Closed Thread
Page 131 of 141 FirstFirst ... 3181121129130131132133 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,310 of 1401
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, thx for the info.
    If this one doesn't take I want to change too. I was with Dr Lok from Genea.....don't like him at all. No information & he seemed like he was annoyed I was going to WFC. He made me really upset. I was told either Dr Smith or Dr Fong are great choices. I'm on limited time due to my age so I hope I can keep going

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone. Appt Went well, I will start my next cycle in about 6 weeks. Gotta loose about 5 kilos before we start. She even wrote on all my forms if I'm not down to that weight their not allowed to start my cycle. Rachel has taken her max BMI down to 30 for new patients. I'm sitting at 33 so need to shed some kilos. She also put me back on metformin so hope that will help with the weight loss she was very very happy that we got an A grade embie but was a bit worried about why it didn't stick so some more blood tests as well. Thanks for all your support ladies. Xx it is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharlein123 View Post
    Hi ladies, thx for the info.
    If this one doesn't take I want to change too. I was with Dr Lok from Genea.....don't like him at all. No information & he seemed like he was annoyed I was going to WFC. He made me really upset. I was told either Dr Smith or Dr Fong are great choices. I'm on limited time due to my age so I hope I can keep going
    I have been with Dr Fong since joing WFC - she is lovely. Personally i'm just ready for a change and another opinion.

Time isn't on my side either Sharlein which was one of my reasons for the change.

How far past transfer are you?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JemJems View Post
    Hi everyone. Appt Went well, I will start my next cycle in about 6 weeks. Gotta loose about 5 kilos before we start. She even wrote on all my forms if I'm not down to that weight their not allowed to start my cycle. Rachel has taken her max BMI down to 30 for new patients. I'm sitting at 33 so need to shed some kilos. She also put me back on metformin so hope that will help with the weight loss she was very very happy that we got an A grade embie but was a bit worried about why it didn't stick so some more blood tests as well. Thanks for all your support ladies. Xx it is greatly appreciated.
    Jems - Yipes. My BMI is also 33, I hope all the docs don't start getting super fussy. I keep putting on MORE weight from the IVF cycles, it's a never-ending cycle!

Sharlein - When are you planning on testing - will you go earlier? I can never hold out as long as they want me to. I've always been a chronic early POAS-er.

We need some BFPs in here!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mrsjag- Rachel has always been big on getting weight down. Hers was 32 but she let me sneak in. Now she's lowered it!! Gah!! I go up and down every cycle. Sooo annoying but I've gotta be extra super dooper good and work hard for the next 6 weeks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by JemJems View Post
    Mrsjag- Rachel has always been big on getting weight down. Hers was 32 but she let me sneak in. Now she's lowered it!! Gah!! I go up and down every cycle. Sooo annoying but I've gotta be extra super dooper good and work hard for the next 6 weeks.
    Best of luck! I've been trying to teach Spencer (our retriever pup) to walk on a lead. It's hard work, but once he learns, he'll hopefully join me in nightly walks! That should help.

I'm already in bed. This cold is kicking my butt and I can't afford to take any more days off work.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jems & MrsJag - my BMI is 33 too!! I have put on 8 kilos since I started doing IVF (and 5kg before that just after I got married.....oops). I keep saying I need to pull my finger about, especially between cycles but winter is sooooooo hard!! My problem is portion size and not wanting to go out in the dark and cold in winter (I leave for work early and get home late). I am not looking forward to getting on the scales at EPU

Is being overweight meant to stop IVF working? Is that why they are putting the BMI down do you think?
    Last edited by Lillystar; 08-08-2012 at 20:17.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all, I am new here and came across this site when I search for westmead IVF. Me and my partner is planning to give IVF a go and apparently westmead would be the cheapest option for us in Sydney.

Can you guys recommend any doctors there to see? As there are quite a few to choose from, we have no idea where to start.

Also are their wait time really long?

Many thanks guys and I feel great to join the community!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jeannie- I'm exactly 7 days past transfer so I'm due to test next Wednesday.....:what:

Mrs jag- I'm too scared to test....I don't want any bad news earlier than I have too. When are u going to test? How are u feeling?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillystar View Post
    Jems & MrsJag - my BMI is 33 too!! I have put on 8 kilos since I started doing IVF (and 5kg before that just after I got married.....oops). I keep saying I need to pull my finger about, especially between cycles but winter is sooooooo hard!! My problem is portion size and not wanting to go out in the dark and cold in winter (I leave for work early and get home late). I am not looking forward to getting on the scales at EPU

Is being overweight meant to stop IVF working? Is that why they are putting the BMI down do you think?
    They say Being over weight impacts fertility in general. So losing weight will only up our chances according to rachel.

Sharlien - stay strong.. Try and stay away from those sticks.