Closed Thread
Page 13 of 58 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Martina - no I had an internal. Couldnt really see much except the outline of the bub (more like a white shadow) and also the heartbeat which looked just like a tiny flickering light.

Just seeing the sac as soon as the probe thingy went in was enough for me!! I remember having 3 scans for my ectopic and they were searching everywhere to find an embryo - it was torcher.

Try not to stress - im sure all will go well and after tomorrow you can tick one box and try to relax a little more. I had the first good nights sleep since Id known I was pregnant the night after the scan.

Cant wait to hear how it went xoxo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi 10 weeks 2 days today, this is the furthest we've gone. I'm feeling more positive and trying not to plan too much though until the 13 week mark. I too have been having acupuncture, and maybe that helped this time. And t all those who've got scans coming up, I too have been there, and it is nerve wracking, but it's better to know sooner rather than later. If it I good news the relief helps you get through to the next scan. I tried not to get caught up with bad thoughts and instea tried to focus on other things which helped. As for symptoms I've been analysing them too but my obs said it's no use trying to analyse them. The only thing to worry about is blood, and after a certain point ultrasounds are the only good diagnosis tool.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well I had my scan done today at the ultrasound training place- they wanted to so an internal u/s but I said NO as my Ob said NOWAY!!! But the could see the sac and the yoke- saw some thing that looked like a flicker for the hb but the technician couldn’t confirm nor deny that it was. But I have an official u/s on Friday and I am sure that will be an internal u/s. the other thing was that the u/s girl thought perhaps I had my dates wrong as the sac was measuring 5-6 weeks? Any way kind of wish I hadn’t volunteered for this but I had made the commitment and felt I should honour it.
    They took some pictures and saved them to my usb so I will try to upload them at a later time. I am very tired, I also had a baby shower as well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Luckyme - congrats on getting to 10 weeks 2 days, hope verything continues to progress along smoothly for you. I had heard of people using acupunture to help them fall pregnant, how can it help with preventing m/c?
    Good luck with everything xoxo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Martina,

Why no the the internal? Because they may not be trained properly?

Sound like it was a little nerve-wracking...BRING ON FRIDAY!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    10 weeks three days, hubby says I was snoring last night! It must be because I've put on three and half kilos, I no! But I don't really care, I've told our baby to make mummy as sick or as fat as she wants so that she/he can grow big and strong! Don't know how acupuncture worked, but I trust my doctor so I'm trying whatever I can at the moment.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by hopefulthisyr View Post
    Hi Martina,

Why no the the internal? Because they may not be trained properly?

Sound like it was a little nerve-wracking...BRING ON FRIDAY!!

Yep, I think that is and also he said he dosn't want any unnessesary "poking and proding" even DP has been told no to BD But Friday will tell... it's going to be a long week. When she was doing the scan we keeped seeing a little white fliker but she couldn't get it to stay on the screen- Iam tring to stay positive!

I have also been shopping up a storm on the net for preggi clothes... hope DP isn't home when they arrive

Have a great day everyone

Thanks
    Reviews
    Morning girls,

Just a quick one this morning to say hi.

Martina - that scan sounded like a bit of an ordeal! As Hopeful says... roll on Friday! Need to have an experience sonographer who knows what they are talking about do one then you will have a better experience. I admire you saying you made a commitment and want to see it through, but do you think after doing the one you can maybe withdraw from the program? In your situation after m/c I don't know if you need to have inexperienced scanner who doesn't really know what they are doing playing guessing games with your bub, just adds to your stress levels. The fact they saw a flicker means there is definitely a HB, there isn't really anything else that would be flickering in that area but still to have him not be able to confirm it with you must have been a bit yuck! Not long til your proper scan xx

Hopefulthisyr - I have not been reading BH on a computer but did this morning and saw your signature properly - my goodness you have had a long and difficult journey! Extra congrats to you on this natural miracle that you are carrying, how wonderful for you and DP.

Have a good week girls,

Em
    xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hmmmm - I always seem to forget to do an AFM section! Not that I am super interesting or anything!!! DH & I will be four months tomorrow - - time to really start doing the happy dance. I have been listening to bubs every now and then on the doppler and am in love with the little ba boom ba boom HB I hear pounding away every time, just lie there with a huge grin on my face. And I have felt my first movements!!! At first I thought I was imagining things but then I actually lay still and concentrated and there is no way known that little repetitive popping bubble feeling could be anything other than bubs kicking me. Pretty exciting. I don't get it all the time only every couple of days and only when I am lying still in bed.

Had a very busy weekend cleaning and organising and throwing out old stuff and and and! Starting to hit home we only have a cartain amount of time left before this baby comes, and before you think I am crazy and going way too early we also have my in laws combined 60th at our house in 4 weeks time with 45 people coming and then the weekend after I have friends coming to stay from Townsville so my former junk/chuck everything in it room has to become a guest room again... YIKES! So I was a very tired girl last night

Okay that is enough from me, bye for now!

Em
    xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Morning ladies

I've been reading everyone's updates but not posting much as everything is going along smoothly with no complications (yay!). Had a lovely low-key baby shower at my house yesterday which was great fun. Baby is obviously getting bigger as my belly is getting massive pokes and stretches like Aliens when he rolls over or stretches out, it's so lovely People keep saying to me "oh are you at the point where you just want the baby out of there?" but I'm totally loving it. 33 weeks today!!

Melameen - your movement/heartbeat update brought tears to my eyes, it's so lovely to connect with your baby

Lucky - good on you girl, keep thinking positive

Martina - it's so annoying that the tech couldn't tell you anything much. It all sounds good though so hold out until Friday when you can actually get some feedback. As Melameen said, you don't have to continue on if if is a volunteer program, you can withdraw anytime you don't feel comfortable. You and baby are the most important thing here.

to everyone else