Closed Thread
Page 35 of 141 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585135 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default hiya

hiya all

hopefull-it can be very scary at first i was petrified when i first had my meeting up at westmead
    and was pretty scared all the way through it
    but hopefully it does get better.

i saw dr gaynor, she was the cheapest but its along waiting list
    i had to wait 3-4 months to get in to see her, but was worth it in the end

not sure how much i will get back, but iam over the threshold so i should get the marjoirty of it back
    hopefully

and iam happy to say and we are still in vry much shock
    that we are currently 6 weeks and 5 days pregant
    we still cant belive it first go
    things like this dont happen to us lol

so iam still in alot of shock and sortof waiting for something bad to happen
    i know thats not nice to say sorry.
    but am happy too but dont want to get to excited till the 12 weeks.

anyway ive heard good things about ashly phong from others in here, so just go with your heart and how u feeling

hope it all works out for u
    all the best
    kaz

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kaz - Congratulations, that's fantastic news! You were so convinced it was bad news too, lol. Wishing you a smooth and uneventful 8 months ahead .

Hopefaith - I see Dr Fong and I can't recommend her enough - she's really lovely. The second appointment is half the cost of the first one, so not too bad really. I nearly died too when they told me the cost of the first appointment. Good luck for your first visit.

MRJB - How's that little bubby going? Not long now for another scan - very exciting! I hope you're enjoying the second trimester. That was my favourite part of pregnancy.

AFM - I'm enjoying a lovely holiday at my mum's on the coast. Just what the Dr prescribed - literally. I go back to see the GP on 20th January and hopefully he'll tell me I'm all ready to go again. I'm trying to convince DH to put two embies back this time, but we'll see. for another BFP straight away from our little frosty bubs!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats Kaz!!!! I'm so happy for you!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Everyone,

I'm new here and have my first appointment with Dr Tong on 19 Mar. Very excited!

How long after your initial appointment did it take to actual start at WFC?

I have had a Day 21 BT done already, lap & tubal patency check. DH had his spermies checked through IVF Aust and we have been told they are slow and abnormal so the only way for us is basically IUI or IVF unless we are just incredibly lucky. (We already have a DS - must've been lucky with him!)

Thanks & baby dust to all!

R

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Turbopeach - You pretty much start as soon as your next AF arrives, as long as all the necessary tests have been done. It's been awhile since my first appointment, but I think you need an U/S and blood tests for HIV/AIDS, etc.

Goodluck with your appointment!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Importing usa donor sperm to westmead????

Hi Ladies,

My partner and i are doing ivf but we are using donor sperm.
    Does anyone know if Westmead Fertility clinic will let me use imported donor sperm from xytex in the USA if i pay all shipping costs??
    I am not sure if they allow it in NSW?
    Hoping someone can help
    Thanks
    Mel

Disney Baby is offline <--- That's my baby at 8 cells old <3 Ahh the perks of IVF =D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm not sure if anyone visits this thread anymore, but I thought I would introduce myself anyway...

DH and I have been TTC for 15 months, almost 16 as I feel AF will be here any day!

His mum is actually going through IVF and is going through Westmead. She said it only costs $1450 if you go in as an outpatient? Does anyone know what that means?

I don't want to try naturally anymore as obviously we need assistance.

I hope someone reads this

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Disney

WFC doesn't really have 'outpatients', or at least they're not labelled as that.

Bascially, you need to make an appointment with one of the doctors who works in the clinic, and then you will have an initial appointment with the actual clinic (docs have their own rooms, usually nearby). But yes, that is the rough cost for a cycle, if you have passed the safety net. You can get details of the doctors and costs of the clinic on their website, and they also have a 'business manager' that will explain all costs & Medicare rebates for you.

Good luck with TTC.

http://www.westmeadivf.com.au/page/c...treatment.html

Disney Baby is offline <--- That's my baby at 8 cells old <3 Ahh the perks of IVF =D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks lilbirdy

We were actually going to just pass through Sydney on our way to WA, but now that I know Westmead is super cheap, we are actually considering doing IVF through them and staying in Syd visiting family for a little longer.

I want to call up and ask for info, but I know they will just want to send out an information pack, and there is no point as I'm still in QLD but leaving in about a week.

I'm just worried about the fact that we may have to wait because they are booked for that certain month. MY family doesn't know we are even TTC, but DH's family does. We were only planning on passing through Syd for 2-3 weeks, but if we go through IVF, we may be there for MONTHS! I know my family would get iffy then

I'm still confused about the 'Safety Net' thing...

What is it? And is it hard to pass it?

Thanks again for your help

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Disney Baby

Have you had any tests done to find out why you're not conceiving? There are other treatments you can try before moving on to IVF, eg. Clomid. Much less invasive, and cheaper by far!

You'll have to go to a GP and get a referral to see a FS, and it's easier if you get all the tests done through the GP. Before you can start at WFC, you and DH both need BTs for HIV/AIDS, HEP B & C. You need a BT for Rubella and a pelvic U/S. DH needs to have a sperm analysis.

When we did our IVF cycle, DH and I paid $1450 plus $200 for Lucrin injections, and after we sent on the medicare cheque, we got a rebate for $750, so all up our cycle was $900. IVF is a 6 week process from when you book in on Day 1 of a period to EPU and ET.

You may be better off seeing a FS in WA and exploring all your options first, and then if you need to resort to IVF, have another 'visit' to family for treatment.

Good luck with the decision making and TTC - I hope you get that BFP soon!