Closed Thread
Page 57 of 58 FirstFirst ... 74755565758 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Wow mela u have been busy by the sounds of things! Glad ur over ur cold!!

AFM, seen GP today... got the results from NT scan, all is looking fantastic...and bubs had actually caught up 2 days!! So now im only 2 days behind my LMP date, not 4. Also means 14wks is on friday!! worked out i have also known for 10wks today!!

I got in trouble for not taking a urine sample (but he hadnt asked me!! or even given me a cup to use!!) He asked about exercise and i said i was so nervous ive done nothing, but i did get a gym membership info thing the other day for swimming and he thought that would be a fantastic idea. Didnt check for bubs heartbeat which kinda concerned me I thought i would have heard it by now??
    Then took my BP... Its up a lil bit from a month ago, he mentioned it was a lil on the upper of normal, but didnt request me to have it checked again at a later date, just said to see him in 4wks. He didnt appear concerned at the moment, but its got me worried!

And, i finally spilled the beans about bubby (have told ppl i see locally) and also changed my privacy on facebook to friends only and announced on there. (DPs ex stalks my FB page, and DP doesnt want his mum to know...long story...but made sure that they couldnt see the US pics or anything written...DPs mum is actually nicer to his ex than she is to him. Told him the hospital mixed it up at birth and gave her the afterbirth, not the baby - reffering to DP)

All friends n family are excited. Even taking my cousin (18yo) to my morph scan with me...shes mega excited and showing everyone the US photo on her phone...introducing me to all her friends as "And this is my cousin with the baby in her belly!!!!! The baby in my phone!!" lol apparently i dont have a name

Also a friend mentioned today, once i find out what im having - her mum will knit some things for me. Shes fantastic at knitting!! And is always doing baby stuff. she gets quite ill and spends alot of time in melbourne hospitals. Donates alot of it to the hospitals for them to sell for profits.....Saves me trying to knit something!! ive attempted to start 5 different things since finding out and have ended up pulling it all out after a couple hrs! lol

Thanks
    Reviews

Sorry I haven't been posting much lately.

Busy nesting away on my leave. Not really sleeping well at night and then just lazing around during the day. I've done a fair bit of cleaning, but then I am in pain afterwards.

Glad to read everyone is having a stressless time in there pregnancies and everything is coming along nicely.

I will try and come back tomorrow and do proper personals.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hello 22 weeks, good to see everyone is doing so well. It was my birthday yesterday and I was 38, for some reason I feel sad today for being so old. I'm obsessed with thinking I may be too old to have a second, but I know is not really true, as we want to start trying again as soon as I can, so I should still be 38 when the baby is six months. But how stupid of me not to just focus on this little one in my tummy. I just worry we won't be good enough for our boy if it's just three of us. It's just an obsessive thought I can't get out of my head. Is this the mood swings the pregnant women feel too?

Thanks
    Reviews
    em- Sounds like yo. Have been busy busy! How far along are you finishing work? I'm finishing up at 34 weeks so 5 weeks tomorrow til my last day! YAY!

Shadow- congrats on great results! Try not to worry bout everything from the ob- I don't think he first used a Doppler on me til like 15 weeks? I def recommend swimming though! I love it! I was the same and did nothing for the first 15 weeks!!

FF- yay for mat leave! At least you are using it to rest aswell!!!

Lucky- I'd put it down to hormones as well as just general worries! I don't worry bout age but more money- I want my second close but we're living in a unit at my parents!!

Afm- 28 weeks today!! Woohoooooo!! So excited! Nursery is finally coming along- walls are painted etc! Bubba is def growing and rolling! Haven't had a chance to put pics from the scan up yet! He's def finding his way around though- head was low which was good! Won't find out size etc til our growth scan at 34 weeks! Had my GTT and blood tests and anti-d yesterday! None of it was too bad! I survived!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey girls, me again.

Super I am 9 weeks away from finishing work. And just found out this morning that my replacement rang my boss to say she doesn't want the job?????? She has not let on to me at all about not liking it/not thinking it will work out/anything at all???? Now she is coming in later to collect her things and say goodbye to me - what the h*ll do I say to her? My boss wants me to work out why she doesn't want to work here but I don't know how I am going to do that! Oh !! Now we have to go through the whole rigmarole of choosing someone else (although he might do that internally which would be much easier) and training them and starting all over again. I really do not cope well with stress at the moment. Small things get me all worked up. All I want is to go to work, do my job and go home again at the minute and it never ever happens!

Oh bugger she is here so best I get going.

Bye girls, sorry for the me me me rant

Em
    xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Em!! That sucks so much but unfortunately sometimes ppl just change their mind!!

Inconvenient for you yes but it's just a ****e part of life!! tho as it still makes things stressful!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Super

She weas really nice actually says she doesn't hold anything against me or anyone here (I was hoping I wasn't a hormonal moron and upset her or something) but she thinks she might end up getting bored if she stayed?? I have never been bored but anyway! She came from a very corporate world and we are a very NON corporate work place so maybe that was it?

And my boss has decided he is going to promote my little receptionist and just hire a replacement for her so that saves me a lot of explaining/training already which is good. Okay then it is lunchtime and I have got nothing done so far so better get cracking!

Have a good day everyone,

Em

xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Glad it was nothing personal Em!!! And at least your boss has helped come up with a much simpler solution!!!!

sniper wolf is offline current proud SaHM to 2 humans of varying ages
    Thanks
    Reviews
    WOO-HOO! big scan this morning went well- got the all clear!!! everything looked great and normal- measuring on dates and in the 60th percentile, heartbeat of 153bpm. didn't find out the sex. god it was hard though- i had a bit of a turn lying on my back in the heated room, managed to calm down a bit though and get through it.

everyone gets their own colours today- its just one of those days!

Em- it's proabbly worked out better that they will promote an internal person- as you said less training etc- just think only 9 (that's single figures) more weeks to go!!!

superstar- yay for 3rd trimester!! what colour have you painted your nursery? have you gone with a theme?

luckyme- happy birthday for the other day. Keep in midn I am 39 and managed to get another one going so event hough it may be a bit of a rush, No. 2 is very feasible.

fireflies- how are you feeling? it's an ominous feeling to be so close but sometimes it still seems so far, I keep checking in here wondering if you are in labour or hatnot.

shadow- yay for good NT results- another milestone reached with flying colours! its nice ot have people knitting for you.

hi to everyone i have missed- that's as far as i can see back, hope everyone has a great weekend.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Woohoo Sniper! Congrats on a great scan! WOW half way!!! Bet ur excited. and omg U have some strength not finding out the sex!! Or was bubs just not cooperating??

Well DP and I went shopping yesterday (figured we could use a day out together and went on a bit of a road trip - last minuite decision) But didnt get much. I looked at change tables but i couldnt decide.......ive know what i REALLY want (but cant justify, $1000) its a nice set of drawers, where bub faces u to be changed, not side on, AND theres room next to the mat for wipes etc to be stored which some dont have.... So its left me undecided between a white wooden change table to match the cot, plus the caddy things u can get...or an all in 1 with the bath, even tho we have a cute fisher price aquarium bath with infant hammock thingy in it.

I also made dad happy...lol. he's a 1 eye'd Footscray supporter, and i found a set of footscray PJs in a size 0. I took them home and said... "look dad!! im willing to commit child abuse for u!" and pulled them out of the bag. He just laughed and assured me that bubs would be better off for it. lol DP got a few cute white jump suits with grey bears on them, and singlets.

Mela - jeez i hope they do promote someone internally for u. Save u some stress. But relax. I hope it all goes well. That 9weeks will FLY past!!

Fire - not long to go now! Do u have everything ready for bubby yet?