Closed Thread
Page 10 of 141 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lilbirdy View Post
    I also had forgotten about the possibility of missing out on a 'group', has this actually happened to you ? I know they are super busy at WFC, the lovely nurse Chris booked me in for my first cycle so I was a 'definite' - although AF nearly failed me and arrived at 2pm on the Sunday at the END of the week I was booked in - so I got in by the skin of my teeth.
    I missed out on my first cycle, and got pre-booked into the following.

YAY for the rebate! Can't wait til we get ours back!

I had an appt this morning and am now sniffing AND jabbing! The needle did not hurt even one tiny bit, but I did psych myself out a little bit, and it took me a couple of mins to actually get the nerve to do the jab! Once it was in it was fine!

Less than 2 weeks now til pick-up/transfer!!! I can't wait!

Thanks
    Reviews
    hey all

yay for the rebate thats a great return

kate-when u went back again to start the needles did u also have to pay for that appointment

regarding tests- we also had the bloodtests and u/s done by our previous fs
    so thats all good

we waiting to get our tax done to see if we get some back andhow much to know if we can start e arlier or not
    just cause we got alot of bills etc to pay at the moment
    can i ask for those who travel up to westmead and have a e tag
    how much does a e tag cost

ty all for your help and advice
    goodluck to u all
    kaz

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kaz we have an E-Pass or something. Its a 30 day pass and it only costs $1 or there abouts. Hopefully we wont need to do loads of trips, so it wasn't worth us getting a tag.

We paid our $5055 on Wednesday. It was the first time we paid anything to the clinic. I think if you get your synarel from them they ask you to pay at your first appt, otherwise you pay at the second.

I called the clinic (via the hospital switch) in a bit of a panic the other night because I left my puregon pen out of the fridge accidently and had a bit of a freak out that I may have spoiled the medication. I got Dr Melham and she was absolutely wonderful. Very reassuring and supportive, and just sounded like a lovely lady.

I am so impressed with the clinic and all the staff. I was a bit concerned that because their price is SO SO cheap that there would have to be a downside, and I can honestly say I have not had a single bad experience. Lets just hope all this positivity translates to a BFP for me!!!

Hi to all - hope you have a fantastic weekend!

Thanks
    Reviews
    kaz, I would suggest you ring Dr Gayer's office to check about the tests (it's Dr G right ?) Just to be sure. I had some done with an FS about 4 months earlier but she still sent ours out to get them again. You should be fine but just worth checking.

Also, just as an fyi, I paid my money when I went to collect my drug stash (second appt, the first appt you have is a nurses iv). If Dr G is okay working with your tests from the previous FS, I reckon it's worth ringing the clinic itself and just booking yourself in for your nurses i/v asap after your appt with Dr G. AF ended up arriving for me on the day of my appt with Dr G, but because I hadn't had my initial i/v with the nurses, I missed out that month. Not much I could do about it -- but good info to be armed with.

Kate, a friend of mine has Dr Melham as her gyn. She told me Dr Mel held her hand while she went under for a D&C and gives her hugs etc when she sees her. She sounds wonderful.

Well ladies unfortunately I am out this month, AF arrived last month so it's a BFN, our one little embie didn't stick. One of the nurses just called me back and she was so lovely, she made me tear up again with her sympathy. I love them there. She also confirmed that they won't do back to back stim cycles, and I need to see the doc before confirming my next cycle's protocol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    hey all

what do u mean
    after your first appt with dr g
    do u have to ring someone else then to make another appt with?

i dont quiet understand sorry

kate-ty for that info and goodluck hopefully it will work first go

yeah 5 grand is cheap, i was thinking the same thing
    but is so much affordable then other places
    and whats the snyral? can u get the drugs from somewhere else

ps-kate where abouts in wollongong are u???????
    when i first rang up to make a appt with dr g i said i had tests with my other fs and they said to bring them in
    i just have to find them lol

goodluck to u all
    any of u on facebook?
    iam under karen young if u want to add me, ive got the same pic as i do on here on my profile.

did u all hear jackie o is pregant after having ivf on first go

kaz
    Last edited by kazandsteve; 17-07-2010 at 22:21.

Thanks
    Reviews
    After you see Dr G, you then go to the clinic (the clinic is where the scientests and nurses are located - in a separate location, clinic is at Westmead Hospital, Dr G is up on Hawkesbury Rd). Dr G sets your treatment, clinic runs you through all the whys and wherefores.

Sounds like she is fine with your tests from other FS, that's great.

Sound like Jackie O got lucky !

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lilbirdy - Hugs to you lovely. I am so sorry this wasn't your month. This process can be so cruel. You are in my thoughts xoxoxo

Kaz, from memory I had my appt with Dr F (she was happy to use the tests we'd had done with Dr J at SIVFI), then she told me to call the clinic on my first day of my next cycle. I did that, but they were booked out for that week. They pre-booked me for my next cycle and I went on the Pill, then CD1 of my next cycle I called back to confirm that booking. I then was on the pill for another cycle, then called back CD1 again, which is when they made the appt for us to go and have our nurses interview.

When we met with the nurse (who was lovely also!) she just went through the process and cycles etc but TBH I was aware of a lot of it already from my previous FS appts and from being a member of a couple of forums similar to this one. It was just really good to have everything confirmed and they set out the timeline for you. Our nurse was also really good at managing our expectations without being overly positive or negative.

At that appt she also showed me how to use the Synarel, which is the nose spray to switch off your ovaries. I live in Horsley and got it from the Chemist across from the Leagues Club in Dapto for $97 I think. The Clinic can supply it, but its a bit more expensive, and you need to pay on that first appt.

We then had a second appt 8 days later which was last wednesday, and we made our payment then. I was taught to inject the puregon and the next stage of the process was explained. I'm now waiting til Tues til I can get my blood test, then on Friday I go back for my Ultrasound, then from there, I'll be told what day my pick up is - but it's likely to be Mon/Tues of the following week with transfer 2 days later.

Hope that was a little bit clearer! It can be so confusing and daunting! I must be honest though - time has absolutely FLOWN for us. I was really scared that having to wait an extra cycle would make it feel like an eternity, but it really hasn't.

I'm also SUPER happy that I haven't experienced any side effects from either the Synarel or the Puregon. I did get a bad headache the other day, but I can't blame that solely on the meds. I am also getting some pains in my abdo area, very much like the pain just prior to getting my period, but it's not overly painful and not something that I have been put out by, or complained about. I was dreading getting horrible side effects that had me confined to the house/lounge, but it's not been too bad at all really!

Hi to everyone! It's been a bit quiet in here of late! Hope everyone is happy and well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    hiya

kate-ty for that info
    iam from dapto area too
    and i know of the chemist u are talking about

what happens if you dont get periods or cycles though
    like i dont
    ive started to use vitex, which i started in june
    and i had a period in june but nothing this month

i hate how i dont get periods or cycles like everyone else

anyway i know the waiting is a killer i hate that i have to wait till oct
    but we going to see how much we get back from our tax when we get it done
    to pay off some of our bills that we have, and then we might be able to start sooner.

kate-just wanted to let u know too iam not sure if u are into clarivoince, but there is a good tarot reader and clairvoince at dapto markets if u like to try her
    i go to her when i need a lift and encouragement to keep on going

lilbirdy-sorry about this month

hi to everyone else

well iam at work at the moment, doing afternoon/nite shift
    iam a nurse at wollongong hospital
    but it still dosnt make doing all these tests etc easy lol

kaz

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Girls,

Lilbirdy - so sorry this wasn't your month It really sucks!!!

Kate S - my greatest fear at the moment is that I'll miss out a month, but it's good to know they will pre-book you for the next month. In the scheme of things, what's one more month? Oh wow, not long to EPU - very exciting! Here's hoping for a BFP very very soon.

Kazandsteve - have you phoned WFC for an info pack? There's info on the different drugs in there, and loads of other info. I have read my book so many times, I think it's going to fall apart, lol.

AFM - I have my next appointment with Dr F on Thursday, when AF is due, in the hopes of starting pill popping. The timeline Dr F gave me at my last appoinment says I should have the nurses interview at around CD16 or so when sniffing starts - is that right? Or do I need to have an interview before that? Ahhhhhh, the first go at IVF is SCARY! So many unknowns!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey ReeBee - TBH I've forgotten all the different CD's that I've done things, but the first appt with the nurses was when they taught me how to do sniff the synarel.

Kaz I haven't been down to the markets in a long time, and am a bit give and take on clairvoyance. Good to know theres a good one around though!

Hope everyone is going well!