Closed Thread
Page 131 of 141 FirstFirst ... 3181121129130131132133 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,310 of 1401
  1. #1301
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    67
    Thanks
    55
    Thanked
    8
    Reviews
    0
    Hi ladies, thx for the info.
    If this one doesn't take I want to change too. I was with Dr Lok from Genea.....don't like him at all. No information & he seemed like he was annoyed I was going to WFC. He made me really upset. I was told either Dr Smith or Dr Fong are great choices. I'm on limited time due to my age so I hope I can keep going

  2. #1302
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Lalor Park, NSW
    Posts
    368
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked
    96
    Reviews
    0
    Hi everyone. Appt Went well, I will start my next cycle in about 6 weeks. Gotta loose about 5 kilos before we start. She even wrote on all my forms if I'm not down to that weight their not allowed to start my cycle. Rachel has taken her max BMI down to 30 for new patients. I'm sitting at 33 so need to shed some kilos. She also put me back on metformin so hope that will help with the weight loss she was very very happy that we got an A grade embie but was a bit worried about why it didn't stick so some more blood tests as well. Thanks for all your support ladies. Xx it is greatly appreciated.

  3. #1303
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Greystanes
    Posts
    362
    Thanks
    84
    Thanked
    126
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharlein123 View Post
    Hi ladies, thx for the info.
    If this one doesn't take I want to change too. I was with Dr Lok from Genea.....don't like him at all. No information & he seemed like he was annoyed I was going to WFC. He made me really upset. I was told either Dr Smith or Dr Fong are great choices. I'm on limited time due to my age so I hope I can keep going
    I have been with Dr Fong since joing WFC - she is lovely. Personally i'm just ready for a change and another opinion.

    Time isn't on my side either Sharlein which was one of my reasons for the change.

    How far past transfer are you?

  4. #1304
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Western Sydney
    Posts
    1,688
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    489
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JemJems View Post
    Hi everyone. Appt Went well, I will start my next cycle in about 6 weeks. Gotta loose about 5 kilos before we start. She even wrote on all my forms if I'm not down to that weight their not allowed to start my cycle. Rachel has taken her max BMI down to 30 for new patients. I'm sitting at 33 so need to shed some kilos. She also put me back on metformin so hope that will help with the weight loss she was very very happy that we got an A grade embie but was a bit worried about why it didn't stick so some more blood tests as well. Thanks for all your support ladies. Xx it is greatly appreciated.
    Jems - Yipes. My BMI is also 33, I hope all the docs don't start getting super fussy. I keep putting on MORE weight from the IVF cycles, it's a never-ending cycle!

    Sharlein - When are you planning on testing - will you go earlier? I can never hold out as long as they want me to. I've always been a chronic early POAS-er.

    We need some BFPs in here!!

  5. #1305
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Lalor Park, NSW
    Posts
    368
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked
    96
    Reviews
    0
    Mrsjag- Rachel has always been big on getting weight down. Hers was 32 but she let me sneak in. Now she's lowered it!! Gah!! I go up and down every cycle. Sooo annoying but I've gotta be extra super dooper good and work hard for the next 6 weeks.

  6. #1306
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Western Sydney
    Posts
    1,688
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    489
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JemJems View Post
    Mrsjag- Rachel has always been big on getting weight down. Hers was 32 but she let me sneak in. Now she's lowered it!! Gah!! I go up and down every cycle. Sooo annoying but I've gotta be extra super dooper good and work hard for the next 6 weeks.
    Best of luck! I've been trying to teach Spencer (our retriever pup) to walk on a lead. It's hard work, but once he learns, he'll hopefully join me in nightly walks! That should help.

    I'm already in bed. This cold is kicking my butt and I can't afford to take any more days off work.

  7. #1307
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Somewhere fun
    Posts
    610
    Thanks
    118
    Thanked
    138
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Jems & MrsJag - my BMI is 33 too!! I have put on 8 kilos since I started doing IVF (and 5kg before that just after I got married.....oops). I keep saying I need to pull my finger about, especially between cycles but winter is sooooooo hard!! My problem is portion size and not wanting to go out in the dark and cold in winter (I leave for work early and get home late). I am not looking forward to getting on the scales at EPU

    Is being overweight meant to stop IVF working? Is that why they are putting the BMI down do you think?
    Last edited by Lillystar; 08-08-2012 at 20:17.

  8. #1308
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked
    0
    Reviews
    0
    Hi all, I am new here and came across this site when I search for westmead IVF. Me and my partner is planning to give IVF a go and apparently westmead would be the cheapest option for us in Sydney.

    Can you guys recommend any doctors there to see? As there are quite a few to choose from, we have no idea where to start.

    Also are their wait time really long?

    Many thanks guys and I feel great to join the community!

  9. #1309
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    67
    Thanks
    55
    Thanked
    8
    Reviews
    0
    Jeannie- I'm exactly 7 days past transfer so I'm due to test next Wednesday.....:what:

    Mrs jag- I'm too scared to test....I don't want any bad news earlier than I have too. When are u going to test? How are u feeling?

  10. #1310
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Lalor Park, NSW
    Posts
    368
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked
    96
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillystar View Post
    Jems & MrsJag - my BMI is 33 too!! I have put on 8 kilos since I started doing IVF (and 5kg before that just after I got married.....oops). I keep saying I need to pull my finger about, especially between cycles but winter is sooooooo hard!! My problem is portion size and not wanting to go out in the dark and cold in winter (I leave for work early and get home late). I am not looking forward to getting on the scales at EPU

    Is being overweight meant to stop IVF working? Is that why they are putting the BMI down do you think?
    They say Being over weight impacts fertility in general. So losing weight will only up our chances according to rachel.

    Sharlien - stay strong.. Try and stay away from those sticks.


 

Similar Threads

  1. Anyone going to WFC (Westmead) #2
    By JemJems in forum IVF
    Replies: 760
    Last Post: 23-04-2013, 07:27
  2. Westmead Public
    By BarefootedMumma in forum Seeking a Maternity Hospital
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 15-09-2012, 19:49
  3. MOS ivf westmead
    By mrshoto in forum IVF
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 15-03-2012, 10:48

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Riverton Leisureplex
An Extreme Family Pass at Riverton Leisureplex is the ultimate way to cool off during the summer school holidays. The $30 Pass allows pool and waterslide access for 2 adults and 2 children, as well as a drink, popcorn and an icy pole for each person.
sales & new stuffsee all
The Health Hub
Give a new mum a fitness boost for Christmas & New Year. Studio-based, small group training sessions - cardio, strength, core, Pilates & boxing. Choice of 16 hrs per week, flexible-arrival feature - bubs & kids welcome! Gift vouchers available.
featured supporter
Mini Maestros
Nurturing Confident Learners. Mini Maestros offers music classes for children 6 months to 5 years of age. It is the longest running and most successful Australian business of its kind.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!