Closed Thread
Page 24 of 58 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks girls for your kind words... Nothing really makes it any easier as you all know.

I had a D&C yesterday, all went as well as it can. Ended up having it at Adelaide woman's and children's...once again away from home. It was done in the caesarian delivery suite, with crying babies and pregnant women everywhere, just what I needed. The hospital staff were wonderful, so understanding and kind. I had two gynaes performing the procedure and it was done under ultrasound which made me feel like I was in good hands. No bleeding or pain at all so think it went well.

The bub has been sent away for testing and they are performing a whole lot of tests on me plus a visit with their recurring miscarriage clinic is all booked. I also had a chemical preg before the first miscarriage so they took this as my third. Not sure it will shed any light but I am an information junkie.

Em - Have been thinking about going down the chinese doc route as well. Thinking I can start all this now and also get the clinical information when it comes. Does anyone know of a Chinese doc down in Adelaide?

Martina - Sucks we are in this boat together, we started our journey at the same time and it ended the same way. Hopefully we wont have the endure this again and be back in here in no time.

It feels very different the second time around. I am not really mourning the bub so much this time, really just mourning the idea that we could have a problem. I kept my distance with this little one and haven't felt positive for most of the pregnancy. I honestly think my lack of symptoms are warning bells that something just doesn't work properly for us, maybe a hormone imbalance I suspect.

Anyway, onwards and upwards I suppose. Good luck girls with the rest of your journeys, will pop in every now and again to see how your all going and hopefully back in here soon with a happy healthy bub at the end xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Una View Post
    BB - yaya for being so close, I also tried all the nature stuff before using the drugs. Have you looked into a TENS machine? I used one and it made a massive difference and only ended up using a shot of pethaden , didn't even have the gas and air, which surprised the hell out of me! Considering I was so scared of the pain and the whole birth thing! Anyway I'm sure you'll do fine, can't wait till you join the next thread!
    Hey Una great to hear from you! Yep, I have looked into hiring a TENS machine. I spoke to a physio about it today and I'll get one from there in a couple of weeks. Good to hear it helped you.

lucky - good luck for your scan today

Lealalove - take care

shadowangel - good luck with getting a good obs

to everyone else

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lealalove - sorry you had to go through it. but very glad it went as well as it can go. really hope you are back in here in no time & when you are ready of course!! i wonder if they will find anything, when will you get some results??

Lucky - good luck for today, cant wait to hear how your scan went xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls,

Lealalove - biggest for you. I just found my acupuncture lady on google, and was lucky that she is fantastic. Good luck darl xxx

Una - great to hear from you! Good that you are loving the city elite too I am excited. Do you really find it way too big for shopping? We were hoping to make it work at the beginning and maybe look into a stroller later on. How is little Zena?

Lucky - good luck for your scan.

Hello to all you other girls, not much news from me, just working hard and got a busy weekend coming up!

Take care ladies, belly rubs all round.

Em
    xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Good luck at your scan today lucky! Hope all goes well.. I cant wait till i get to see my lil bubs for the first time! The way things are going it wont be till 10 wks...if i make it that far.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Leala - Sorry u had to go through that again, but im glad things went as well as they could. Please check in from time to time... and i hope we see u back here soon as ur ready with a sticky bubs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok so ive been thinking (thats dangerous i know) But, I figure u girls will be the best to ask...sorry if they seem stupid and obvious....Ive just got a few questions.

1: When did you all have blood tests? and did u have any extra tests done due to prior history?

2: When did you go for your first U/S? And at what intervals are U/S normal. I know that theres like 12wks, 20wks and a later one... But im just unsure.

3: How did u cope with the time between Bloods and Ultrasounds? (how did u reassure urself u will be fine)

4: When did u book in for an OB (IF u have) and at what stage do u visit them? (or gp)

Im not scared, just worried i guess, knowing what can happen and so easily without any control... Im still very early (4w2d) Ive changed GP due to being unhappy with the last one, but sadly the last one was ALSO an OB. This GP knows about my MC, and was very quick to try and get me into an OB, but it looks like my next contact with anyone wont be until 25th August? At which stage i will be 10wks.

It just seems so far away... and especially since my last bubs stopped growing at 5w3d but we didnt know until 8wks...im not sure how ill take any news like that again. I have a really good feeling about pregnancy this time and am feeling relaxed and calm about it all. But i cant stop wondering about that niggling feeling that this one may stop growing soon too.

On the up side, im feeling MS (no vomiting yet) alot more, and am extremely emotional (crying at everythig) plus have a loss of appetite, and i think my boobs r bigger now because i just realised i cant see my feet when im standing up.... And i have big feet. lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Shadow- I had blood test at 4wks (checked levels done with gp) saw ob at 5weeks, then he ordered blood tests to check levels again (one taken on Friday another on Monday), dating scan done at 6w 3d (early scan for reassurance), another ob appointment at 7 weeks, scan at 9w 3d ob appointment at 10w5d (ob appointments involved scans too just not 'official' ones) then scan at 12w6d finally ob appointment at 15w (no scan just Doppler). Phew... I was fairly reassured as I had a lot of scans (I was happy to foot the bill for these) and my ob knowingy previous missed mc was happy to comply!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanx super - wow u were busy straight up! I wish i lived closer to an OB. Well theres 1 here but he is never available or contactable??? So thats why we're being sent elsehwere but the earliest appointment was in 6wks! I think ill go mad in that time waiting! lol. (OR drive all u girlies mad asking my stupid questions)

Ive already had 2rounds of bloods, and the GP im seeing is fantastic (an older dr, owns a practice, used to deliver babies but does not work at the hospital at all now) Pathology nurse said im lucky to have him - he is very thorough!

Ive called to get results off the receptionists a couple of times but he has always put a note to say I was to discuss them with him - not receptionist. And if he has any quearies tells me to go straight away! (thats whats happened past 2 days) and within an hour im in seeing him. Also explained that 3 OBs are resigning where i wanted to go, so guess we have to stick with where i have my appointment as they have the most Obs so more chances of actually having one available.

I guess for a "normal" pregnancy, the care im getting is normal.?? but after a MC at 8wks (bubs 5w3d) im feeling sort of alone, left out in the dark etc. Would love to be able to have regular BT or U/S just to reassure me that everything is progressing properly. But i also know now, that if this bub doesnt stick, it wasnt meant to be either..

Anyways, hope all the other expecting mummies to be are doing well!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sounds normal for an everyday pg but I understand where your coming from. Can your gp refer you for a scan or more bt in the mean time? Yeah straight up I wanted as much as possible and I still had my referral valdi for my ob from my previous mc so despite feeling silly for seeing him early it has made this as easy as it could be.