Closed Thread
Page 28 of 141 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878128 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by cannotgiveup View Post
    Just wondering what's everyone given after the EPU for luteal phase support? Beside crinone etc.
    CGU I just had crinone for last stim cycle and also this one. I am wondering why they might not prescribe more ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

Just wondering if any of you know if Westmead treat women at 42yrs old??

I just had my 1st failed cycle with Monash ivf and was considering trying Westmead as they are a little more affordable.

I live near Byron Bay and i noticed a few ladies travel quite a distance to westmead as well.

Any recommendations of FS much appreciated.

Thanks Ladies

me 42 Dp 39 MFI

#1 ICSI sep 2010
    7 eggs 6 immature i x 5 day blast BFN

4 children naturally conceived with previous partner.
    Last edited by mel19681; 06-10-2010 at 11:15. Reason: forgot to write in my ist cycle

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Mel, yes I am pretty sure they do, I am 41 and I haven't heard they'll kick me out yet !

As for FS, we are seeing Nalini Gayer. If you go to WFC website, you'll see the doctors there. I have also heard good things about Howard Smith and there are other ladies on here seeing other doctors. Dr Gayer has quite a wait to get in (first week of Dec when I tried to make an appt last week), some of the others are better.

If you are 'remote' I would suggest you cover off all the logistics of blood test / ET etc with them on the phone first just to be sure. There are def people here who do those things at other clinics, you might just want to figure out costs etc.

Have a good read through this thread for opinions/ pros & cons, there is plenty there.

Good luck with whatever you decide!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Lilbirdy,

I was on crinone only for the first four cycles.

On my 5th cycle I was given crinone and pessaries.

And now they just give me crinone and 1500mg Pregnyl for this cycle.

I'm not sure whether I should go out and buy some more pessaries.
    How do you know that you body have enough progesterone?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lilbirdy - I just read your sig. 20 fertilised!!! Well done

Mel19681 - I saw Dr Fong, who is in the same practice as Dr Smith. I got an appointment to see her in under 2 weeks, so super fast compared to others. She does charge a bit though - initial appoinment cost us $250 for me and $200 for DH.

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi ladies
    cannot give up, I asked the nurses today about additional progesterone and she said they generally prescribe it to ladies who've had a few unsuccessful gos which sounds like what happened in your case. I have no idea how you just how much progesterone you 'need' but I think it would be worth a call to query what they're prescribing and just a bit of insight into why ? Good luck with it.

Emma, WFC definitely do ETs on weekends, it's the EPU they don't on weekend because they're done in the hospital, rather than the clinic . I did want to reiterate, my only issue with the clinic is that limited availability and the cancelation of cycle if they're booked out. I think ladies on antagonist cycles are probably more at 'risk' of missing out, because those cycles are shorter, therefore the theatres are booked out with ladies doing longer cycles ahead of time.

This morning, we had the most wonderful reception / interaction with a whole number of staff, they are compassionate, engaged and friendly and I cannot speak more highly of them.

We had one two day embie transferred today with 7 in the freezer. So out of 20, 8 were good. A great number at day 2, but still proof that it's about quality not quantity !! Cecilia the head scientest is quite a proponent of 2 day transfers and quoted some stats from the previous clinic she worked where day 2 transfers provided over 50% of take home babies. Since we did the day 5 last time, I am willing to give this one a try.

So now we're officially in the 2WW.

Hope everyone is going well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    What a great result LB!!!!

Fingers crossed for you xoxo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Lilbirdy.

Congrats on so many eggs. Wow!!!

At least you got some reserved. Do you know what grade before they actually freeze?

mel19681- N Gayer is quite if you dont mind paying?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by cannotgiveup View Post
    Thanks Lilbirdy.

Congrats on so many eggs. Wow!!!

At least you got some reserved. Do you know what grade before they actually freeze?

mel19681- N Gayer is quite if you dont mind paying?
    cgu, she said grade 1; the embies are all day 2. I have some others that are 'average' they might consider freezing but I doubt it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi alll

kate-sorry to hear your cycle got cancelled

lb-goodluck
    and goodluck to everyone else

we are seeing dr gaynore
    our appt is next wed cant belive how quickly it has come along
    hopefully it will all go ok

take care
    kaz