Closed Thread
Page 53 of 58 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Haha shadow- in terms of living arrangements we are much the same! I probably would have freaked out more if I thought we'd be on our own!! Like even though I'm determined to not rely on them it's nice to know they are there!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Truly blessed I'm so sorry that you're baby is in nicu, keeping my fingers crossed that it will all be ok and you get to take your beautiful baby home all healthy.
    AFM - 20 weeks 3 days today, big fat tummy, having to buy more maternity clothes soon. But trying not to spend too much. One question, I know it might be silly, but I can't help thinking about it. Do you think I'll be able to have another baby? I'll be 38 when this one is born, and it took two miscarriages to get here. But we fell pregnant quickly each time taking six weeks. What do you think?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hmmm thats a tough one lucky, Id personally say see how ur faring after this one? U can always try if u want another one and see how u go. My mum was 39 when she fell pg with my brother, 35 with me...and had been told at around 30 she wouldnt have any more children do to an eptopic...had 1 tube removed. lol.

Seeing that its oly taken 6wks each time, id say ur pretty lucky and probably still quite fertile, and cant see why u wouldnt be able to - especially if u were planning them quite closely? But maybe talk it over with ur doctor or OB? They would know a hell of a lot more than me

sniper wolf is offline current proud SaHM to 2 humans of varying ages
    Thanks
    Reviews
    trulyblessed- what a lovely name for your little girl. much in the way of good vibes being sent to her and you.

Em- how is the shadow going? driving you crazy yet?

shadowangel- yeah i definitely felt like that. AT one point there was this overwhelming fear and dread. I still get it a bit here and there when the baby doesnt move much. and I worry about being told bad news at the next scan. Looking forward to hearing your good news this coming tuesday.

superstar- how are you feeling? are yo in 3rd trimester now?

luckyme- I was 36 when I had DD and then started TTCing when i was 37 and it took a 2 chemical pregnancies and 1 m/c then then here I am. I was 39 when i got pregnant with this one. So it's possibly about starting to TTC as soon as you can (my doctor said wait a year after birth). The fact that you can seemingly get pregnant fairly easily should be some reassurance, i just wouldnt wait that long to try again though- if that's what you want to do (of course). Try to ignore all the negativity about older mums, it's a bit overwhelming- you don't need that sort of energy.

well i'm 18 weeks tomoz and have an ob appt next week on wed and then the big morph scan today fortnight -sept 24. Been a bit paranoid here and there as i can't feel the baby much (placenta at the back so no excuse). Seems i felt the baby move more earlier on. I do feel some swooshy movements here and there and so have to be satisfied with those for now. Hope everyone has a good weekend.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not quite in the third trimester yet! Is it 27 or 28 weeks? I'm 26 at the moment!! So exciting to think I'm almost there though! It has gone sooo quickly and I'll be finished work before I know it!! 7 weeks exactly til I finish up but only 28.5 more actual work days!!

Travelling ok... Tired still but sleeping ok! Just trying to exercise (swimming once a week and a big 5km walk once a week) and drink lots of water! Otherwise we are just cruising along nicely!!

Bug belly rubs to all!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi girls
    Just popping in to show you my new avatar

I can't remember if I posted all the details but baby J was born at 8pm on Saturday 28th August. Measurements: 3.23 kg/7 lb 2oz, 52 cm long, 33 cm head circ.

Long story short: I was having pre-labour contractions for over 24 hours before labour started 'for real' on Saturday morning after my waters broke after a vaginal exam and stretch & sweep. Got into hospy at about midday when my contractions were around 4 mins apart. Got into the shower for a while where hubby sprayed my back and front with hot water to help me through the contractions. Then the midwife brought me some gas to use, which helped a lot.

After a while I got fed up with being in the shower so I got out and continued with the gas. Things started to stall a bit, with the contractions staying at about 3 mins apart and not progressing past 5 cm dilation. The doc gave me a hormone drip to get things going, which made the contractions much stronger and the gas was not helping at that point. Had an epidural (wow, amazing stuff!) at about 5pm and everything moved a bit more quickly from there. The epi wore off just enough for me to be able to move more and feel when to push.

After about half an hour of pushing, our baby boy was born. His head was in a sort of sideways position, which is what had slowed things down, but my doc and midwife were amazing and helped me deliver without any tearing, just a small graze and one stitch.

Baby was put on my chest right away while I delivered the placenta and they cleaned me up. I got hubby to take his shirt off and have a little skin-to-skin cuddle as well and then baby was back to me for more cuddles and a first attempt at BFing.

He'll be 2 weeks old tomorrow, I can't believe it We're coping pretty well as he's pretty well-behaved but the sleep deprivation is a killer!!

Will keep an eye on you all, I can't wait to hear when more of our darling babies arrive in the world.

Love and good vibes, Bec
    Last edited by Electric Boogaloo; 13-09-2010 at 20:12.

sniper wolf is offline current proud SaHM to 2 humans of varying ages
    Thanks
    Reviews
    congratulations Bec- all sounds like it went very well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Bec,

Congratulations!!! sounds like it all went well. Brought tears to my eyes reading it... Glad u are both home safe and healthy. Very cute name too!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats Bec, loved reading your story!!!!!!! Glad your enjoying this beautiful time (minus the sleep deprivation) xxxxxxxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey girlies!

Sorry I have been AWOL been flat out busy and got a horrible cold and am feeling a bit yuck.

Bec - congrats darl! He is a little cutie Hope everything is going well for you, thanks for sharing your story.

Sniper - not long to your morph scan now . How are you feeling? Still in bed 9:30 at night? My replacement is really nice, just finding training a bit of a drag LOL. Going to be a long 3 months...

Sorry girls not going to post any longer I really do feel like poo. Going to head home as soon as I am able, just need to find enough stuff to keep my shadow occupied in the meantime.

Belly rubs everyone,

Em
    xxx