Closed Thread
Page 27 of 141 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777127 ... LastLast
    MRJB is offline Good things come to those who wait!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    They told me before I started that cycles can get cancelled due to overbooking the theatre.

TNT - congrats on your pregnancy yay yay yay!
    my sister is quite large and was told that she would have to lose weight before any treatment by a GP. Also, I watched a documentary once and a woman had a goal weight she had to get down to before treatment. I Know I was weighed and my height taken before we began. I think it's just a general practice for many medical treatments, some clinics just want their patrients to be as healthy as possible before they start (hence the eat well, exercise, drink loads of water, quit smoking and drinking, reduce caffine lecture we've all heard and read a thousand times! Haha)

We also got more tests there than our clinic in our home town wihch charged 10K a cycle.

I would rate the following (if anyone cares haha)

Dr smith 9/10
    We were with him for 2 hours first app!

theatre/recovery staff 10/10
    Amazing girls!

Male scientist 9/10

Female scientist 2/10 VERY bad at explaining things

ET 4/10 (no computer screen, should talk you through it more, would rather dr smith do it).

Cost 100,000/10 haha

I had issues with the phone logging -stressful when you can't answer your phone at work.

Other than that and the times Linda was short and rude to me, I am quite happy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kate, I'm sorry I can't really answer your question about being late in your cycle / implantation I think it's worth a call to the clinic or FS though esp if you are stressed about it (last thing you want !). I hope it works out fine for you.

TNT, wow it really sounds like you had a bad time of it there. Again, I think being up front (like you suggest, info on website or at FS phone call) about the BMI issue would solve alot of angst. And yay, that is awesome you got a BFP ! May I ask which clinic you went to in the end ?

MRJB, the clinic told me about possible cancellation, what I reckon should happen is the FS / FS secretary should tell you when you BOOK. You're already 2-3 months down the track once you get to the clinic by the time you get appts etc. Also I have issues with the advertising when they're already busy.

I have actually found Linda to be great, but Chris is my favourite. Maybe Linda has good and bad days more than others !

There are two female scientests (that I've met so far) MRJB, did you mean the Asian lady Amanada ? I was lucky today we met with the head scientest Cecilia and I thought she was very good. Steve is also great, very down to earth. Cecilia was the one that actually pushed the clinic to do Sunday embryo transfers so seems like she is pushing them to acheive positive outcomes for the clinic, even if it makes her a bit unpopular !

And like you MRJB, I think the theatre staff are totally amazing !! What kind hearted girls, nothing is too hard and they make you feel so comfy and at ease.

So my problem is not with the staff, it's with the resources more than anything.

I got 26 eggs collected today so my faith is in the scientests and of course my eggies the next few days that we get heaps fertilised and they are strong munchkins.
    Last edited by lilbirdy; 05-10-2010 at 15:40.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lilbirdy - You must be so sore! WOW, 26 is a HUGE haul. Fingers crossed you have lots of fertilisation and lots of dividing. Are you going to blast?

Kate - Did you ovulate later than normal? Luteal phase is roughly 2 weeks after ovulation regardless, so maybe you will just have a longer cycle than normal. Ring the clinic and ask, that's what they are getting paid for! It's hard to put all your hopes in the hands of someone else, isn't it? Goodluck with the transfer, and hopefully you will have 2 beautiful embryos burrowing in soon!

MRJB - How are you feeling now after EPU? I am finally back to normal, apart from sore ovaries, but atleast I can move now.

I couldn't even tell you the name of the scientist DH and I saw. Poor DH wanted to ask a zillion questions and all I wanted to do was go home! I'm sure she was very nice?

Thanks
    Reviews
    LB what a fantastic result for you!!! Fingers crossed you get plenty of beautiful healthy embies!!!

My cycle has been cancelled this month. I am actually glad it didn't go ahead. I think I would have requested to cancel even if they said it would be ok! Cecelia was lovely about it and agreed I only have one shot, so we want it to be as straightforward as possible.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We posted at the same time, Kate.

I'm glad you're okay with the cancelled cycle, although it must be so frustrating for you. Will you do a medicated cycle next time? I was hoping it would all work out for you, but atleast your embryos won't be wasted.

Another hurdle to leap! Fingers crossed for next month

MRJB is offline Good things come to those who wait!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Lilbirdy - WOW that's a lot of eggs! I hope you're feeling okay. you get a nice lots of embies from them.

ReeBee - Good to hear you're feeling better. I am still pretty bloated and sore but no where near as bad as before. I wasn't expecting so feel so crap so it's nice to be getting back to normal!

Kate S - Sorry to hear your cycle has been cancelled! It's good to hear you have a good outlook but I bet it's still disappointing. It seems all you do is wait wait wait!! For an appointment, for AF, to start jabbing, for EPU blah blah blah. But it's best not to rush it I guess for next month

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry to hear your cycle is cancelled Kate, but it does sound like it's the best approach if this is your last frostie. Hope the time until next month goes quickly !

Ree, not sure about blasty or day 2 yet. We'll see what happens tomorrow with fertilisation.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for your wellwishes ladies!! To be honest, I really needed a little break. There are a few things going on with hubbys job, so I was feeling a bit distracted, and would like to have a few loose ends tied up before our next ET. Sometimes its so easy to get consumed with IVF, but I really like to take a step back every now and then. I feel really positive about our little frosties, so I want to give them the best possible chance of becoming our much wanted earthlings

I'm not sure about next month. I'll give the clinic a buzz in a week or so and discuss whether to go natural or medicated. I have no idea what a medicate FET entails

Thanks
    Reviews
    TNT - Congrats for getting your BFP that was on a IUI wasnt it ??

Just weighting on the WFC debate going on here ..i know that TNT had a bad experence but i couldn't rate them high enough

I had Dr Smith as a FS he never mentioned losing weight before starting treatment and yes i was overweight when we saw him the same with Linda who was the only nurse i really dealt with unless she was on a rostered day off ...whe we got our first BFP and then lost it she was crying cause we lost it not many nurse are that compaisonate oh and the EPU was done on a weekend too ..perhaps there has been a few changes since last Nov

With out FET that was done on Australia day so a Public holiday and Dr Smith was the supervisor that day and another Dr did the actual transfer it was on the telly too

I found WFC to be wonderful and would recommend to anyone and they have a really good success rate esp with multipules there are quite a few of us on this site and even 1 with triplets

Good luck ladies wish you all the very best success

Emma

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just wondering what's everyone given after the EPU for luteal phase support? Beside crinone etc.