Closed Thread
Page 20 of 141 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070120 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    hey all

kate-wow it might be along wait for me then
    but i dont mind ihave to learn to be more patient
    i dont get periods so they might just start me off straight away???????/
    iam not sure but thats what they did in wolongong when i did the iui cause i didnt get periods they started me on it.
    and u have to take the pill????

wow its abit confussing hopefully i will understand it more once i get started

kate-goodluck crossing fingers for u

can i ask did u end up having your bloodtests and ultrasounds in wollongong or did u go up to westmead?
    and if u had them in wollongong how much extra did it cost

can i ask also how much is it for the fet?
    i think someone said its not as much as the full cycle.

goodluck to u and plenty of babydust to u

hopefully-yeah i would have done option 3 too i think.

is epu= the transfere
    can i ask does it hurt

iam a whoose i hate pain, but am getting use to it after doing the iui
    and iam a nurse too lol

all the best to u all thinking of u
    kaz

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kaz I think they can give you a pill to bring on af.

Epu is egg pick up. It did hurt for me but I did have a few complications.

I had all my bt's at southern p@thology but all my ultrasounds at westmead. I think it was about $88 for each bt, but we'd spend that on petrol, tolls, lunch, time off work anyway, so it's worth it for us to pay and have them done in Wollongong

I have no idea how much the fet is to be honest, i'll find out tomorrow when I call admin to pay!! Have you asked the clinic to send you the info pack? I read mine almost daily lol, but it's packed away now. It's really informative!

Hopefully - thanks so much for the info! I found out today that apparently we have 4 frosties, not three like we'd initially been told! I'm getting paperwork sent out so should have that by Monday!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kaz - They will give you Provera to bring on AF. I think it's 5 days, and you get a bleed within a few days after that. I have PCOS as well, and I hadn't had a proper period since I had my son 4 years ago. I know, it seems ridiculous to be taking the pill when TTC, but it ensures you get a period when you're supposed to. I was on the pill for a couple of years after having DS - what a waste!

Kate - time is already going super fast. My US is booked for next Friday at 9am, so this time next week, hopefully my EPU will be confirmed. I can't believe just how fast it is all going!

Hopefully - I can see why your decision was such a dilemma! I'm really hoping it all works out for the best and you won't need anymore frosties anyway.

AFM - well, my hugging the toilet bowl must have been flu-related. Thank God, because the nurse said the Puregon could make me sick, and they'd have to change the dose. I thought for sure I was going to be a moody cow on all the meds, because Clomid sent me off my rocker, but so far, so good! DH is very surprised and VERY relieved.

1st BT on Tuesday - I'm excited but terrified all at the same time. I'm trying to stay positive, but not too positive.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ree I don't think the drugs are too bad. Not a walk in the park, but way better than I anticipated. You'll be fine I'm sure

I start BTs next Friday! I think we'll try to get all our frosties thawed, and If we are lucky enough to get 2 survive, we'll get them both transferred, but I think we might have a bit of resistance because of my age (27).

Thanks
    Reviews
    hey all

ty for your help
    i probably should go through the info pack again

i dont know iam abit excited and not excited about it all

kate-why should u get some resistance because of your age
    iam 34 this year which is getting way past it

reebee-can i ask did u have your son naturally?
    i had my daughter naturally it was a pure miracle still not sure how we did it
    since i really havent had a proper period since i was 16
    i went on the pill also after i had my daughter only cause the hospital i went to kept pushing me too so that i wouldnt have another baby soon after having the first one
    so i went on the pill for about 6 months and i was having periods every month then as soon as i stoped the pill my periods stopped too
    and then in june this year while waiting for this first ivf appt i started vitex, which i have heard is good for pocs and periods
    and that helped me get a period every month but still no luck in ttc

anyway sorry for raving on too much.
    i like talking to other pocs ladies)
    ree-crosssing fingers for u, hope u feel better
    the joys hey of getting pregant
    cant wait
    have u been on metformin too?
    ive been on it for over a year now and that can make u feel sick too is the sickness like that or worse?

just wanted to ask any of you on facebook?
    iam on it most of the time
    iam under karen young if any of you have it and have a picture of my daughter as profile pic

take care
    all the best
    kaz

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kate - I think Dr F might surprise you. She pretty much offered us the choice to transfer 2, but DH only agreed to do IVF if we only transferred 1. Be firm and demand what you want - it's your body, your choice! If we have to go down the FET road, I'll be pushing for 2.

Kaz - yes, my gorgeous DS was our little miracle. I was seeing a FS, but when he sent me for the prelimenary BTs, they discovered my little surprise . That made it harder this time around as I thought if I just wait a bit longer, it might happen naturally. Oh well, not to be. As DH says, we'll appreciate the next baby so much more because we've waited so long.

In hindsight, I'm kind of glad it has taken so long, because DS is finally out of the terrible 2s and the tantrum 3s and has become a lovely and reasonable little boy. It's been nice having so much one on one time with him, and he'll go to school in 2012 and I can have all that one on one time with bubby.

AFM - I'm just getting over the flu, and now I think I'm getting tonselitis. I can't win a trick at the moment! My poor immune system just can't keep up now, so I think I'll be off to the Dr for antibiotics on Monday. So so so sick of being sick! Oh well, better now than in my 2WW.

Happy weekend to all! Hope you have a good one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ree, I've asked 2 nurses, one initally said no, but then said 'it's not off the cards', the second flatly refused and said theres 'no way' I would be able to have 2 transferred when I am so young and I have no fertility issues.

Can they refuse if we make the request? I was thinking of taking a printed list of our reasons with us, showing we have considered all of the adverse outcomes, so they can put that on our file to show we were well aware of what we were asking for.

How are you finding the drugs? I hope you're feeling better soon!

MRJB is offline Good things come to those who wait!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi guys,

I would also prefer to have two put Back but I know they won't.

I have a bicornuate uterus which is fully septated. That means that my chances are instantly halved because if the embryo implants on the septum it's not viable. If one is put on both sides then, in my simple opinion, it brings my chances back up again.

BUT it's also my first cycle and I am only 22 so I am pretty sure I shouldn't even bother asking haha.

Hope everyone is well!

Thanks
    Reviews
    heya

ree- i totally agree with you i think it does make u appreciate it more too
    iam like u my daughter will be going to school in 2012, so yeah more 1 on 1 time
    but i do wish they were going to be closer in age group
    oh well you cant have everything, just have to be thankful for what u get.

goodluck with the transefer and hope u feel better soon

kate-goodluck to u too, and hope u get what u are asking for

goodluck to all u

be back again soon.
    kaz

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Kate - I would take the list for sure! The worse thing that can happen is they say no. I don't know if they can refuse or not, but if you're persistent and don't back down, I think they will give in.

I've been finding the drugs pretty easy, but I'm starting to get a little emotional and teary at the smallest stressor. I haven't had a fight with DH yet, so that's great! Did you find the Puregon stings? My belly stings like an ant bite for a few minutes afterwards - not pleasant!