Closed Thread
Page 36 of 58 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Wooooooohoooooooooooo Sniper!!!! Great news, can't wait to hear ur great scan news!

Quote Originally Posted by sniper wolf View Post
    **12 weeks today**

NT scan on tuesday arvo!
    Lucky, I am hearing you on the no waist thing, but strangely enough now tht my bump has popped a bit my waist is more noticeable again, like everything tht was crammed up there has shifted down a bit. I found great m/pants on eBay can't wait for them to get here!

TSG2011 I am so sorry for your loss, sending you hugs.

Shadow, your MIL sounds like a real challenge. I don't think you are obliged to tell her any time soon, just wait til it feels right for you. Maybe you can seek some advice prior to ur baby being born so u know your rights and can be 100% certain she can't muscle in on your new family.

Addison I agree with Bec, as time creeps fwd u start to feel more positive but at the start it is pretty hard. We hv our 20 wk scan on tues and can't help getting a bit fearful all over again, it is human nature.

Wow Lucky just reread tht u r 14wks by dating scan!

Fireflies hope ur heartburn cleared up how fantastic you only hv a month of work left! Would put the happy dance icon in but I am on phone so can't.

Afm, felt some definite movements yst&today. Strongest one last night was when the cat was on my lap purring and baby booted her in the side! Got a busy weekend planned but nothing too strenuous.

Have a good weekend everyone!

Belly rubs,

Emxx
    Last edited by Melameen; 31-07-2010 at 09:47. Reason: fixed the format

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dnt know what happened wt my post, looks funny lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Morning!!

Sniper- yaaayyy!!! Congrats on 12 weeks!!!

Addison- as they all said time makes it easier! I still have moments of paranoia but mostly it's all good now and I feel I am really enjoying this pg now!! Loving it infact!!!

Fireflies- so jealous you are almost finished I can't wait to finish up!!! 3 months to go!!!

Melameen- yay for more movements!!! It's so exciting!! It's still normal to get nervous about a scan but it truly is an amazing scan to see! We paid $20 for a DVD of ours and I could watch this little man again and again!!

Afm- not much to report! Kicks and movements getting stronger- really starting to make me jump coz they're quite low and he's really up front!! Still waiting to noticeably pop! If I hold my tummy in it's barely noticeable!! but I'll get there!!! Can't believe I'm now over half way!!! Yaaay!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    YAYYY for 12 weeks sniper! Cant wait to hear about ur results!! Good luck at ur scan!

Melameen - LMAO @ bubs kicking the cat!! Thats gunna be a love hate relationship right there So cute! lol ...How do u feel about ur bubs being a footy player? lol

YAY Super for over 1/2 way! Wont be long now!!

Hope everyone else is travelling well!

AFM - 6w3d - CLEAN TOILET PAPER!! (lol sorry) I think i worked out i started spotting between 6 and 7 weeks last time...so a lil more observant atm. Does the constant paper/undie watch ease as u get further along?? Im freaking myself out at times...like the other day i swear there was pink... Till i looked again and realised it was the paper design - not the worse case scenario lol!

MIL is in town... I just wanna grab a pitch fork, a flaming torch and chase her out! Because DP And i didnt answer phones (1 dead battery, other in car), she tracked us down and turned up at WORK then abused him becaise of it! Thanx for the advice girls. Personally - id rather not tell her at all but u can only hide a pregnancy so long...and u cant really hide a baby. I think ill leave it till its obvious, and IF she notices, or finds out i guess we have to tell her. In the meantime ill research my rights and chat to places like DHS etc see where we stand.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sniper – YAY on 12weeks!!! I remember the relief I felt when I passed the “danger period”. Although (this is not to scare you) my “danger period” wont be over till this baby is out!!! Are you going to start telling people after you have your NT scan? Good luck with that, will be hanging out to hear how well it goes.

Melameen – Heartburn has cleared up, for now!!! YAY on feeling definite kicks. Its really good knowing that you aren’t crazy and what you think are kicks and movements actually are.

Superstarr – I technically have 6weeks left of work. But I am only counting down the actual working days so it doesn’t seem as bad as 6 weeks. So we are now down to 30working days, maybe less if I have any sick days!! The 3 months you have left will fly by. I started counting down when I had 20weeks to go, the time has flown by. This is how I feel about work lately though!!!

Shadow – I was the same with the toilet paper. I still check now even at 28+1weeks. I don’t think I will ever stop checking. Mine undie watch never really eased, I found wearing a panty liner helpful and if I had any spotting it was easy to notice it. Unfortunately for me I’ve had placenta previa (it has moved now) and had bleeding from 13 weeks till 18weeks. Dont let the MIL situation stress you out either. Just think of this wonderful time you and your DH are experiencing.

Lucky – Congrats on getting further along and being able to relax more each day. Soon you will be counting down to your Morph scan. Are you going to be finding out the sex?

AFM – Baby is moving heaps last few days. Today he must be having a rest and growing some more and is not moving heaps. Still having movements and kicks and the ever pushing out on my belly. Going by my OB’s dates I am 28+1weeks today!!! 4 more days to get past how far I was with DD. I am hoping only 9-10weeks till the baby will be born. My back was shocking last night and I really don’t think it would last till 40weeks. My baby shower is in a week, can’t wait!!! Then the following week I will be picking up my nursery furniture, then I just have to wait for the baby to arrive.... OH and pick a name for him!!

sniper wolf is offline current proud SaHM to 2 humans of varying ages
    Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks people! although i wont be 100% reassured until after the scan, but i'm feeling good about it because i can feel things going on down there. had the blood test for the NT scan yesterday so the balls are rolling in the right direction. still feeling nauseous here and there but feel A LOT better in general.

thanks again for the comments, it's really nice to read them.

fireflies- wow a lot going on for you- 3rd trimester, baby shower, picking nursery furniture (I loved that!). sounds like you are well on your way to getting organised. I am throwing a friend a baby shower in a few weeks- any ideas are welcome!

shadowangel- yay for the clean toilet paper!! but boo for the MIL. Last time we left it until after 15 weeks ot tell people. I am undecided when to tell people- for some reason i am thinking spring.

superstar- yay for half way!!!! a lot of milestones going on for us all in here.

em- hope you have a relaxig weekend and can forget about the stresses of work.

lucky- hi there!

that's as far as I can see back- hi to everyone else reading

as i said up there- still feeling a bit nauseous here and there- this cold doesnt help much. had it for over a week now- i wish it would go. it's great to be 2/3 of the way through winter too. i have been doing some work recently from home that should wind up soon- it was really ill timed as it was just when i was feeling the sickest and will wind up soon when i feel better again- oh well. in bed most nights asleep by 9:30. got my appetite back again too which helps was soo sick of being so fussy with food.

hope everone is having a good weekend

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all,

I know this is probably the wrong place but I need to vent. I've had a shocker of a week, first off Zena's reflux is so bad that she's not growing properly and the ped is 'concern'. Great so I've got this to worry about on top of the reflux.

Then on Tuesday DH was involved in a big car crash turning into our road, 200m from home. The other guy is totally at fault as he drove into DH doing 60kmh+ and didn't even brake. DH had to be cut out of my car and they were worried he had broken his back. He's ok (sort of) in alot of pain but nothing broken, thank god.

So now I have to not only look after Zena but DH has well :-( Grrrr I need good luck to come my way.

Sorry rant over and sorry it's a 'all about me' post.

Belly rubs and love to you all,

Úna xoxo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Shadow, I still check the loo paper every time. Had a few moments whr I freak tht thr is bloody toilet paper in the loo when I go to flush, then realize that is the bit I blew my nose on!! I hv bn hving constant nosebleeds since round 12 weeks.

Oh Una you poor girl sounds like you need a fairy godmother on your side! Thank goodness DH wasn't hurt worse than he is but still so scary!! And poor little Zena wt her reflux and most of all poor you hving to try hold everyone together! Sending you lots of hugs darl. My niece had reflux & they ended up buying one of those wedge things for in the cot and later on when SIL stopped breast feeding they changed her formula to this French one specifically for babies tht get reflux. But it was pretty tough on them. It is so hard when you can't help your bub, must be really horrible for you. Sorry there isn't anything we can do to help darl xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awww una Sounds like ur having a really rough time. Poor little Zena I hope u can get her reflux sorted soon. Is she BF or bottle? if bottle would the anti-reflux formula help? or if BF ive heard something about expressing and putting a thickener in it? might have to see if health nurse has heard anything about it? I dont know for sure as i dont have children myself. Have they tested her for lactose intollerance?? Sometimes that presents like reflux.

I hope ur DH has a speedy recovery. Thats so scary that things like that can happen. Im glad he hasnt got any extremely major injuries!! Hopefully the other guy gets charged with dangerous driving etc. Doesnt make it any easier but at least u know they arent getting away scot free.

Try taking each day at a time... As for the wedge thingy melameen mentioned, when i worked in childcare for children with astma/breathing etc, we raised 1 end of the cot mattress with towels underneath, maybe that will help? I also remember carying a young bubs around with a leg each side of my arm. , stomach along it (him facing the ground) and supporting his head with my hand... Was the only way he could get any relief (actually fell asleep!) Cant remember exactally but it was either extreme wind, or reflux.

Are u one for "old wives tale remedies?" Maybe theres something they used to do years ago thats been forgotten, maybe ur mum or an aunt or someone knows something else to try.

As for the Ped.... Try not to let it stress u too much. If u worry, little zena will feel it too. Try to relax and take each small step 1 at a time. Im sure u will get there. *big hugs*

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default 14 weeks 6 days today

14 weeks 6 days today. Yay! Tomorrow I hit an even safer zone. The doctor when I had my NT test says at 12 weeks the risk falls to 2% and at 15 weeks 1% so all is good!

My DH's parents have come to visit which was nice but kind of depressing at the same time. DH's mum is quite disabled, with heart problems, scoriosis, and arthritis. She has also become quite obese, through anti depressants and her illnesses. Her DH does everything for her, but we know that she can do some things she just seems to have given up on living and gets her DH to do everything. Which he does because he is a very shy man and timid. The fact that she does nothing means that her illnesses get worse and so does her obesity which then exacerbates the illnesses. It's like she's given up on life. They live in the country so access to good doctors is hard. DH tried to persuade her to see some doctors we know in Sydney but she just got upset.

On top of that they have driven 5 hours to get here but only spent 2 hours with us yesterday, they wouldn't come back for tea, even though they're only staying in a hotel down the road. Not sure if we'll get to see them today. Matt tries to get his mum to do more, but she won't listen. We try, but in the end you can't save everyone. It's depressing seeing someone like that who has given up on life and to scared to do anything.

They are excited about having a grandchild, but how much they will be able to have to do with the child will be limited because of her disability. I guess maybe when the baby comes along they will do more, but I doubt it.

It makes me miss my family overseas because my family are so active, and my mum as well. Oh well, my mum will be here for the birth I'm hoping and stay afterwards. Poor DH gets upset about his mum, but he knows he can do little about it too.
    Last edited by Luckyme1; 02-08-2010 at 09:20.