Page 19 of 141 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969119 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    hiya all

kate-ty for that info
    hope it works for you this time

been thinking alot about it the last week or soo, so many decisions to make

whether to start in october or wait till next year
    and also ive been looking for another accupuntrist/natropath as mine moved further south
    and came along alady who recons she could get me pregnant without ivf and she wanted me to put ivf off
    but we been thinking about it and ive been having accpunture etc for a year now and nothing much has changed and it hasnt worked for me
    so we going to stick with ivf and going in october

we will see how we go with dr gaynor but if we dont like her or something
    we will go the dr that most of u seem to be using
    dr fong?// is that her name

all the best
    crossing fingers for u all
    kaz

MRJB is offline Good things come to those who wait!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Everyone,

Sorry for the late reply, I don’t have a computer and it’s killing me!

We went to our appointment on Monday and we’re so happy with Westmead. Dr Smith was great, we stayed with him for about two hours which was amazing, compared to our last FS (we were lucky to get 10 minutes…seriously). And the nurse we had was amazing (Leonie).
    So our IVF journey has officially begun! I started taking the pill the day of my appointment as it was the perfect time in my cycle. Having all our tests done before the appointment paid off as there was nothing further he needed to know.
    Though he did send me for a scan to see which side of my bicornuate uterus would be best to place the embryo (the scan was the most pain I have ever been in!).
    If all goes to plan with the sniffing and jabbing we’re looking at a very late sep/early oct transfer so fingers crossed.
    They decided to do a long cycle as we are travelling from QLD sand the clinic is very busy at the moment so it’s easier (logistically and time wise) to have the long cycle.
    I can’t believe it has started; we have had so many things holding us back that this is such a milestone in itself.
    I was actually nauseous all day on Monday after they told us and I keep waking in the middle of the night freaking out about missing a pill/ jab/ blood test etc haha.

How is everyone going here now?
    I feel like I already know a bit more of what you guys have been talking about haha.

I wonder if I saw any of you in the waiting room. There were two women who had just gone for EPU and looked so sore and tired, waiting and waiting to see the scientist. Not looking forward to that

Thanks
    Reviews

Default here we go again

hi to all
    I haven't been on for ages sorry to see so many BFN's. Well I start my blood tests on the 21/9 we are doing our 1st FET this month & we're soooo confused on what to do they gave us 3 options wish we knew what is the right choice
    has any1 had to make this choice???? we also think we should put 2 frosties...any advise??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hopefully, I'm waiting for AF then will be FETing later this month.

Can I ask what the options they gave you were? I thought it was pretty straightforward I don't like having too many choices. They are the experts, I want them to tell me whatto do!

Thanks
    Reviews
    hey all
    hope u all doing well

and crossing fingers we all get a bfp soon

hopefully-iam not sure,
    iam like kate and i like to be told what to do
    i hate making decisions and it would make me more anxious
    and i wouldnt be albe to stop thinking if i made the right choice or not
    but hopefully it will all work out for u

kate-hows things going with u

us-we have our first ivf appt in october
    iam still not sure whether to go for it in october or just wait till the start of next year
    like u hopefully i just dont want to make the wrong decision
    but i think i will jsut start in october to get the ball rolling
    i probably wont actually start the treatment till november cause our appt isnt till the middle of october

all the best
    kaz

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Kaz good th hear from you!

Just quickly (at work and on my mobile) don't forget that there is a quota each month, so if your appt is oct, you need to wait til cd1 which might not be til November, then they might be full for that month so they prebook for December, but then you go on the pill for a cycle, so it's actually January before things start really moving, with epu and transfer in feb! The things we have to go thru to get preg hey!!

AFM- I'm off to call WFC to book in for our FET! it's CD1 for me today.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,

Kate S - Yay! I hope this is the month for you! Are you having one or two put back this time?

Kaz - Hopefully the next few weeks go super quick for you. You must be getting excited now. Fingers crossed you can get a cycle in before Christmas.

Hopefully - I didn't realise there were so many choices with FET. Good luck with your decision, I'm sure you'll make the right one.

AFM - I started Lucrin last week, and Puregon last night, but I've had a cold and now I have the flu, so I don't know if I'm having side effects from the drugs or it's all part and parcel of being sick. Last night I ended up throwing up - DH thinks it's a side effect from the Puregon and I think it was from the flu. I'm feeling a bit better today, so I guess we'll see what happens after I shoot up this afternoon.

If everything goes to plan, EPU will be 27th September

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ohhh ree! This is when the fun starts!! The next couple of weeks will fly for you! Fingers crossed for you sweet!

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi all,
    Kate S- they gave me 3 options it's a very new thing they do now & it depends on how many frosties u have. option 1 is thaw 1-2 if they're ok then u transfer the best 1 it gives u a 18% chance of preg. Opt 2 is thaw 2-3 they keep them in the lab a few more days to see if the cells are still growing then transfer the best 1 or 2 this gives a 38% chance of preg. Opt 3 is thaw all frosties they transfer at blastocyst stage this gives a 60% chance of preg.

I want to do opt 3 because the chance of it working is HEAPS more but if it doesn't work then we wont have any more frosties left to try again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's nice to see a few of us are around the same stage in the ivf cycle lets hope it's the best results 4 all of us
    baby dust to all