+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Devondale, sanitarium (but that's soy, rice milk) and udder farm but this pretty hard to get and maybe only local-ish to me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    What ever you do, just don't buy Coles or Woolies milk. They are responsible for decimating the WA dairy farmers. Lots have either gone out of business or have had to sell stock and aren't even making ends meet due to the milk price wars.

Apart from that, their milk isn't really milk but full of permeates (milk by product) and water. Yuck yuck yuck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Fleurieu fresh and golden north are also Aussie owned, here in SA

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption
    Quote Originally Posted by Californication View Post
    What ever you do, just don't buy Coles or Woolies milk. They are responsible for decimating the WA dairy farmers. Lots have either gone out of business or have had to sell stock and aren't even making ends meet due to the milk price wars.

Apart from that, their milk isn't really milk but full of permeates (milk by product) and water. Yuck yuck yuck.
    I hate buying woolies milk, we don't shop at Coles, but DP makes us get it because it is so much cheaper I think it tastes awful! I just never looked into it to see why. Maybe now I can convince him not to buy it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week
    Every time I bought the Coles or woollies brand milk it went off before the use by date..usually 3-4 days before and not just smelling off but it went all lumpy...yuk!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by summastarlet View Post
    Every time I bought the Coles or woollies brand milk it went off before the use by date..usually 3-4 days before and not just smelling off but it went all lumpy...yuk!
    Yep. I used to buy Brownes, and by the due date it was getting that cheesy taste.

Then a dairy farmer told DH that they use the permeates as well so we switched to Harvey Fresh.

One day I realised that the milk was 2 days past the due date (unusual for us, it never usually lasts long!!) but it still tasted fine. Guess that's the difference between real milk and rubbish milk!