Closed Thread
Page 34 of 58 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Not sure what I did wrong thr! Was going to say we had booking in apt at hosp&thy wr all lovely. But hv to see obs at 20 wks thy r worried tht my bladder retention might stop/slow bubs passage thru birth canal. Also want to check my bicornuate uterus out even tho thy didnt think tht would be a big issue. Not sure why but it upset me today, I thought birth was never going to be easy but now to think my flipping bladder might get in the way and need a catheter had me feeling a bit flat. Think the hormones and a feral week at wrk plus the in laws causing friction and us getting ready to host their combined 60th next weekend all conspired against me and left me a bit teary. Anyhoo I will stop whinging. Can only wait and see what the obs says and take it from there! Hopefully thy r just being overcautious.

Take care everyone, belly rubs to all of you

Emxxxxxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi everyone, sorry I've been MIA for a few days, our stupid modem broke and we had to wait until today for the new one to arrive. Back online now thank god!!

So I am 36.5 weeks now!!! Starting weekly appointments with the obs until the big day!! I am feeling bigger and heavier each day but I have to say I've had a lovely pregnancy experience and I'm still enjoying it -- particularly since I stopped working and I can just rest and potter around according to how much energy I have. Baby is moving lots and is growing exactly on schedule. His head is down but he's not fully engaged yet so it will be a little while yet.

Superstarr - congrats on your little boy I had a little cry too when we found out the sex, I think just because it made the baby seem like a real little person rather than an idea.

Lucky - good for you, second trimester!!

Una - nice to hear from you. Hope Z's health improves quickly.

Melameen - oh we all have those days where everything seems a bit much. Hopefully like you said, they are just being cautious with the extra check-up at 20 wks. You can only take one step at a time.

Belly rubs and good vibes to everyone else

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Wow BB!! So close, fantastic ur still loving ur pregnancy!! Hope all continues to go well for u!! Cant wait till we hear u announce ur news!

Melameen - *big hugs* I hope everything works out for u.

Thanks
    Reviews
    BB - so glad to hear you are enjoying your time off! That's awesome! So not long to go now!!! Can't wait to hear the big announcement!!

Melameen - hun! I reckon they're just taking extra precautions which at the end of the day you would rather!! Hope it all goes well!!! .

Well I did some retail therapy today and bought some REALLY cute little boy stuff from Pumpkin Patch (gotta love sales) and told my besties tonight. Also rewatched the DVD and am officially super excited about this little man! We're really excited!!!! Though I'm not excited that he thinks it's awesome to either lay on my bladder or kick it which is probably worse as it's so sudden!!

DP felt him kick last night - twice!! So it was sooooo exciting for him! I'm so glad bub co operated for him!!!

BELLY RUBS LADIES!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    awww super! LOVE ur new pic. Was that just a normal black and white US or was it one of those 3d/4d ones?

YaY for buying BOY Stuff! Just think, in 19weeks or so u will be holding ur lovely new SON!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just went to change screens on my computer because someone came into my office and lost my whole post!!

The general gist was thanks for the support ladies, I am feeling better now just hoping they are being over cautious. Whatever the case may be we will have to deal with it when we find out more.

Super - love your new profile pic! What a handsome little son you have in there and how beautiful your partner felt kicks too. I felt definite movements in bed last night but I really have to concentrate to feel them so think it will be a while before DH can. But I have short legs and a long body so maybe bubs is the same and hasn't got the reach to kick me hard yet! DH always teases me that 3/4 pants could pass for full length ones on me LOL

Shadow - don't know if I had a chance yet to say I am glad your GP apt went well and you got on well with him. Could you ask for an earlier U/S just because you would like one? My GP was happy to dish out referrals whenever I wanted them?

Bec - oh m/leave sounds like bliss!! To be able to potter at your own pace and do what you want when you want would be heaven! Not long now and your little man will be here!!! Is there anything left for you to organise or take care of? Or are you pretty sorted?

AFM - I am WAAAAAY to busy at work and no one seems to realise that I have a lot on my plate and I don't feel like chatting to them/passing the time of day. I worked from 7am - 5pm yest and still haven't managed to catch up on my invoicing. Anyway today the boss is playing golf so he won't be in until after lunch so hopefully I will get a bit more done. After being told about 1000 times by him that HE would advertise for my replacement and HE would sort it out bla bla he spun me some B/S yest that he could not log onto Seek from his home computer and could not find what he had written for the wording and "can't you just do it, you know what to say". I am seriously two seconds off killing him. This is after I have told him repeatedly I am really busy and behind on work and it is the end of the month so I need to get stuff done. He has no idea. So I drafted the ad, decided to not get upset that he is not advertising for a "maternity leave replacement" but a straight out replacement for me forever because the fact that I will come back part time is not enough for him. He is one of those pathetic men who need someone to say how high every time they say jump and needs his bum wiped every minute of the day. And then he came back in later in the day and complained at me that the people applying are too young, he can't get it through his skull that you CAN'T mention a preferred age in an ad it is discrimination.

Woopsie here I am saying I am so busy I have no time and I am ranting and venting away taking up my valuable work time! Sorry ladies I feel better for getting that off my chest, back to the grindstone now.

Hope all you girls who haven't posted in a while are well and your bumps are growing and bubs are healthy and happy.

Fireflies - is that progesterone cream working on your cervix? Or is it still shortening?

Belly rubs everyone,

Em
    xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    WOW Melameen! u are busy.

I ended up calling today and changed my US for a week earlier. Couldnt have it on a monday (so mum can come) as theres no sonographer there, so i scheduled it for 8.45 tuesday. - OMG! Means i need to be awake enough to pee at 6.45am!! lol Then drink the water before 7.45! lol Not a morning person..but oh well.

Im torn as to when to have it. I want to see a nice little heartbeat ASAP, but i also want to see as much as i can when i see it, so also want to leave it as long as i can! I figure 9wks i should see a little more than a blob (though probably not too much) and a nice strong HB.

Feeling really EW! today... havent actually been sick but did take a bucket back to bed with me about 3am and sit in bed holding it for about an hour. and strangely - LOVING IT! kinda making it feel real.

Anyways, time to get ready for work! Hope everyone is doing well. *waves to all the lil bubbas* be nice to ur mummies

Thanks
    Reviews
    Melammen - you can rant on here anytime, that is what we are good for ;-)

Shadow- YAY we have made it past 6 weeks. I know what you are saying in relation to the scans. Still a bit upset that I had the dating one and we could not see much, though next week I will be 7 weeks when I have another one, not sure why they want me to have them so frequently though I am happy to I guess. I will let you know what I see next week.

AFM - I have been a bit sick lately, though more emotional than anything. I just want DH and I to be able to get excited about it, though when I even start to, eg I was talking about my maternity leave and all the pay I will have (already have 5 weeks annual leave now and will not take any before Feb 2011, so should have a bit) he reminded me that we should take it just one day at a time. I KNOW that we should. I just think that it is unfair, when you are pregnant is that not the one time you should be planning for the future. I hate that I can't. I hate also, that I get so scared when I think, I may not have miscarried yet, but I still might. I just don't even really feel pregnant to tell the truth. Sure I am tired, and feel ill now and then, though there is not a happy vibe in me as I am too scared to get excited. I imagine others feel the same?? I just wish we all had a crystal ball and knew what was going to happen. Or that we could just go and pick the bub from a cabbage patch

Anyway that was my rant - so you aren't alone Melameen

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also, another quick post to ask a question. Did any of your ladies get results back of why you have miscarried in the past? I never had any results back really and wonder if there are other tests they should do, for example I have read that some miscarriages are from incompetent cervix, and you can get a stitch if this was the case, or progesterone levels? Maybe I should get those checked? Any thoughts would be good

Thanks everyone!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Addison View Post
    I just think that it is unfair, when you are pregnant is that not the one time you should be planning for the future. I hate that I can't. I hate also, that I get so scared when I think, I may not have miscarried yet, but I still might. I just don't even really feel pregnant to tell the truth. Sure I am tired, and feel ill now and then, though there is not a happy vibe in me as I am too scared to get excited. I imagine others feel the same??
    Oh totally that's how I felt for the beginning of this pregnancy. I told my parents at about 7 weeks and they were obviously excited but I didn't want to get excited that early. My mum said to me at one point "when are you going to relax and enjoy it?" and I was like "um.... when I have the baby in my arms!!" But as I keep saying, my thoughts and feelings got progressively better after the first trimester and it gets easier to be happy and excited

I went to the Big W baby sale today and bought a few bits and pieces. Still got quite a few things to do but all the essentials for a newborn (nappies, wipes, clothes, car seat) are ready to go.

Bec