Closed Thread
Page 33 of 141 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383133 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Lilbirdy - so so sorry it didn't work out this time. I was hoping this was your month after missing out on a cycle. Fingers crossed for third time lucky!

Cannotgiveup - OMG, that must have been so hard for you to deal with. The world is a cruel, cruel place. Will you need extra progesterone for the next cycle to sustain a BFP? Roll on January, it will go so quick with the silly season almost upon us.

Kaz - a few more blinks and your cycle will be all over. It really flies by when you start the drugs. You pay for the cycle when you start the drugs, so if you are sniffing Synarel, that will be the next appointment. Good luck for your nurses interview.

MRJB - I completely understand you wanting to have a break from bubhub. I freaked out for awhile about HCG numbers before I kicked myself up the bum. Just enjoy that little bundle growing inside you!

AFM - OHSS symptoms are starting to disappear after 2 weeks, thank goodness. The fluid has left my ribs and is floating around my belly button now, so a couple more days and I think it will be gone. 6 weeks pregnant today, and I still can't quite grasp the concept . Too scared to even put a BFP in my signature!

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi all

lirdbirdy-sorry it didnt work out this cycle
    what do u mean a natural cycle?
    how do u find dr gaynor
    some people said they didnt like her, but i thought she was fine the time we meet her.

cannot-january will be here before u know it, keep strong

ree and everyone else how u going?
    kate-havent seen u in here for ages

us-we have our appt on thursday its abit nerve racking all the phrases and terminology is still a blur and what happens lol
    iam on pervora i stoped it on monday and they said i should get a period by friday then they want me to take another drug i think then i think i start the synare i think
    lol i guess i will know more on thursday
    so will we have to pay the money on thursday?

i think we going to do abit of both, both claim medicare and not claim if we have to do more then one cycle
    what do u guys do?

and do u guys get the drugs off the nurses, i remember kate saying something that its cheaper if u get it from the chemist?
    and i think i remember someone saying u can claim for some through private health insurance?
    iam with mbf not sure what they do

ty for all your help and support,
    kaz

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone for your kind words, yes I definitely hope it's third time lucky for us too !! They say 3 cycles is the average so let's hope I'm average !!

Kaz, it will become alot clearer when you go to the clinic on Thursday. The nurses are very patient and will walk you through exactly what you have to do and what drugs you have to take and when etc. My first cycle was a little bit different to yours, but they gave me some paperwork, and on it is written exactly what you need to take and when.

As I said, it's worth calling the clinic tomorrow and double checking you can sit down with the business manager so he can run you through all the payment options, he is very patient and nice.

As far as private claims go, none of the drugs I took were claimable by MBF. Not many IVF / fertility drugs are unfortunately. I would suggest you write down a list of what you are / will be taking, making sure you have the spelling right, and then either visit or call the MBF office with the drugs.

Check out this thread, there's a few ladies discussing what you can claim

http://www.bubhub.com.au/community/f...d.php?t=366017

Good luck for Thursday, it will all start to make sense soon ! I felt exactly the same - information overload - when I first started.

Thanks
    Reviews
    oh kaz, natural cycle is when you're thawing one of the frozen embryos (I have 7 frozen), basically the clinic just monitors your hormone levels with blood tests - and then just at the right time, near ovulation, they transfer the thawed embryo. They are trying to mimic what the body does naturally. The alternative is a medicated cycle, where they give you drugs to control exactly when ovulation happens.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Guys,

I am about to join WFC to see Dr Howard Smith. Does anyone here see him? What's your opinon? how many cycles did you do until you fell pregnant? hows the nursing staff? Does Dr Howard do actual egg pick/embryo transfer procedures or not? I have so many questions to ask anyone who goes to WFC and see's dr howard smith. please private message me if you are able to help me with my queries. Thanks to all , and GOod luck to everyone with their cycles.

Only one.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Jumping back in....

Hi ladies! I am jumping back in here after quite a long break. I'll just re-introduce myself for anyone who doesn't remember me: I am married to a Navy guy, which always makes ttc a challenge. We have a beautiful 4 year old daughter who was conceived on our 3rd round of clomid after 2.5 years ttc. We conceived again on clomid when she was 9 months old, only to lose our precious son at 20 weeks. Over the last 3 years since, I've had a m/c at 11 weeks, and did a full IVF cycle at SIVF with 1 fresh and 1 frozen t/f which were all BFNs. I attempted another frozen t/f in June this year, but both our remaining blastys failed to thaw. Then we conceived again with clomid in August, but it was ectopic and I lost my right tube. Now we're preparing for a new IVF cycle through WFC, going through Dr Fong. I'm on CD5 now, so we will start once AF arrives again. We had to pre-book our cycle due to the backlog of bookings WFC has at this time of year!

So, that's my story. I must confess though, that I am using clomid this cycle so I'm hoping I won't need to go through with IVF at all! Not getting my hopes up, but it would be nice!

Looking forward to getting to know everyone! FX for wherever you are in your cycle!

Vicky

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi all

how u doing

iam currently in my first cycle at westmead

i have really started the ivf drugs as yet cause i dont get periods
    i had to take drugs to bring on a period then the pill lol etc etc

but im going to see them next week to pay the money and to pick the drugs

but ihave to say so far
    iam not really happy with westmead
    and i just feel like a number there

is anyone else felt like this or is it just me

each time ive rang them it takes them a day or so to get back to me
    and cause this is my first time for a ivf cycle and i dont really know what to do or anything
    i jsut think they could be more caring and understanding
    when i do finally get called back
    i find them to be uncaring and in a rush to get off the phone

i know they are in a public hospital and short of nurses etc
    but its not just what i expected

i know its cheap and thats why alot of people go there, but still u want the nurses to be caring and understanding

and they are always advertising on the radio for more people to go to them for fertility treatment
    if more people go there how we going to be treated then
    and how long are we going to have to wait to do a cycle

thats also what iam worried about it, if this cycle dosnt work, i will have to wait till after xmas and next year
    for another cycle but how long will i have to wait just to get another cycle in
    when i cant afford to go anywhere else

thats just some of my concerns that iam having
    but iam trying not to stress or anything

its just hard having them up in sydney and iam down in wollongong
    harder then i thought

anyway i started the synral on wednesday jsut feel abit sick and tied sometimes thats about it at the moment
    and going back to see them next thursday the 25th

goodluck to u all
    kaz

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Kaz, sorry to hear you're not having a good experience with WFC. I have only spoken to the nurses a couple of times, but they seemed really lovely. Hopefully your encounters were the exception, rather than the norm. When I rang them up (on CD1) they said they were not able to start me on that cycle, but pre-booked me for the next one. This worked out better for me anyway, since we wanted to do the EPU in January when DH is on leave. I'm travelling to Sydney too, from Nowra. Did you find a chemist in wollongong who stocks the Syneral?? I know Convenient Chemist in Wollongong stocks Lucrin and Crinone, but not sure about Syneral as SIVF uses Lucrin. I'm pretty sure once the new year rolls around it won't be so busy. There are just a lot of people trying to get one more cycle in before the end of the year to make the most of the medicare limit. FX for you!

Vicky
    Last edited by ameliasmummy; 25-11-2010 at 15:34.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Kaz - chin up, honey, and just focus on the end result! It's like childbirth, you forget it all when you have a beautiful baby in your arms.

I must admit, I found WFC the same, especially after I got my BFP. It was like I was just a great statistic then. I rang the clinic to tell them I had OHSS really bad after my BFP and I didn't even get a return phone call.

BUT ... there's no way we could afford to do IVF if it wasn't for WFC, and the nurses really are amazing when you see them. I don't think it's just WFC that make you feel like a number, I think it's IVF clinics in general.

Goodluck with the cycle, and trust me, it's all over quicker than a flash. Fingers crossed for a first cycle BFP!

Ameliasmummy - Goodluck with the last round of clomid. I have my fingers crossed for you too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey ladies! Just a quick update from me. We had an appointment with Dr Fong yesterday. It looks like I have polycystic ovaries, although I don't have PCOS. Since I don't have any of the main symptoms (high hormone levels, irregular periods, acne, excess hair) she thinks my ovaries are just going a bit wacko! Shouldn't interfere too much with my cycle though, which is good. She decided that we will be doing the Orgalutran cycle, which is only 3 weeks instead of the long down-reg cycle. She thinks that this will give me less chance of hyper-stimming like I did last time (51 follicles ). She's also putting me on Gonal-F instead of Puregon, and lowering the dose from 150 to 112.5. Hopefully this will give me quality eggs, rather than quantity. Also, I have to wait until my January cycle to start, since the operating theatres are not available for the first few weeks in January. So, that gives me one extra cycle to try naturally before we go ahead with IVF.

Vicky