Closed Thread
Page 14 of 141 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Also you can do the pregnancy BT where you live,you dont have to go back to them for that one, just fax results to them.I only went to clinic on the initial appointment after seeing FS.They explained everything then.I then rang clinic when starting synaral, made payment $1450- on C/C they posted all my drugs to me over night then i went down when ready for the final BT & scan before EPU then for EPU & then transfer.So we saw them 4 times all up both cycles.They didnt show me how to spray or inject,just explained it on the initial appointment & gave me pictures etc... My FS appointments were all on the phone as well not in person.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by rosewater View Post
    Hi KAte I was there yesterday! I was the first one in at 8am...I think I have memory loss, I was talking toa few lovely girls but cant remember names. My name's elizabeth. I'm sure i'll see you there for transfer tomorrow! Mine is at 12:30. how are you feeling after egg pick up?!
    Hi there! I am the redhead! My hubby was telling me there was a nice bloke who chatted to him while they were in the waiting room, and after we saw you guys yesterday, it turns out it was your hubby!!! I'm feeling LOADS better than I was yesterday, thanks! I really hope you get a good result! Maybe we'll see each other back there in a couple of years for round 2!!

Kaz, I went to the clinic 7 times in total, which was 2x nurses appts, 3x BT + US, 1 x EPU, and 1 x transfer. I've had 2 BT's done at Southern Pathology. Bear in mind I think most people only need 1 US, but I took a while to respond, hence the three US's.

We are lucky that we've always paid extra on our mortgage/ carloan, so we have a bit of excess cash to redraw/redirect to cover the costs. After we went through our options, we decided to not touch our other loans, and we got a designated IVF loan where we drew down the cost of the treatment, then when we get the medicare rebate back, it will go straight back onto the loan, and then we'll pay the $1100 odd difference back over the next couple of months (but we won't 'pay out' the loan, so we still have the funds available to us). If we need to do more than 1 stim cycle, we have enough to cover us til we get the Safety Net refund back at tax time.
    Last edited by Kate S; 05-08-2010 at 12:38.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all,

Congrats and GL to all those in the 2WW. I'm hoping there will be a big influx of BFPs in the coming weeks

Kate & Rosewater - it must be nice to put a face to a name now. Glad you found each other in the waiting room! you'll be having babies at the same time, too. Did you get any frosties?

AFM - very impatiently waiting for AF so I can start. I never thought I'd be impatient for AF, but I must say the days are flying at the moment. We are really lucky, as with DS, our Medicare Safety Net is around $560, and with all the clomid and FS appointments, we have exceeded that already . So now we get back another 80% of our out of pocket costs. Bad news is it clicks back over in Jan, so hopefully we are all done by then!

Thanks
    Reviews
    goodluck to everyone

crossing fingers for u all

kate- goodluck hope it works for u first go

can i ask so u had your ultrasounds up there at westmead?

hi to everyone and goodluck
    thinking of u all

kaz

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kate, what a small world! My hubby said yours was lovely too! How are you feeling at the moment? Im feeling ok, just trying to take it easy at work and home but generally carrying on as normal.
    Itll be nice to keep in touch with you to see how youre going...the tww sucks! haha

REebee82 - thanks for the lovely comment...in answer to your question, we got 6 frosties...it was completely different to our first cycle where we had 7 eggs, 4 fert and no frosties.... this time around we go 18 eggs , 12 fert and 6 frosties. I have been doing accupuncture consistently with the 2nd cycle so I can only imagine that that was what made the difference. All my meds this time around were the same.

Good luck to everyone xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey RW! Maybe we are lucky and both just managed to bag lovely husbands!

I ummed and ahhed about accupuncture and in the end it got too confusing and stressful for me trying to organise, and as it turns out, I got my EPU pushed back twice, and then bought forward at the 11th hour, so it would have been a nightmare trying to co-ordinate and change acupuncturist appts to fit in with my FC appts.

If we are unsuccessful this cycle, I will definately look into it further.

Kaz, the acupuncturist you told me about has changed clinics apparently and is now in Thirroul somewhere?? Have you heard this? Of the 5 or so that I spoke to, the only one I got a good 'feeling' about was a lady in Bulli, but she was going on holiday the week my EPU was initially booked in for, so I didn't book with anyone else.

Yes I had three ultrasounds and blood tests up there, but that was only because I was not responding as well as they had anticipated. I think I could have had them done in wollongong, but I wanted the nurses to actually SEE my follies, not read a report on them.

I don't think three ultrasounds is overly common? How many has everyone else had???

Hi to everyone else!!! Hope you all have had a lovely weekend!

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi all how u doing

goodluck to kate and rose

kate-no 3 u/s arnt uncommon
    when i was doing iui and i was responding poorley i had 2 or 3 ultrasounds

ty for all your help

yes with the accupunturist, i just found out also a couple of weeks ago she had moved
    not happy about it, as i didnt know anything about it and have been going to her for a year

so not sure whthere to stay with her or go to someone else
    ive had a few recomendations for a few other natropaths if u like their names
    one is in portkembla

anyway goodluck to u all
    kaz

Thanks
    Reviews
    Last crinone was last night but my BT isn't until friday has any1 else had to wait a week longer?
    that makes it a 3WW I'm so worried about it as I have had a few days of signs it hasn't worked but my AF hasn't started so maybe there's still hope
    At least we have 5 frosties if we need them
    Good Luck to u all hope to see more BFP's it gives me more faith in it working 4 us 2

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hopefully-yes they wait for it longer at WFC to make sure AF isnt coming & they get a higher HCG level.Its normally 18dpo for a 2day transfer or was 14dpo for a 5day transfer. I went for mine earlier through my GP as i knew i was pregnant plus we werent flying back down for the BT. GL with your results.

for all the other ladies cycles waiting to start or have started... i keep checking in for results on you all. Best of luck for quick outcomes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    PJ1M - I just saw 9egg,9 Fert,9 Blasts in your sig! PLEASE share your secret!!!

What a FABULOUS result!