Closed Thread
Page 18 of 141 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868118 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies
    I hope you are all doing okay on your journeys. Haven't been here for a while either while I wait for AF.

AF turned up today and I have to say I am devastated, not for the kinds of medical reasons we often have - but administration.

The 'group' at Westmead that I would have fallen into is full so I miss out this month. I am so upset/angry that this was never made clear to me at the outset, I am writing to the various authorities to ask why they don't make patients aware of this possibility before they commence treatment - and also why they are currently advertising on radio when they are effectively knocking patients back ??

The nurses and staff there do an amazing job, it's a shame they have to be the ones to deliver bad news :-(

Sorry for my rant / vent but I am so upset right now. I am 41, I cannot afford to let a month go by.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls! Sorry I've been quiet recently, but we've just been in limbo land waiting for our initial appointment, so nothing much to tell.

lilbirdy - That just bites!! I had my initial consult today and it was made very clear that the month I want might be full. I'm so sorry it wasn't made clear to you. I can totally understand your frustration. It's just not fair! Sorry about the BFN

also to Kate and Rosewater.

AFM - DH and I had our initial consult with Dr Fong today. I really liked her manner and approach to the whole process. We got the initial bloodwork done and they are transferring some of our other tests from SIVF, so hopefully we'll be right to go in November. Unfortunately we might fall into the same boat as lilbirdy, with the group being full. I can't start before Nov due to uni committments, and Dr Fong said that there is usually a big rush of people trying to get in before the year ends because of the Medicare threshold. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Vicky

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lilbirdy I'm sorry you didn't have the process explained to you from the outset. We missed out on the first month too, but the do pre-book you for the following month. All the best for next cycle xoxo

AM - I really like Dr Fong too! Best of luck with your cycle xoxo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

First of all, Kate S and Rosewater, I'm so so sorry for your BFNs

Lilbirdy - that really sucks! Vent away, because it's understandable how upset you are. Did you get pre-booked for next month? I hope the next few weeks go super quick for you.

AFM - I'm booked for 7th September for my nurse interview, so very excited about that. Even better, because I chose to do Lucrin instead of Synarel, I can pick up the Puregon at the same time, so one less trip over the mountain DH and I have to make.

to all those I missed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ree - what is the difference between lucrin and synarel? I'm doing a FET next cycle, but am curious about alternatives when stimming.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Lucrin is an injection rather than a nasal spray

MRJB is offline Good things come to those who wait!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi everyone,

Nice to see how everyone is going. sorry to hear about AF arriving for some and best of luck with the next cycle!

We have our first appointment with Dr Smith on Monday, it has been a long wait!

We have been running around like mad trying to get every test done to make sure we don't have to go back if we don't have to. I had a transvaginal ultrasound yesterday which was lovely

I was hoping we would be able to start our next cycle in october vut it sounds like things are a bit up in the air with westmead and booking cycles! Sound busy

More waiting! I guess I am learning the art of patience before being a mum

All the best everyone!

Thanks
    Reviews
    How did your appt go MRJB?

Thanks
    Reviews
    hey all

sorry to hear to those that af arrived

kate-what happens with a fet cycle
    and does it cost the same.

goodluck to all and your appts and tests etc

i understand about the wait its frustrating

we going with dr gaynor and we have to wait till oct to get appt
    a 3 month wait

and before when i was doing iui i sometimes had to wait in between the cycles.

am looking forward to oct
    but i have heard from some people to start ivf at the start of the year is better
    for the medicare threshold.

have u heard that????????

all the best to all
    take care
    kaz

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Kaz,
    With a natural FET they just thaw the emby(s) and do blood tests and then transfer around time of your natural ovulation. I have to go back up to the clinic for another appt with the nurses to go thru it all in further detail, but I've become very good at not doing too much googling etc about possibilities, I've learnt to wait until I get told exactly what needs to be done from the nurses!

To be honest I haven't looked at the cost. I do know it's cheaper than a full stim cycle, but I'm not sure exactly how much.

Yeah the Medicare safety next goes in calendar years, so it gives you more time to do more procedures, therefore get more back. We started our first cycle in July though, so we weren't willing to wait another 6 months to get the benefit out of that! Again, it's such a personal choice.

Hi to all! Hope everyone is well!!!