Closed Thread
Page 23 of 141 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone!

I had my second BT today in prep for our FET. I don't know if it's just the ladies I've had, but the BTs have been really painful . I thought it would get easier as you go, and I'm not particularly bothered by needles. Ouchies!!

Hope everyone is well!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kate S View Post
    Hi everyone!

I had my second BT today in prep for our FET. I don't know if it's just the ladies I've had, but the BTs have been really painful . I thought it would get easier as you go, and I'm not particularly bothered by needles. Ouchies!!

Hope everyone is well!!
    Hi Kate
    Me too !! We probably there at the same time, I was there from about 7.45 - 8.20 or so. I totally hear you on the BT, it is probably the most painful thing for me other than EPU. I have no probs with all the jabbing myself, and ET is fine. To be honest, if you had the same person taking BT this morning as me, she isn't one of their better ones.

I have very small veins and I can always tell when it's a good nurse/technician taking the BT because they get the vein first time. But I can tell I'm gonna have a massive bruise from this BT.

When is your FET again ??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey LB! I have my BTs done externally because I'm about 2 hrs away from the clinic. The BTs are definately the worst part for me too!! (apart from epu!).

I can only ever get blood from my right arm, so that side feels like a pin cushion. all part of the process though! No use complaining lol!

Do you know when your FET is? I've got a sinking feeling mine will be Friday which will be like pulling teeth to get the day off work, and same for hubby

sorry for the lack of positivity in this post

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey LB! I have my BTs done externally because I'm about 2 hrs away from the clinic. The BTs are definately the worst part for me too!! (apart from epu!).

I can only ever get blood from my right arm, so that side feels like a pin cushion. all part of the process though! No use complaining lol!

Do you know when your FET is? I've got a sinking feeling mine will be Friday which will be like pulling teeth to get the day off work, and same for hubby

sorry for the lack of positivity in this post
    Oh yes, I forgot you were out of town. I was trying to guess who you might have been this morn . It's amazing to think that BTs are one of the worst things for us, but as nurses keep telling me, if you fall PG, be prepared for hundreds !! And then there's childbirth.

I am doing a embie transfer (no frosties) but I think it will be Friday too but will know more this arvo when they call me back about my BT results (hopefully scan tomorrow). I actually have the opposite problem, there is NO WAY hubbie can be here on Thursday, but they told me a day either side is okay. Not sure if it's the same for FET transfer though because of the delicacy of the timing.

Good luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm a bit confuzzled? Are you doing a full stim? Have you had epu? Forgive me, I'm on my phone, so it shows up a bit differently, and it gets hard to go back and check on what's happened previously.

Still waiting on my call about my results! I'm getting a bit anxious!

Fingers crossed you can have your transfer on wed or fri!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just got a call from the nurses - no sign of ovulation yet. Back for another BT on Thursday.

I'm at work so couldn't really get into it, but she said something about there being a small chance of forgoing this cycle and trying again next cycle. It was maybe just an offhand comment, but it's made me a little nervous.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm a bit confuzzled? Are you doing a full stim? Have you had epu? Forgive me, I'm on my phone, so it shows up a bit differently, and it gets hard to go back and check on what's happened previously.

Still waiting on my call about my results! I'm getting a bit anxious!

Fingers crossed you can have your transfer on wed or fri!!
    No, sorry, Kate, I lost it somewhere back there.
    I am having EPU, not ET, on Friday.
    I mis-read your post. Am doing a full stim cycle (antagonist).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just got a call from the nurses - no sign of ovulation yet. Back for another BT on Thursday.

I'm at work so couldn't really get into it, but she said something about there being a small chance of forgoing this cycle and trying again next cycle. It was maybe just an offhand comment, but it's made me a little nervous.
    Try not to worry Kate, I think they often make observations / comments along the way that could mean many things - and it's always hard with a phone conversation, especially with work. Just wait and see what happens on Thurs, and try to relax.

I had a nervous call too, they phoned after my BT today to say my E2 was massively high and I needed to come in for a scan straight away (not sure why they didn't do it this morn like last cycle). I got in a panic and thought I'm overstimulating, cycle cancelled etc. but all is fine. I do have a cajillion eggs, which is very lucky on one hand, but as we know it's about quality not quantity. There are about six or seven at 13 & 14mm so should be a few of a good size to collect.

It was a relief though after that phone call and a nervous drive out there - you just don't know until you get to the clinic.

Thanks
    Reviews

well FET is 2morro i'm happy/nervous/sad my grandmother is in hospital & could pass away anytime so i have alot going through my mind. I want to only think of happy/positive things but then i feel bad about it even though i know she would want this to work for us.
    quick question did any1 do the $1450 option? if so can i ask did medicare add it to your out of pocket cost?
    kate s- goodluck with the BT i hope u get a positive if not have u asked if there's anything they can do to make u ovulate?
    to all

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Hopefully - What an emotional time for you. Big hugs to you lovely.

I haven't asked if there is anything I can do to bring on ovulation. Fingers crossed by Thursday theres some action and we can start moving forward!

Best of luck with everything for tomorrow xoxo