Results 1,191 to 1,200 of 1401
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck for EPU tomorrow ladies! Fx xx

2. The Following User Says Thank You to jeannie1 For This Useful Post:

Sharlein123  (29-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just a quickie to say good luck for EPU tomorrow ladies!! So awesome that you will be there together.

I am still so stressed and feel sick to my stomach about making this decision re: work tomorrow. DH is being no help at all and that is p!ssing me off more.

Kylee : my love and hugs are going your way my darling. Xxxx

4. The Following User Says Thank You to JemJems For This Useful Post:

Sharlein123  (29-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Kylee - oh lovely I am so so sorry That really, really sucks. I was so hoping that this was finally your month. You have been through so much. Life is just not fair sometimes. Look after yourself hun xx

Mumtochris
    - how are you going? Hanging in there? Not long to go now.

Jeannie - YAY for being PUPO That little embie is in the best place now and I'm sure will do everything is can for you. Hopefully the TWW goes quickly for you.

To all the ladies doing EPU today. Hope it is going smoothly and you all get lots of eggies. Make sure you let us all know how you go.

Big hello to everyone else

AFM - just sniffing away. Start jabbing on Wednesday so it will be good to get through to another stage.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Lillystar For This Useful Post:

AceOfBase  (30-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Was good to see Sharlein & Lyn today - hopefully they're recovering well now.

Dr. Tong was pretty good today! I still didn't fully relax, but it was a LOT less painful this time around. Unfortunately, they only got 3 eggs.

I was feeling ok (since 3 out of the 4 wasn't too bad) but then we had bad news from hubby. His first sample didn't have enough motile swimmers, so he was asked back for a SECOND sample. We had to wait about an hour to see a scientist (apparently they have meetings on Monday?) and she was a bit flippant with us, which led me to burst into tears in the exam room.

Basically, the sperm were so bad, even in the second cycle, that we have now been swapped from IVF to ICSI. Knowing that not every egg is mature, we're looking at 1-2 fertilising IF we're lucky.. so no frosties again, and no 5-day transfer (unless the gods deem us lucky and have 3 from 3 fertilise - not likely).

She then said something about 'oh, next time I'm sure you'll get 20 eggs!' and I just lost it. I'm so tired of this whole 'next time around' thing. It sucks. I don't WANT there to be a next time around. I want eggs to play with, not to stress out about for the next 24 hours to see if we have ANY left at all. I want to get to blast @ day 5, but the reality is looking like a 3-day again, if we get there.

Sorry for the blah news, but I'm just disappointed. Aren't the IVF rounds supposed to get BETTER as you go on, not worse?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quick update: The fertility centre just rang, and said hubby's second sample was much better after it was washed, so they're reverting back to regular old IVF. Now the wait is on to see how they go tomorrow.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mrsjag – fantastic that you got 3 eggs, great to hear it was less painful for you than last time and you even got to meet up with Sharlein & Lyn too. But then I went on to read about you being sad about hubby’s sperm sample and having to do ICSI, that happened on our first cycle. How insensitive for the FN (or was it the scientist or Dr Tong?) to tell you about next time around, how about being positive and see how this one goes. I don’t want there to be a next time for you too, so devastating. For me, IVF rounds did get worse until DH and I started taking extra supplements and then they started to pick up again. So great that hubby’s second sample was better and you can do IVF again, good luck with the fertilisation rates. Also, I don’t think day 5 ETs are all they’re cracked up to be. I’ve read so many ladies getting their BFPs from 2 or 3 day ETs, so you just never know. Can’t wait to hear how they go overnight

Sharlein & Lynlee – hope you both are doing well, looking forward to hearing how your days went

Andrea – sorry to hear your body is giving you a hard time and not ovulating, hope she behaves herself soon, at least there is the provera to save the day

Jeannie – yayyy, so happy that you’re PUPO, even though you’re feeling gutted about your other embies, did they give you any feedback as to why? Well, as we’ve all said on this thread, it only takes one, let’s just hope this is your lucky sticky one

Miffy – good luck with your upcoming FET

Jems – so hun, what did you decide to do with the new job, did you accept?

Lilly – I am just hanging in there, if AF can stay away I’m going to POAS on Wednesday morning. So great that you’ll be starting jabbing on Wednesday, one step closer for you

Kylee – thinking of you, wish I could make things better somehow

Hope everyone else is doing well

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AceOfBase For This Useful Post:

jeannie1  (30-07-2012),Lillystar  (31-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mrsj and sharlein was lovely to meet you both, and sharlein was nice waiting for so looooong with you too!! Gosh it was a long day.

Mrsj sorry to hear the bad results with your hubbys sample, but so glad the second one was better!! fingers crossed all 3 fertilise... the scientist we met with afterwards i found to be a bit strange too.... i wonder if it was the same... she said we would either get a day 2 or day 5 transfer, so I asked what happens if we have enough to aim for day 5, but they start performing badly and they wont make it to day 5... she really made me feel like we would miss out if that was the case... I suppose we just have to see...

AFM, I was very fortunate and managed to get 13 eggs... Im dying to know tomorrow how many fertilise... I felt fantastic after my procedure... until a couple hours later and up till now and I feel SOOOO sick and a bit of pain.. pain isnt too bad, but the feeling sick is terrible...

Mrsj i also didnt fully fall asleep, it took a while for me to feel it at all, and then it only relaxed me, i was awake the whole time and felt them taking the eggs, but I think I was half sedated to the pain wasnt too bad... although its all a bit hazy so at least it worked a little... laying on the table waiting for it all to happen is the most nervous i have even been...

well let me know how it goes for both mrsj and sharleen tomorrow... ill be crossing our fingers...

hi to everyone else im sorry Ill have to make some time in the next day or 2 to go through and get up to speed with all your journeys...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lyn - 13 is incredible!!! Congratulations. Sorry to hear you're in pain now. Make sure you take Panadol as you need them. I'm a bit sore tonight too. Resting in bed and trying not to worry.

MTC - It was the scientist who was really blase - I've never seen her before, she was different to last time. Really rushed us through, and I am sure she was trying to comfort me (since I was a blubbering mess) and all that... but it's basically led me to believe that this cycle is a write-off. It's hard to take!

Thanks
    Reviews
    So I just got the BEST birthday message text ever. (I've been freaking out all night!)

'Good news! 3 eggs have fertilised normally. Transfer 4/8/12 at the clinic. See you then!'

3/3!!! OMG!!! I'm ridiculously chuffed. It looks like they're going for a 5-day transfer, which also makes me a bit nervous in case they stop growing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsjaguar View Post
    So I just got the BEST birthday message text ever. (I've been freaking out all night!)

'Good news! 3 eggs have fertilised normally. Transfer 4/8/12 at the clinic. See you then!'

3/3!!! OMG!!! I'm ridiculously chuffed. It looks like they're going for a 5-day transfer, which also makes me a bit nervous in case they stop growing.
    CONGRATULATIONS Mrs JAG!!!!!!!!! That is GREAT NEWS!!!

And HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!! xxx