Closed Thread
Page 49 of 58 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Morning ladies!

Just a quick one from me before I get working and try get all the invoicing done for end of month. Hope that you all had a fantastic weekend.

Lukyme - a big congrats on the BLUE news! Good to hear your little man is healthy and well.

KimInMellie - welcome to the thread! This is a good place to be, I know what you mean about your due date thread seeming to rock along all excited when you still have so many fears and worries to deal with, I felt the same and the girls on here are real lifesavers always here to listen when you need to vent. Big for your losses and the hard road you have had to travel up until now with IVF, I know it is no picnic. Also congrats on this current pregnancy! I wish you all the best and that it is a super sticky healthy little bub. I am lucky in that I don't need IVF to conceive but my DH and I suffered two missed m/c with both resulting in a D&C because I could not pass them naturally. As you will see from my signature I am now 23 (well 24 tomorrow!) weeks along with my third pregnancy and everything is perfect this time around, our little princess is growing well in there and kicking me to prove it! Fantastic that you saw a HB and sac etc at 6 weeks 2 days already, that is a really good sign so early, I hope the days fly by til your next scan so you can see your little bub again. The early days are so hard and it is very difficult to not lose yourself in your fears and stresses, DH & I still speak about what a bad time it was. I lived on rescue drops and acupuncture to help me manage my stress. Anyway we are here for you when you need us

Oh boy everyone wants a piece of me this morning, need to put a sign up "I am busy posting on BH leave me alone"

Superstarr - what a lovely name! Good to hear you and Ashton are doing well. My little miss isn't that active but when she gets kicking I am really feeling it these days! Sounds like you had a ball at the 21st - you're a brave woman going in heels!

Bec - still thinking of you darl!!! Hope you have some news for us soon, the wait must be killing you!!!

Una - great to hear from you, and even better that little Z is doing well and picking up weight.

Shadow - hope everything is going okay at home? Can't believe you are already 10 weeks

Shala - good to hear from you! And good luck for your scan today, did you have a guess what gender? Or a preference? Look forward to hearing your pink or blue news!

Thee - Hello! Can't believe you are already washing her clothes and getting ready... time is flying! With our scan we only got the two 4D shots the rest was just normal scan. My hormonal moments haven't been too bad lately but I had my first full on real craving last night for waffles with syrup and ice cream?!?! I was even on google trying to find ANYWHERE in Melbourne that does them with no luck ha ha! I would not have eaten one in about 10 years so who knows what the go is there. Oh and if I eat any more strawberries I am going to give birth to Strawberry Shortcake rather than a baby! Yay for 3 weeks left of work but your HR lady sounds like a twit!

Fireflies hope you have gotten some better sleep over the weekend. And that your remaining time at work goes by quickly so you can get some rest and most of all some relief from your back pain!

Sniper - how was your weekend? Good I hope? And that DD gave you some time to rest? My energy levels are actually pretty good at the moment, been walking around 4km with the dog and feeling good afterwards but not sleeping the best. Mine picked up a lot at 15 weeks so hopefully you will be feeling a change soon? But with a DD to run around after could be a lot different. I must admit things are changing as my weight shifts forward though, feel a bit different trying to stand up straight when walking IYKWIM. The massive DD (.)(.) don't really help much either! LOL. No doubt I will get more tired as I get heavier.

Hope everyone has a great week, belly rubs to all of you.

Em
    xx
    Last edited by Melameen; 30-08-2010 at 09:07. Reason: spelling

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Ladies

I just wanted to say

KimInMellie - I hear exactly what you are saying. Our Due in thread is very "excited" and is very off putting to us who have had MC's. You need to be where you feel most supported.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok just a quickie, out for lunch celebrating our BOY!!!!! Yes another boy, had a feeling for a week now it was going to be a boy and dreamt it last night too. Very happy, would have loved a girl but brothers are very cute too!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Shala - that is great news!! Congratulations.

Kiminmellie - Welcome, I also know exactly what you mean. After two M/C I feel like I just go over and over my worries again and again in the due thread!! The poor ladies there may think that I am crazy with my worries. It really is so hard to not worry.

Superstarr - I struggle to party until 2am in heels even when I am not pregnant haha. I agree Ashton is a lovely name.

Una - Glad to hear that things are starting to pick up for you and your family.

I can't do heaps of personals today sorry lovelies.

My head is all over the place today. I went away to a resort with my husband on the weekend (afraid he is NOT a darling this week) and when I went to the toilet on Saturday night, there was a spot of red blood. It was tiny, and did not go onto my undies and has not been there since. Unfortunately though now I have had pains, not quite like period pain though slightly. I think that it is also that I am so aware of every twinge, it has been like stretching pain and my back has been hurting. I am 11 weeks today, so not sure if this stretching feeling is normal?? can anyone remember? I have rang the early pregnancy service and have ANOTHER scan tomorrow at 1.30pm to ensure that all is a okay. I just can't stop worrying now though!!

Did anyone else have LOTS of stretchy feelings for their first at 11 weeks? I know that we are all different, as usual just need reassuring though. I hope that the spot was nothing and I do feel much better that there has not been any since.

Thanks again and belly rubs to you all

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much everyone for the welcome. I'm feeling a bit better today after my weekly acupuncture session. 4 more sleeps until my next scan -- that feels manageable to me right now.

Superstar, I don't remember the last time I was up at 2 am except for a pee! You're a trouper partying like that at 20 weeks. (I assume, from your avatar.) As for Father's Day, I won't do anything for DH for our little bub -- too early for me to feel comfortable with that -- but DH has already told me that he'd like a homemade tool case from my DSS10 (his son) and has shown me how to use his whatchamacallit power tools so that I can teach SS how to! LOL Poor DH sooooo wants his son to enjoy working with his hands, but ... it ain't gonna happen. SS is most definitely a tech type, not a sporty/get your hands dirty type. Maybe this one will be.

shadowangel, thanks for the kind words and advice. I definitely felt something was wrong going into my first scan b/f my m/c -- my symptoms had disappeared rather suddenly just a few days before. This time, I've had no symptoms at all to speak of, which I can get obsessive about, but as my acupuncturist pointed out, morning sickness doesn't necessarily mean a healthy pregnancy, as I had heaps last time and it wasn't meant to be. Congratulations on getting to ten weeks and beyond -- I bet you'll be over the moon to get into the 2nd trimester!

Melameen - THANK YOU for reminding me about rescue remedy! I have weekly acu as I mentioned before, but I had totally forgotten how effective flower essences can be for this type of anxiety. I got mine out of the cupboard as soon as I read your post.

Hey Zult and thanks. I think we have a lovely group of women in our due-in thread, I really do. I just don't want to come across as Chicken Little, fearing the sky is falling at every little twinge or lack thereof!

Addison, that spot of blood must've freaked you out. I'm so glad you have a scan tomorrow. As for the stretchy feelings, a friend of mine felt so much going on during her 11th week (this is her first pregnancy) that she said it felt like AF cramps but worse. She had a scan the next day and bubs was fine. Apparently it's very common at 11-12 weeks.

Off to pop a couple of rescue remedy drops under my tongue and call it a night. TTFN

Thanks
    Reviews
    Addison - I had terrible cramps in the first trimester. I remember there were many nights spent on the sofa with a hot water bottle thinking it was all over. Big hugs my darling and good luck for the scan tomorrow. I'll keep my eyes peeled for your post.

Xoxo
    Last edited by Una; 30-08-2010 at 22:19.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Shala - congratulations on your little boy!!! Your mother's intuition was spot on - unlike mine ha ha.

Addison - good luck for your scan today darl, will look out for your post later. I can remember having lots of pains and discomfort earlier on in this pregnancy, just a lot of stretching going on. Sending you

KimInMellie - happy to remind you about Bach's Flower Remedy, DH and I both went through bottles of the stuff! I love that it is 100% safe for preggy ladies

have a good day everyone,

Em
    xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you all so much for the good vibes and well wishes.

I had my scan today and there was a huge healthy bubs. The scan lady was lovely and said that bubs is huge!! So again they have changed my due date to being 12 weeks Friday!! My ticker is way off now. I guess we were never going to know the exact date as I did not not get a LMP due to m/c the previous month. Anyway, for the first time I am on bubs was so active he waved, and the lady was laughing so much as he was holding onto the cord with both hands!! Hahaha. The bleeding she could see and said that it is possibly gestational bleeding and that there may be a small bit more though not to stress as it could even be old implantation bleeding.

So that is me...sorry my posts are all me me me haha I am so happy though. The pain is just bub being big and active I guess.

Flower Essences - I love them, I have a stock kit to make them myself, though they are Australian Flower Essences and not Bach. I was taking She Oak for Fertility when I was TTC. Though have not touched any since then. I am infamous for telling friends to take Emergency Essence though, which is the Aussie equivallent to Bach. They actually recommend that if you are From Australia and live here then you should take the Australian Flower Essences as they may be more successful for you. Though that could also just be hocus pocus, whatever works for you works!!! Bach is just as good in my books.

Thanks again for the support you lovely mummies x

Thanks
    Reviews
    ladies!

just found out today im pregnant for the 3rd time with my FIRST bub!!!

been so emotional the last 20mins since finding out...dont want to get my hopes up but still want to be as positive as i can be to make sure i dont stress myself out!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    YAY TSG!!! Congrats again!!! Good to see u around again I Hope this one goes well for u and has lots of stickiness attached to it to make it stay put.

If it helps, I found breaking up ur first trimester works a treat - well it has worked for me. I made sure i booked appointments and scans a couple weeks apart so i had reassurance regularly. I found out at 4wks, am over 10 now. I had GP at 4 and 6, US at 9 (but got pushed back 1/2 a week - which is in line with me Oing.) and OB app just last week. NT scan in 2 weeks once im in the "Safe" zone.

Good luck!!! I really hope all goes well this time around.