Closed Thread
Page 26 of 141 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676126 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi ladies,

I have been reading this thread. You poor ladies you dont deserve this. After my bad experience I wrote to the Health Care Complaints Commision (HCCC), and I think you should all stand up for yourself if your getting bad treatment.

My DH and I arent the richest people in the world but we walked with our feet and went to another clinic and couldnt be more happy.

I had trouble with Linda who was rude, Dr Soo who was rude and I believe is not there anymore. I also had trouble with Dr Howard Smith.

My FS whom I was with in the first place walked out of WFC and joined another team because he didnt like the way WFC was run.

I don't believe they have cancelled peoples cycles and have one lady on hold at the moment who is 3 days over due for EPU. As a Registered Nurse I have health concerns for the lady on this thread after hearing that.

For those of you who have been given 3 HPTs to take I was told by my clinic that they can be wrong and that BT is the only definitive. I would be going to a doctor and getting a BT it may cost you some money but it will be worth it.

Im so sorry to hear that you ladies are going through this.

Vote and walk with your feet.

TNTbub

MRJB is offline Good things come to those who wait!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    TNTbub -thanks for your input. It's sad to hear this
    I don't think DP and I could afford anywhere else. We would have to find a place that works on a similar system. In saying that, the FS in our home town who charges 10k per stim cycle is worse than anything I have experienced at WFC. I really felt like a number then and he was not proactive in the slightest.

The thought of changing again is scary but we'll see.

Lilbirdy- TWW actually hasn't been that bad (dare I say it). It all happened so quickly that it still hasn't registered yet I don't think. After months of alwyas have a 'next step' be it synarel, puregon, scans, epu etc it seems weird to have nothing now but waiting.

I HATE the crinone! Yucky

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by TNTbub View Post
    Hi ladies,

I have been reading this thread. You poor ladies you dont deserve this. After my bad experience I wrote to the Health Care Complaints Commision (HCCC), and I think you should all stand up for yourself if your getting bad treatment.

My DH and I arent the richest people in the world but we walked with our feet and went to another clinic and couldnt be more happy.

I had trouble with Linda who was rude, Dr Soo who was rude and I believe is not there anymore. I also had trouble with Dr Howard Smith.

My FS whom I was with in the first place walked out of WFC and joined another team because he didnt like the way WFC was run.

I don't believe they have cancelled peoples cycles and have one lady on hold at the moment who is 3 days over due for EPU. As a Registered Nurse I have health concerns for the lady on this thread after hearing that.

For those of you who have been given 3 HPTs to take I was told by my clinic that they can be wrong and that BT is the only definitive. I would be going to a doctor and getting a BT it may cost you some money but it will be worth it.

Im so sorry to hear that you ladies are going through this.

Vote and walk with your feet.

TNTbub
    Hi TNT
    I am the person who's 3 days overdue for EPU. Your comments obviously concerned me alot, is there anything else that you know of aside from OHSS that would present problems ?? I am monitoring things quite closely for any symptoms and so far feel fine, a little bloated, but no more than last cycle.

My main issue with WFC is missing out on the month due to overbooking, plus this issue of no EPU on weekends / public holidays.

I wrote to both WFCE and the hospital about the fact that WFC overbooks, yet to receive an answer (6 weeks ago).

From your sig, am I right in thinking you got a BFP on your first go ? How far in the process did you actually go with WFC ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    MRJB, I felt exactly the same in our TWW. It was almost boring not running at 12 hour intervals!!! Oh the crinone is an experience isn't it Fingers crossed for you lovely

Thanks
    Reviews
    LB - I went over my initial booking day by about 8 days from memory. I did get very bloated and was in a fair amount of pain, but the alternative was to go too early, and end up with no embys.

Please, please don't take this the wrong way, and I do understand that it is extremely frustrating, but I think that the fact they only take a certain number of patients and only do certain proceedures on weekdays is a large part of the reason that the cost per cycle is SO low! It does annoy me too, but the alternative for us is to pay about 5 times what we pay at WFC at our local clinic, and that's just not feasible for us right now.

I know our local clinic has a one on one nurse for you per cycle, and your doctor does everything from start to finish, but you pay a premium for that level of service.

Could you broach these issues with your FS? Maybe your FS could give you more info, or refer you to another FS who practices in a private clinic.

Best of luck with everything xoxo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kate S View Post
    LB - I went over my initial booking day by about 8 days from memory. I did get very bloated and was in a fair amount of pain, but the alternative was to go too early, and end up with no embys.

Please, please don't take this the wrong way, and I do understand that it is extremely frustrating, but I think that the fact they only take a certain number of patients and only do certain proceedures on weekdays is a large part of the reason that the cost per cycle is SO low! It does annoy me too, but the alternative for us is to pay about 5 times what we pay at WFC at our local clinic, and that's just not feasible for us right now.

I know our local clinic has a one on one nurse for you per cycle, and your doctor does everything from start to finish, but you pay a premium for that level of service.

Could you broach these issues with your FS? Maybe your FS could give you more info, or refer you to another FS who practices in a private clinic.

Best of luck with everything xoxo
    Thanks Kate, yes, you are totally right, WFC is a not for profit fertility clinic so they are more affordable, but perhaps a little less guaranteed when it comes to their facilities. The reason they can't do weekend epus is because they rely on the theatre from the public hospital dental clinic, and that does not operate on weekends.

In my letter to WFC after I missed out a month due to overbooking I asked two questions. Whether they'd considered asking all FS's to let their patients know about the potential 'shortcomings' of working in a very demanding public system ie. that they might miss out a month, weekend EPU was not available etc. The problem is, as you know, it can take a long time to even get to see an FS, so as much info up front as possible would be great (even when first booking an appt on the phone the receptionist could communicate these issues I think). The second question was why WFC continued to advertise (they do on Mix FM radio, maybe others) when the demand clearly outweighs the facilities.

The other thing my FS didn't tell me (I now know to ASK rather than wait to be told) was that she also works with a private clinic. Had I known that, I probably would have at least started out that way then see how the finances went.

I don't want to sound like I'm complaining, all the nurses I have dealt with have been wonderful, and the scientests too. The bottom line is, at 41, I just can't afford to miss out on a month or have administrative issues cause any further delay to trying to get our bubba.

I am crossing everything this cycle is successful and then of course all of this will be water under the bridge ... but I have booked into another clinic for any future stim cycles, just to ensure the stress of this extra stuff doesn't weigh on our minds. We are very very lucky that we could probably afford a couple of cycles in private clinic (god knows we should start claiming back some of that private health insurance!).

My follies were pretty ready on Friday/Sat but the long weekend just happened to fall this weekend which was a massive bummer. I'm just a little concerned that with probably around 40 follies now, my OHSS risks after EPU are very high. I would not have got to this level had I had the EPU earlier.

I hope it all doesn't matter in the end

And that all of our wishes come true !

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

I have to admit, I'm quite happy with WFC. Apart from a few technical glitches, my experience has been quite positive! I've been really lucky and the only nurse I've dealt with is Chris, and she is SOOOO lovely. I can see how a negative nurse would make the experience more difficult though.

My ET was lightning fast, too, but the nurse had warned me before we got in there. She did say Dr Melham was brilliant at ET, so FX she's right. It was get on the bed, legs spread, embryo in, NEXT...

I think with the HPTs, they are giving them out because coming in for a BT is inconvenient for those travelling. I would have a BT at home anyway, which would probably cost me an arm and a leg, so it's better to see the Dr and have a BT.

The 2WW is going super fast! I realised last night that a week is nearly gone and just over a week for D Day! Getting very nervous!!! I can't wait for that last Crinone!

TNT - Congratulations on the BFP May all the hard work be a distant memory now!

MRJB is offline Good things come to those who wait!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    yeah I would have to say I am still happy with the clinic and what I experienced would not hinder my ability to fall pregnant,

Some people were great, some not so great but you get that everywhere. Plus I think I was super sensitive.

I am so grateful that we found WFC as we were able to have a Cycle that was free from financial stress at least!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I went up today and had bloods by a man i'd not seen before and he was just gorgeous!!

I had another scan and my endometrium is good, which I'm happy about.

I'm going to post a new topic for a bit more traffic, but I'm not 100% about going ahead with this cycle. I'll wait for my test results, but Im a bit nervous that I'm cd20 today of a 28ish day cycle, and they are saying ET may be tomorrow or Friday. That's only leaving around a week for implantation. So confused

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lilbirdy View Post
    My main issue with WFC is missing out on the month due to overbooking, plus this issue of no EPU on weekends / public holidays.

I wrote to both WFCE and the hospital about the fact that WFC overbooks, yet to receive an answer (6 weeks ago).

From your sig, am I right in thinking you got a BFP on your first go ? How far in the process did you actually go with WFC ?

If you dont get an answer from the WFCE go the the HCCC. http://www.hccc.nsw.gov.au/

Yes I got my BFP on my first go. So very lucky.

I got as far as seeing silly FN Linda who was dumb as. I saw Dr Soo who was an arrogant a$$hole!! An oxygen thief. We got to pick our Donor sperm. One had query clamidia thats an STD either rule him in or out. Only to be told that I was too fat to get treated. I rang Dr Howard Smith to complain about not getting treatment because I was fat and that it should be mentioned in their brochures. He ignored me. Said if you dont like it go elsewhere. So I did.

Dumb asses Im pregnant now arent I. And Im still above their BMI requirement.

So I complained to the HCCC. Thats where I got satisfaction.

I heard before I started that they may cancell a cycle due to over booking, that they dont do alot of testing and that they didnt do EPU on weekends.

TNTbub.