Closed Thread
Page 13 of 141 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    lilbirdy- Non guided ultrasound is done "blind" where FS transfer back the embie according to where they think is the right place in the uterine cavity.

So the success rate is less compare to a guided ultrasound.

Here is the link
    http://www.advancedfertility.com/embryotransfer.htm

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by cannotgiveup View Post
    lilbirdy- Non guided ultrasound is done "blind" where FS transfer back the embie according to where they think is the right place in the uterine cavity.

So the success rate is less compare to a guided ultrasound.

Here is the link
    http://www.advancedfertility.com/embryotransfer.htm
    Hmm, so should they have an vaginal ultrasound 'in' at the same time as the catheter ? I can't remember now, but I think she seemed to have a screen, we were looking at the tv monitor on the wall to see the embie.
    I am concerned that she didn't place it in the right 'spot' particularly as I have a narrow cervix which may make it more challenging.

My FS didn't do the ET, but this time she has noted on my file that she wants to do it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Dr Smith did my transfer too they used ultrasound but not dildo cam they do the normal ultrasound

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kate S View Post
    Hey Kaz, I go to Southern Pathology on Denison Street for my tests. I haven't had my bill yet, but the way I see it, it costs $30 in petrol $15 in tolls, then we buy breakfast/lunch which might be $20... so to be able to get it done locally might cost more, but when you take out that, PLUS the 4-odd hours of travelling time, its well worth it.

Once you pay your $1450/$5055, you don't pay anything else to the clinic.

I had my EPU yesterday (wondering if any of you girls were in there with me???) and go back tomorrow for transfer.

I got 11 eggs and 5 have fertilised, so fingers crossed we get a couple to freeze.
    Hi KAte I was there yesterday! I was the first one in at 8am...I think I have memory loss, I was talking toa few lovely girls but cant remember names. My name's elizabeth. I'm sure i'll see you there for transfer tomorrow! Mine is at 12:30. how are you feeling after egg pick up?

Also, re the guided ultrasound, can we request it? My first transfer was unguided and very rushed I dont want to have the same experience again!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by cannotgiveup View Post
    Everyone!

Sandramm1- Did you have a guided ultrasound done?

Anglemichelle- This is the first time I have a non guided ultrasound ET. I thought Dr M was in a rush as there were a few people waiting to get their transfer done on the day.

Hopefully- Good luck hun! I hope this is the cycle for you. What day embryo did you get put back?
    I too had that feeling. My cramping started on the day after ET. I had a day 2 embryo put back.

Anyone else have a non guided ultrasound?
    I had a non guided ET last week & the only thing i've been able to think about since then is if Dr G put it in the right/best place????
    I wasn't happy about it & I found it made me stress

Thanks
    Reviews
    1 week on from ET not feeling anything I have had AF pain but that's it so i;m not sure if that is a good or bad thing? This is our 1st go at ICSI/IVF so being new at it all doesn't help but at least the nurses at WFC are always happy to answer my q's no matter what.
    I just so stessed out about the transfer because she didn't use a US guide I think it's wrong to play guessing games with something so important to all of us.
    Does anyone have any advice or feel the same way

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi hopefully
    At the time, I didn't worry about the ET too much but now I'm wondering whether it went well or not (I got a BFN).

However I think that if the embie is going to stick, it will make an 'effort' to stick. If you imagine, in nature, it travels down the tube and arrives in the uterus, I don't think it automatically is 'placed' in the uterine wall, it finds its way there. So the same would happen with IVF. It might not be placed in exactly the spot it snuggles but if it is strong enough to survive, it will be strong enough to snuggle.

That is my not-very-scientific way of thinking of it anyway.

Dr G is my FS and she is very experienced. I was more worried about Dr F doing mine as she is less experienced and when I told Dr G that Dr F had a little bit of trouble with my narrow cervix, I got the impression she thought the ET wasn't as good as it could have been, so Dr G insisting on doing my next one.

Anyway, just to try to relax in the 2ww, one week is still early days. Lots of luck to you for a BFP.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hopefully-hang in there lovely,My BFP cycle was done without the ultrasound & i was kinda worried like you cause my first transfer was done by ultrasound ,even though it was a BFN but exactly like lilbirdy said all there doing is placing the embryo into the uterus & its up to it to find where it wants to stick.They dont actually put it anywhere in particular its all upto emby to survive & keep powering along & attach to a wall.Hence why some find there way back up into the fallopian tube & attach up there.
    Plenty of ladies have had NO symptoms & still got a BFP when they swear AF was coming... time will tell stay positive for the little one

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi all

crossing finger for u all

its all exciting
    i cant wait to start mine, but am abit worried about all the money etc

if you dont mind me asking how do u all pay for it

for us, we going to put most of ours on credit cards and pay it off as quickly as we can
    sorry for asking how u pay for it.

kate-goodluck fingers crossed
    i think i went to southern pathology when i was doing my iui down here with dr james

and with all these tests u can claim them back at tax time too
    goodluck

also with the transfere, do u have to go back up to westmead for that

so u go up to westmead, for the drugs and the transfere and thats it
    and have the bloodtests and ultrasounds down here?
    if so where do u get the ultrasounds done down here in town/wollongong?

hopefully-crossing fingers for u

goodluck to u all
    will come back to check in

take care
    kaz

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Kaz- we saved money before trying for our 1st round. Then when we got rebate from medicare that was put in savings account to continue to save for any subsequent rounds.
    You go to Westmead for nurse interview (only 1st cycle) they show you how to use spray; Then back to pay and pick up drugs and show you how to inject (only 1st cycle); Then you go back for BT and ultrasound to check on growing follies (If far away I assume you do this at a centre close to you and fax results to clinic); Then you go to Westmead dental centre for EPU; Then back to fertility centre for transfer. Then back again 2-3 weeks laster for BT to confirm pregnancy.