Closed Thread
Page 29 of 141 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979129 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    kazandsteve, good luck with your appointment, it's Dr Gayer right ? Just wasn't sure whether it's the same Nalini Gayer as we are with, but I don't think there's any other Westmead docs with similar name.

I do like her, make sure you have loads of questions write them down. She is nice but very busy and usually doesn't really offer up information other than the basics.

Wishing you the best of luck.

I also just wanted to say that with some of the criticism of WFC that's been on here (guilty your honour!) I have to say I am very pleased after I just returned from Medicare office. We got back $4400 from $4720 paid out on this current cycle, so our entire cycle including egg pickup and ET was $320.

That means from the two stim cycles we've done, from a total of $9750 paid to WFC under the pay up front method, we got back $8298, so cost of $1452 for two stim cycles. There is no way that could be matched elsewhere.
    So for non profit clinic.

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi
    lb
    thankx for that help
    but iam not really sure what to ask
    what questions should i ask

thats great about getting most of your money back

i went into medicare the other day and asked them if i was over the threshold and they didnt have a clue what i was talking about lol
    and just said no

kaz

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Kaz,

I've noticed you got POCS, ask NG what she normally give to patient like yourself.
    Is this your first IVF cycle?
    Make sure you bring all your test results to save you time coming back for more appointment.

I have listed most of the test that is required if you do a search on 4 fails cycles or more.

lilbirdy- I got about the same amount as I have 3 stim cycles this year. Hence the reason why I stay with WFC as I just couldn't afford going to SIVF.

The nursese are wonderful and Dr H smith is very great.

Thanks
    Reviews
    kaz that is weird - stoopid medicare.
    Ask them about the safety net - here is a link, you could print it out and just show them if you're not sure.

http://www.medicareaustralia.gov.au/...dex.jsp#N10059

My costs went right down after my first cycle because I spent over $1126, which is the threshold this year.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I got my BFP

MRJB and Lilbirdy - go out and buy the First Response HPTs, the ones WFC give you are crappola! I got a very very definite second line on the FR, and nothing on theirs. I'm very glad I used the FR first!

Good luck MRJB, you're next!

MRJB is offline Good things come to those who wait!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    yay, yay, yay reebee!! so happy for you!

And me...i got a BFP too!

I tested twice yesterday (first response and the digital one) both bfp, then once this morning and the line was even darker.

Waiting to go in for my BT now.

Wasn't supposed to test 'til thursday but I thought I was getting me period as I was cramping.

I testing last twice week and got negatives so the ovidrel is out.

I am going to test with the WFC ones on thursday and call them then because they will probably get up me for testing early haha.

I'm so happy, but i'll be happier when I get the BT results. I have to wait until tmrw after work argh!

Thanks
    Reviews
    OMG girls that is awesome !!!!!!!!!!! Fantastic, I am so happy for you both ! How inspirational !

I am still only 5 days past transfer so not going to test just yet. Thanks for the tip on the WFC tests Reebee, I was surprised they give those now instead of BTs - but they did say I could come in for a BT if I want. I will get some First Responses next week.

MRJB, how many days past transfer were you when you tested negative ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I tested on day 6 and 7 post transfer. Do a test now to see if it's out - if it's positive then you know it's still there as the hcg from pregnancy will not be high enough yet.

Use the same brand though to make sure it's picking up the same amount. And keep one of those for test day too

I am sooooo nervous about the BT!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Woohoo MRJB! That's fantastic!

Did your OHSS symptoms come back when HCG levels started rising? I've been bloated/fluidy since Saturday, and my ovaries are super sore.

Started morning, noon and night sickness yesterday and I'm still today. I never had morning sickness with DS, and I certainly didn't expect it so early with this one. Gosh, I hope it doesn't continue!

I'm booked in to see my ob on Friday, so will get a BT then.

for you Lilbirdy!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Reebee- no my OHSS hasn't showed it's ugly head thank god (hope that's not a bad sign :s)

You poor thing being sick already! Hopefully it gets better soon,