Closed Thread
Page 52 of 58 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I ended up going in for monitoring. Baby is fine having lots of bh while hooked up to the machine. I also have a urinary infection which could be irritating my uterus as well.

Thought I was fine today but have been soo sick. I stuck it out and stayed at work. I threw up twice, everything I've eaten today I can't keep down :-(

Hope I haven't caught anything. Worst part is the panadine forte the hospital gave me is it makes me soo drowsy and doesn't even help the pain :-(

I'm having a bad run at the moment.

Thanks
    Reviews
    wow mela! That'd be very stressful!! Good thing u found other alternatives. I guess im lucky??? Sort of... lol... im someone thats super impatient, impulsive and super organised! (Id have a 3 month school assignment done in the first week) I brought a BRAND NEW (not 2nd hand) Car...without even taking it for a test drive...I had my utilities etc organised to be connected 2 wks before I moved!

So, with that, when i was pg last time (I MC at 8wks from LMP)...lol I had...pram and basinette on layby, Id brought about 10 jump suits, 6 body suits, 2 newborn sets, 3 basinette sheet sets, bibs, booties, protectors, blankets, wraps, toys, rocker, bath.... lol THIS time ive only brought a monitor cus it was on sale, and a jumpsuit or 2. Our spare single bed is COVERED in baby stuff Im pretty well organised, have a cot just need a mattress, and looking at celebrating our NT Scan if it goes well by purchasing a change table. I like the ones on drawers too! But one that also stores the wipes etc ontop r hard to find! AND where we will put it, it probably wouldnt suit and i want to be able to have bubs feet towards me, while changing....so that makes it hard too, might have to settle for a 3 tier wooden one.

Fire - Braxton Hicks sound AWFUL!!! I hope ur ok *big hugs* They make my migrane feel insignificant! lol On the subject of pain... What pain killers are safe? I dealt 24hrs with a severe migrane, without pain killers, still have a super bad headache, but havent taken anything cus i didnt wanna take the wrong thing. I know to avoid asprin and iburophen... Does that mean Panadol (Paracetamol) is ok?

Congrats on 17 wks super!! Not long now till 1/2 way. Bet u cant wait Its all down hill from there... U Can start the countdown that sounds good! 20wks 1d down, 19wks 6d to go lol

Hope everyone else is doing well!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls!

Shadow I hope your headache is a bit better today? I know for certain that panadol is 100% safe and I have taken it during this pregnancy when I was having very bad headaches. I ended up going to the doctor and she said they were hormonal migraines caused by the pregnancy and put me on strange antihistamines that I took every night for a few weeks until they cleared up again. They were pretty bad at the time though.

You are one crazy organised woman ha ha you're almost giving me palpitations reading all the stuff you have bought etc! I was too scared to buy anything on the off chance things went wrong again, didn't want to jinx myself. Going to get myself started organising properly this weekend.

Fireflies - you are having a bad run at the moment darl. Hope you feel better soon. Have you stopped throwing up yet?

Sniper - 17 weeks already?! WHOO HOO halfway is nearly in sight

A big hello to everyone else, sorry no more personals today I just moved into my new office at work (bigger with two desks) because my replacement starts tomorrow and I will have a little shadow for the rest of my time working. Really not looking forward to it actually I think it is a bit of overkill! Anyway nothing I can do about it...

Take care everyone, Bec how is that little man of yours??

Em
    xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know not to go nuts again mela - trust me!lol I had to look at the stuff on the bed everytime i needed to go into the spare room, then when my bro and niece who had just announced she was preggers 2 wks after my MC were comming down and needed the bed, so had to move it all...then move it all back...So hard. It all tore me up and brought it back fresh memories of the MC, which is why this time i was even hesitant about the monitor but mum told me it was too good a sale to miss. ($80 off) I knew id need it one day again, well hoped...and hoped it wasnt too far off....(I was 8wks at the time i brought it and still cautious)

And now here we are, i worked it out today... 12wks since LMP Today!! but i know i O'd late, hence why im only 11.5wks atm. But still so close! Still getting symptoms, so trusting myself telling myself im ok. 1 more week till NT scan. Cant wait!

Thanx for the feedback on panadol, i THOUGHT id read it was ok but didnt wanna go taking it just incase. - actually i rarely take pain killers anyways. lol Used to roll around on the floor doubled up with AF pains instead of taking them - stupid i know. lol

OUCH @ replacement Mela!! That sux, but i guess mum had my replacement organised before i was pregnant! lol Its a good friend of hers though so i guess not so bad. I hope ur replacement is nice and the time flys by quickly. Maybe they acknowledge how much u actually do and figured it'd take someone new quite a while to click on?? Hence the extra time?

Bec? hope ur little man is doing well, starting to settle into a routine and letting u get some rest, cant wait to hear more about him.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi I stopped throwing up when I got home. I think the baby is determined to make my last week of work hell.

As far as I know normal panadol is fine after the first trimester. I remember taking panadol around 13-14weeks.

Feeling a lot better today and managing to keep food down. About to have lunch so will see how I go.

Will come back and do some personals later.

TrulyBlessed is offline Winner 2009 - Member you would most like to meet in Real Life
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls sorry I haven't been about.

Life has been hectic & I keep losing track of threads etc.

Things have been crazy since 15th of August as I got flown to Brissy due to complications with the pregnancy (bleeding & contractions).

Waters broke on the 18th of August (24+3) & infection ended up setting in. So I was induced on the 24th of August & ended up delivering my little girl "Olivia Paige" via emergency csect at 2.19pm.

She was born at 25weeks & 2 days weighing in at 754g, length 31.5cms & HC 22.5cms.

So my life has been NICU & rest & eat pretty much.

Boo - a huge congrats on your little man. Can't wait to see pics etc.

Congrats to those who've joined since I've been away & to everyone else.

Thanks
    Reviews
    OMG Trulyblessed, what an ordeal! I have my fingers crossed for you that everything continues to go well and baby Olivia gets on the up and up soon. I did see ur post yesterday but it made me cry, so ive left it for today to respond...I dont really know what else to say other than to offer my thoughts and best wishes for u, bubby and ur family. ........... And ugh @ these damn tears again!

hi everyone else! hope ur doing well! Must be some very excited mums-2-be out there with a few entering the 3rd trimester, and maternity leave fast approaching... Bet u girls cant wait!

Anyways... Just a quick question. If u guys can remember back to 12wks ish? Did u ever have a time where it felt that everything was surreal and u felt lost, detached and began doubting urself on whether u can do this or not? I know that kinda sounds like depression, but I am over the moon to be pregnant, and happy to be becomming a mum, just ive had a few thoughts over the last day or so that havent made sense?

I've thought ALL along: GIRL. DP and mum are sure too. But the other day at stupid-o-clock after a toilet break, i couldnt get back to sleep, then i had the strangest thought "What if its a boy, Maybe it is a boy, OMG im having a boy!" << So random! Then i could sleep...

And today, everything just seems so surreal, i was looking out over town and the ocean and it was so silent, it was like a photo - but i was in it, the only living thing?? Just a brief moment of that...
    Then, i think im just nervous and in disbelief that ive made it so close to 12wks (On sunday) that im starting to think that something isnt right with bubs? Oh well, Reassurance is just around the corner with the NT scan on Tuesday, but its just like this small niggly feeling that wont go away

..and for my final question.......... Is this normal?? lol!!

TrulyBlessed is offline Winner 2009 - Member you would most like to meet in Real Life
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowangel0205 View Post

Anyways... Just a quick question. If u guys can remember back to 12wks ish? Did u ever have a time where it felt that everything was surreal and u felt lost, detached and began doubting urself on whether u can do this or not? I know that kinda sounds like depression, but I am over the moon to be pregnant, and happy to be becomming a mum, just ive had a few thoughts over the last day or so that havent made sense?

I've thought ALL along: GIRL. DP and mum are sure too. But the other day at stupid-o-clock after a toilet break, i couldnt get back to sleep, then i had the strangest thought "What if its a boy, Maybe it is a boy, OMG im having a boy!" << So random! Then i could sleep...

And today, everything just seems so surreal, i was looking out over town and the ocean and it was so silent, it was like a photo - but i was in it, the only living thing?? Just a brief moment of that...
    Then, i think im just nervous and in disbelief that ive made it so close to 12wks (On sunday) that im starting to think that something isnt right with bubs? Oh well, Reassurance is just around the corner with the NT scan on Tuesday, but its just like this small niggly feeling that wont go away

..and for my final question.......... Is this normal?? lol!!
    That was me the entire time of Olivia's pregnancy & honestly cause of how things are it still feels surreal. I guess it will change when we go home.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Shadow- I do remember having that feeling. It wasn't doubting about bubs health (that was just a constant thought I learnt to live with) but I did have moments where I thought 'am I even ready for this?' 'is dp going to be ready' 'can we do this' 'what about our lives? They're going to change too much'! So yeah they are fleeting thoughts but they definitely got me down for a period! I think once you hit 12 weeks you actually start to look to the future and the realistic idea that you're going to have a baby!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    ugh! great! lol Im pretty sure i can handle a baby - we live with my parents (in a detached bungalo granny flat thing) who will help us, DP has other children, and im a childcare worker normally, so im used to screaming unsettled children lol

Thanx tho for the reassurance that im not going insane!!