/ you do?

Can I also be a sticky beak and ask why your not having a fresh transfer? My reason was because of my high progesterone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi
    I had FET twice but they were blasts, neither were successful BUT FET was easy as, it's a nice simple process.

My lack of success isn't something to go off either, I'm a massive believer that when the time is right it'll happen, right now would not be great if I was pregnant or had a newborn if that makes sense!!!

Anyways good luck & try not to stress:-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gonasaper sorry spelling.

Dear I go to ivf aust they may have suggested doing another, it's not something they can insist on. Afterall they have to have your consent.

May I ask did you have any embies frozen??? The FET are cheaper $2000 approx.

We were given a paper outlining all fees including the anaethetists fees for EPU $2,000 unless you have private health insurance. You also get money back from medicare approx $5,000 so you don't have to come up with the whole total! Did you get your rebate back yet??

Everyone here knows my opinion on WFC. They Would have to PAY ME to cycle there and it would want to be 6 figures!

When they have distorted a man testicles that he is in pain constantly and another was doing cycle after cycle with them and got no success till they moved clinics. Why?? Cause of a chromosomal issue that they never tested for.

Their success rate is not great compared to others and they aren't leading Way with research. That I believe is genea.

I'm glad for those who go there and get a success. I would like to know in all seriousness ladies I really would how much did you pay and how many cycles did you do to get a BFP???

I'm dead set serious about the above question and genuinely interested.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh yeah why on earth are they freezing at day 1????? They haven't got a clue which ones are even going to divide yet??? therefore if they aren't going to divide then why freeze them?!????????

To me that's just dumb

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Anyanka View Post
    Gonasaper sorry spelling.

Dear I go to ivf aust they may have suggested doing another, it's not something they can insist on. Afterall they have to have your consent.

May I ask did you have any embies frozen??? The FET are cheaper $2000 approx.

We were given a paper outlining all fees including the anaethetists fees for EPU $2,000 unless you have private health insurance. You also get money back from medicare approx $5,000 so you don't have to come up with the whole total! Did you get your rebate back yet??

Everyone here knows my opinion on WFC. They Would have to PAY ME to cycle there and it would want to be 6 figures!

When they have distorted a man testicles that he is in pain constantly and another was doing cycle after cycle with them and got no success till they moved clinics. Why?? Cause of a chromosomal issue that they never tested for.

Their success rate is not great compared to others and they aren't leading Way with research. That I believe is genea.

I'm glad for those who go there and get a success. I would like to know in all seriousness ladies I really would how much did you pay and how many cycles did you do to get a BFP???

I'm dead set serious about the above question and genuinely interested.
    Who would you recommend & I really am looking forward to your response.
    I did 2 fresh transfers & 2 frozen with no BFP. We have no fertility issues ( I had tubes tied) WFC wouldn't allow me a double transfer & I kept getting told it's a numbers game!!!
    I have had 3 kids & am only 32 so in my opinion I want / deserve some new options:-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It is a numbers game. There are so many variables, it's very frustrating! Not every women is the same

I wish I could get a straight answer sometimes, but that's what u get when u play with science

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,

Had first bloods done today. Waiting on westmead to call with results. Hoping the levels are good. Hoping for epu on Monday but thinking it will be Wednesday though. How is everyone else going?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Anyanka View Post
    Oh yeah why on earth are they freezing at day 1????? They haven't got a clue which ones are even going to divide yet??? therefore if they aren't going to divide then why freeze them?!????????

To me that's just dumb
    Anyanka, through my limited research after much stressing about this, what I have learnt is that freezing on Day 1 or the 2pn stage apparently gives you the ability to refreeze them if/when they reach 5day blasto, therefore not wasting any unused embryos.
    "A 2pn stage embryo is a fertilized egg. It shows the evidence of fertilization in 2 spherical structures in the middle. One of the spheres contains the male genetic material and one contains the female genetic material"

Freezing them before the cells start to divide gives them a better survival rate as the more advanced they are the less likely they are to thaw succesfully.
    In my case where I was unable to have a transfer. I am hoping this will give me the best chance of a successful transfer.