Closed Thread
Page 26 of 58 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Welcome Addison and congrats on the BFP! As you can see, there are lots of women in this section who have lost more than one pregnancy and gone on to a healthy one, including me (see my signature). Now I'm nearly 35 weeks and waiting for our little boy to arrive very soon The early stages of a pregnancy after m/c are always so difficult but everyone in here understands just what you're going through

Quote Originally Posted by supermumof3 View Post
    hmm my last two pregs have resulted in m/c but im not getting advised to have blood tests or extra scans or anything?
    seems like some of u are being watched super closely? now im worried why im not?
    I think it depends on your doctor/s and your circumstances. Given that I had an ectopic, my obs wanted to monitor from very early on to make sure that the embryo was implanted in the right place. I had 3 early blood tests to make sure hcg was rising properly, plus my obs gave me scans at 6 wks, 7 wks and 10 wks. Then we had the regular scans at 12 wks and 19 wks.

shadow - that sounds like a lovely idea. I've been looking at my baby book at my mum's place recently and it's so nice to have all those things to look back on

I washed all of baby's clothes today and it's so cute seeing all of these tiny little outfits on the line

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    awww BB!! so close now! I cant wait till i can say Ive washed all of bubs things in preparation for the arrival. How are u feeling? Hope time passes quickly for u and u get to hold ur bundle of joy soon!

AFM - i think ill request an US referral for about 6-7wks (for my sanity) when i call GP for test results monday morning. Can you see the HB at 6wks?? Around when does it first appear? I think i read somewhere it starts beating in the 5th week. But u cant see it on US till later? Id like to try for an US when u can see the HB, because for me that would be a massive relief as we never got that far last time.

We got really busy tonight at work (I work in my mums fish n chip shop) and i was the only 1 able to do the cooking... When i got home i cried to DP and mum that i think i overdone it and im just waiting to see spotting as i was running back and foward all night and just felt BLAH (no other way to describe it) when I got home.

Mum keeps reassuring me ill be fine this time as she has a "feeling" and believes im having a girl. She told me only a few weeks ago that she couldnt visulise a baby or even get a feeling of its sex or anything when i was pregnant last time, in her words - "something didnt feel right". So fingers crossed she is right and this one is sticky. I feel more relaxed generally with this one, but have moments where I think ive done too much, or if (sorry for TMI) i get a twinge or 'wet' feeling down there, i freak and rush to toilet - only to find nothing which comforts me till the next time.

Do these fears pass? lol OMG sorry im rambling just... noone else seems to get it here :\

Thanks
    Reviews
    The fears get easier as time goes past, but I felt them to begin with. I thought I was going insane.

AFM twelve weeks two days, I'm still a bit nervous but happy as we can start planning about the baby's room, and thinking about all the things we have to buy. I'm flying to Melbourne from Sydney in a week in a half for a day and a half's business trip. Does everyone thinks that's ok. My ob thinks so, and I'm going to check with him on Friday when I see him next.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

I am completely freaking out today, as I have NO symptoms. Even yesterday I had symptoms like sore chest, weeing heaps, emotional and tired. Today, nothing. Nothing at all. My chest is not even sore at all. Does anyone else have symptoms come and go?

Thank you so much for any replies.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Bleeding in pregnancy

Hi, not sure if i am in the right thread here, new to this!
    I had an early miscarriage as my first pregnancy, followed by an event free easy 2nd which resluted in my daughter.
    AFter this we got pregnant and were told the heartbreaking news that our 22 week baby had a severe heart abnormality (hyperplastic left heart syndrome) and would not survive. SO yes had to go through a horribly painful labour to terminate the pregnancy.
    I am now 10 and 5 pregnant again, and have had bleeding and cramps on and off for a week. Veyr scary. The dr did a quick u/s and said there should be more at this stage, so i am not hopeful. Took her 5 mins to work out how to turn the u/s machine on so i am hoping she was just really bad at it!
    We are very remote in WA, and have to wait a whole week to get a proper u/s to confirm. Have 2 blood tests to do this week too.
    Has anyone else had this sort of case and been ok?
    My daughter is 2 1/2 and i am pretty down about having to get pregnant all over again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My symptoms come and go and my doc said don't listen to symptoms as they are not a good guide, it's just bleeding and the ultrasound that you have to tell you where you're at.

Thanks
    Reviews
    ive got 2 more days till my scan and im starting to feel like my babys not ok. not sure why really. maybe just cause ive had so much cramping? maybe im just trying to get myself prepared for the possibilty of hearing bad news?

oh gosh lilliey what an awful thing to have to go through

addison mine come and go too

shadowangel my mil has a feeling this time for me too, i hope she is right. earlier on i had that feeling too but now im full of doubts.

wow bb not long to go!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowangel0205 View Post
    AFM - i think ill request an US referral for about 6-7wks (for my sanity) when i call GP for test results monday morning. Can you see the HB at 6wks?? Around when does it first appear? I think i read somewhere it starts beating in the 5th week. But u cant see it on US till later? Id like to try for an US when u can see the HB, because for me that would be a massive relief as we never got that far last time.
    the heart grows at 5 weeks!! Amazing to think that while your baby is the size of a grain of rice it has a heart!! You should be able to see it at 6 weeks!! Good luck!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    shadow the heart can be seen at 6 weeks BUT often dates are put back by a few days up to 2 weeks even.
    im going at 8w2 cause i didnt want to go and not see it. i always get put back two weeks at the first ultrasound which is annoying as i know its not right as it means i got my bfp when they think i was ovulating

10. The Following User Says Thank You to smog For This Useful Post:

MickeyMouse84  (24-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Morning girls,

Wow lots of posts to reply to over the weekend. I will try my best not to leave anyone out.

Shadow - I know you can see the HB from around 6 weeks in some pregnancies but for peace of mind DH&I left our scan til closer to 8 weeks this time around. Just so that we knew if there was no HB or we measured far out that there would be no uncertainty and we would know there was a problem. In our previous pg we went at 6 wks and there was no HB and we had to wait through a week of hell to see if our dates were just wrong or if there was something wrong with the baby, it was such a rollercoaster of emotions we didn't want to have to live through it again. But it is up to you! Try take it easy a bit this week darl, no good getting stressed out!

Addison - your symptoms do come and go and the more you think about them the worse it gets! Can't help second guessing every little thing. I have been there and know how you feel, even with this pregnancy which as you can see is perfectly healthy and going on 18 weeks tomorrow! Try stay calm and centred, I know it is very hard, but the more stressed you get the worse you will feel. Sorry I know it is easily said

lilliey - welcome to the thread, I am sorry for your two losses and what must have been the most heartbreaking loss and experience you had to go through with your third pregnancy. It doesn't sound like that doctor was very experienced with a ultrasound, hopefully that was the problem not you. I hope this week flies by so that you have a proper ultrasound with soemone qualified and can put your fears at rest.

Okay I think that covers everything.

Hello to all the other girls reading. Hope you are all well and your pregnancies are progressing nicely!

AFM - had revoltingly busy weekend and am feeling washed out today. Need a break. Last few mornings I have been waking up with my tummy feeling rock hard and as if my uterus is contracted? Very strange! It loosens up as soon as I get up and walk around but feels very strange anyway... any of you further along girls had anything similar? I thought it might be those Braxton Hicks thingies but I think they are only mean to last 30 seconds or something? Ha ha anyway two weeks tomorrow til my 20 week scan whoo hoo! Bubs HB is still strong on the doppler so not too worried, just hope I am not squishing my bubby somehow!

Take care everyone, belly rubs to all of you

Em
    xxxx