Closed Thread
Page 2 of 141 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Hello Ladies

I am so glad that you have started this thread slp. This thread will certaintly give us ladies a good opportunity to share our experience and thoughts.

Although, I am new to this website, however I've been cycling through IVF/ICSI many times now. I must say the nurses at WFC is really nice and understanding.
    We originally see Dr Gayer but due to the $$ cost we end up seeing Dr Smith in the public practice. I must say over 3 years of dealing with him, I have not seen since patience and understanding from a Dr. I don't have a single bad word to say about him at all.

So MRJB, you're in good hand.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi ladies We are planning on using WFC next year some time. We have meet with Dr Gayer and thought she was lovely. I didn't ask too many questions on cost though as we got the price brouchure from WFC and thought the costs would be what was outlined in that?

Does anyone know if Dr Gayer charges more then the other doctors? Is Dr Smith the most cost effective?

Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ladies,

DH and I are having our first appointment with Dr Ashley Fong on 7th July, with hopes of starting IVF at WFC as soon as possible. Anyone else seen Dr Fong? I haven't heard anything about her, but she was quick to get in to see.

Lillystar - I'm not sure about the other Drs, but it's costing us $450 to see Dr Fong, and she's in the same practice as Dr Smith.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just wanted to give a friendly heads up that WFC uses the BMI. And if your overweight they wont treat you. They dont like anything over 25. Thats what Dr Howard Smith told me.

I was turned away. I just thought it might save a few people from making a long trip from interstate if they were considering making the long long trip.

Here is a link to a BMI calculator.

http://www.alfitness.com.au/BMICalculator.asp

TNTbub.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I asked my dr about that and she said if your over 40 on the BMI..I was definitely over 25 last time and we went ahead with a cycle.I think different drs think and say different things,cause i was worried about that as well.It's all so confusing...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bugger - I think I picked the wrong Dr. Dr Fong is charging us both for the consult, $250 for me and $200 for DH. I'm hoping we get the majority of it back from Medicare, but who knows.

That's a bit scary about the BMI thing. Quite disgusting really!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies we did our second ICSI cycle with WFC and the best advice I can give is be very informed wiht what is going on with your own body and read up on everything, when we first saw Dr Melhem, I wanted 2 embryos put back she said that was fine it came to the EPU and the scientist told me we could only have 1 I argued about this and had 2 put back, secondly we are from the gold coast so I had scan ect up here and the nurses mis-read the results so I nearly ended up in for EPU 3 days early so again go over everything with them, thirdly they dont freeze anything but A grade eggs, I also was questioning this as I have read so many stories of even D grade egss making a bub, luckily we had 2 transfered and the other 2 were A grade anyway! Fourthly I suffered from OHSS I was on the cusp and I should have had a BT before the transfer but WFC did not do this and as a result I ended up in GC hospital for a week..............having said all this we got the result we were after! We are expecting twins and have seen healthy heartbeats so we are over the moon so they did delivery just be informed and Good Luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

Well i had 2 blasties transferred today @ WFC, unfortunatley no frosties but thats ok.
    Now for the TWW.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Slp-GL for your 2ww & just maybe you'll join the WFC twin club like me,Emma,Petals & maybe Bubba yet.Theres another lady with twins from there too but name escapes me.Anyway good luck,will keep checking for your results. Least its a shorter 2WW only like 9 days hey.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Plsjust1more,

Its actually 16 days, blood test isnt until the 12/7 so longer than 2 weeks.