Closed Thread
Page 4 of 141 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Rosewater,

I personally find, that it is better to read as much informations as you can.Continue asking the FS questions depending on your health conditions and how can you improve the next time round.
    I have Dr H Smith and he have asked that I try something different and also recommend that I have lap and hyst done. That's when they found out that I have mild endo.

WFC only do the standard 2-3 days transfer unless you ask. I have always ask for blastocyst transfer after failing my 2nd cycle. Each time I also request that they transfer back two. You will need to fill in a request forms.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi cannotgiveup,

thanks for your advice.. Ive spent alot of time researching every little piece of information that I can get my hands on on my fertility issue and ivf however the fs discounts it... If this cycle is unsuccessful I'll def be changing fs... I was actually looking at Howard smith - is there usually a long wait to get an appt with him?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Rosewater - I'm with Dr Smith ...but at WFC you deal mainly with the nurses not the FS you only see them before you start your treatment and then you deal with the FN in a differant building and they do all the treatments so you would speak to the FN's about changing things up

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    cannotgiveup- Thats weird they wont go Blastocyst for you.. i did for my 2nd cycle & they put back 2.. one was a 5day blasto & one was a slower one 4day Morula & both took 1st cycle they did 1 emby 2day transfer=BFN then next cycle went straight for blasto long as if i had more then 5 fertilize which we did, we got 9 & all 9 made it to blasto too.I was a record case embrologist was very impressed with us LOL then it was upto us if we wanted to transfer the 1 or 2.We went for 2 being we live so far away, so 2 transfers for the price of 1... now 2 bubs for the price of 1

Rosewater-not sure if WFC do the assisted hatching,embryo glue.I have not come across any woman that have mentioned having that done or in any of clinics or FS's paperwork etc... but GL,you can only ask i guess.

Slp-hope you hanging in there.....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone
    Thanks for the welcomes, so good to have others 'close by'.

plsjustonemore - I haven't been back through all the posts properly but am I right in thinking you have two in the oven ? If so, wow ! congrats ! I am really nervous about the possiblity of twins (if I get that far), I don't think I could cope with carrying two, even if it means we end up only having one child. How difficult was it for you to make that choice ? Regarding blasto v early transfer, how did you decide to go to blasto ? Did the scientests give you that advice ? The nurse said to me yesterday that I have that 'choice' and it is sometimes a better option for older women (i'm 41). I've done a bit of research but still not sure what to do - depends obviously on EPU and fertilisation success.

petals - how are you travelign with your PG ? when you say on the cusp of OHSS, how did you actually feel ? And would you suggest I push for a BT before transfer if I'm susceptible to OHSS ? What will this show ?

rosewater- I have to say, my FS hasn't been exactly pro-active but then I suppose I haven't needed her just yet (other than initial consult) as the clinic has guided me through. She won't be there for my EPU as she's apparently away, but I guess we'll see what happens on this cycle and be interested to know what her next steps are (hopefully I'll be looking for an OB rather than going to FS again)

Lilly, we're also with Dr Gayer. Our WFC costs on antagonist are $1450 out of pocket. Not sure how that compares to other WFC docs, but I'm pretty sure it's cheaper than most IVF clinics. We found Dr Gayer to be very business like but she's very busy - I understand her to be a great FS so that's the main thing. I'm not sure I would choose her as an OB but only because I am a sook, and want a doc who really devotes time and energy - and also has a sense of humour ! Good luck when your time comes.

Reebee, good luck at your appt next week.

Kate, soonhavetwo & rosewater, good luck as you get nearer to kick off !

slp, fingers crossed for you !! How are you traveling ?

cannotgiveup and TNT - hope you are doing well.

Hope I haven't forgotton anyone.

AFM My follies are plentiful (20) that's for sure so I'm really happy for my first go. The nurse told me I have 'young ovaries' - although they are a little polycystic (not PCOS though). At yesterday's scan, I had a couple at 17mm, and others at 15mm, egg pickup is thurs so I'm hoping they grow some more. I trigger tonight, Nurse was wary yesterday of OHSS, so just told me to keep an eye out for symptoms.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    lilbirdy-Thank you. We just decided we did one transfer =BFN & we couldnt afford to keep doing more n more cycles so Dr Soo suggested doing two,i thought buggar it transfer two.DH was a bit more scared then i was but thought what the heck.Ive already had twins before naturally... there now 17 turning 18 two days after these ones due date so i guess i know what im in for & hopefully there as good bubs as the last set.GL with your decision,ago was one of our reasons too & we decided 3 max of cycles & i guess doing the 2nd had me scared cause that meant only 1 more attempt & i hadnt even gone through the 2nd transfer LOL If your against twins ALOT i probably wouldnt suggest doing it but i was against having 2 again & look where it got me im doing it all over again....was meant to be.Good work with 20 follies, i had about 15 each time & got 9 eggs each time.
    Anyway will watch your journeys & cheer you all on.I keep forgetting to send the bouqets of flower to WFC thanking them all... must do it real soon times moving away so fast.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

Rosewater -To get an appt with Dr H Smith, you will need to call WFC. The wait to see him in the public practice range from 2-3 mths. However, this is bulk billed by medicare for both you and your partner.

If you need to see him earlier, you can book and see him at his private practice. I'm not sure about the cost as I've never seen him there.

plsjust1more - In order for you to do blasto, will need at least 5 embryo. I think the clinic don't want you to go through the whole process and have nothing to transfer back. It's not something that WFC normally do. I know its standard protocol at Sydney IVF. I normally have about 3-6 embryo per cycle.

lilbirdy- Thanks and good luck for next week.

slp-Best of luck, I hope this one will stick

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the info cannotgiveup, hopefully I get my miracle this cycle and wont need to, ooohh how incredible would that be.

Emma - youre an inspiration, its great to hear positive stories from WFC. also, I agree that the nurses do most of the work, its just the fs sets the protocol initially and the nurses work off that...thank goodness they are so amazing though! They made my last cycle very bearable. Met some lovely ladies there in the waiting room as well

Thanks
    Reviews
    lilbirdy - what an amazing result! 20 follies, thats great, good luck with EPU, I hope you get as many great eggs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Lilbirdy - I think that's around the same price as what we were told. Though we pay about $500 extra as we will be doing ICIS due to my DP having had a vasectomy. We only met Dr Gayer for the initial consult, I was nervous and excited so I did most of the talking and had already researched so much she didn't really have a chance to get a word in Sounds like you have some great follies. Fingers crossed for the rest of your cycle.

Kate, Soonhavetwo & Rosewater, Sandramm1, Cannotgiveup, - good luck with your cycles!!

ReeBee82 - you must be getting excited about starting

slp - I have everything crossed for you. I think the thing I will struggle with when I start is the waiting. I am soooooo impatient

To anyone I missed - sorry!!