User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:
    Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Who keeps the prizes in a bridal shower game?

hi everyone

i'm helping my SIL organise a bridal shower/kitchen tea for her sister. we've organised some games with prizes to be played at the bridal shower, but SIL says that if a guest wins a prize in a game, they should give it to the bride?

i'm not sure about this - the guests are already giving the bride a present at the kitchen tea, so should they really have to give up their prize that they've won as well?! the prizes are just little things from kitchenware store like funky teatowels, a cute coffee mug, etc.

what do you guys think? should the guest be allowed to keep their prize or should they have to give it to the bride? we could always tell them they have a choice about whether to keep it or give it to the bride, but then anyone who wants to keep their prize will feel bad about keeping it!

the games we're playing are:

1. guess the spice (labels removed from jars, guests have to guess what the spice is, person with most correct gets a prize)

2. a little quiz about how well do you know the bride (person with most questions correct gets a prize)

3. kiss the hot guy (put up a poster of a hot guy on the wall, blindfold each guest, put lipstick on them and whoever can kiss the guy closest to his lips gets the prize!)

4. handbag game (divide up into pairs, each pair gets a list of items commonly found in a handbag with a points value assigned to each item, they have 5 minutes to go through their handbags to find as many items as they can and the team with the most points at the end gets a prize)

5. make up the bride (no prize for this one but we're going to blindfold the guests and then tell them to apply makeup to the bride, e.g. put lipstick on, put blusher on, etc!)

sorry rambled on a bit there!
    Me ~ 34 ~ I'm breaking through, I'm bending spoons, I'm keeping flowers in full bloom
    DH ~ 36 ~ Blue-eyed boy meets a brown-eyed girl... the sweetest thing
    DD ~ 4 ~ A brand new day, sunrise over sea

Thanks
    Reviews
    Guests keep the prize. I have never heard of them having to hand it back. That would be called "try your luck at scoring the bride some extra things"

Raising a little woman and a little man the best way I can.
    Little Miss arrived 11.12.10 to join her big brother in our new start together.
    Grateful for the blessings in my life

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:
    Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I would think the guest keeps the prize.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:
    Amber Star - 2,000 posts
    guest keeps the prize....if they want to give it up that is up to them.

What's the point in games with prizes if they have to give them away???
    DH+ ME + DS + DD

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:
    Topaz Star - 500 posts
    thanks everyone, good points!
    Me ~ 34 ~ I'm breaking through, I'm bending spoons, I'm keeping flowers in full bloom
    DH ~ 36 ~ Blue-eyed boy meets a brown-eyed girl... the sweetest thing
    DD ~ 4 ~ A brand new day, sunrise over sea