+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 40 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by singa06 View Post
    Can someone please explain why nestle? I do know that years ago they were pushing formula in developing countries where many had no access to clean water and poor sanitation, is that still the case?,
    yes its still the case the boycott has been going since the seventies with small breaks inbetween where they pretend to clean up their act, only to go back and do the same sh*t again

plus they market their products illegally in many countries, which goes against an international law for how infant formulas and infant baby foods are allowed to be marketed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Just on the Mem Fox thing, she said that YOUNG BABIES ie. six week olds etc. to be in full time day care, would be damaging to them. (Which Im sure most of us would agree with)... not toddlers or older children.

I only boycott cage eggs. But when I am really broke I lift that ban Never knew about Gloria Jeans though, that makes me want to vomit.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bron View Post
    Shell, Nestle, Coca Cola, Proctor and Gamble, any eggs or chickens that aren't free range. I've even discovered a source of free range bacon, so we're buying that now too.

And if you're curious about some of your favourite products, check this out. http://www.ethical.org.au/

Using that guide we switched toilet paper brand, tinned tomato brand and a few other brands. It was really easy to do.

Link =

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by tinker bella View Post
    Same and totally agree with the above.

SO HAPPY to know there are more people out there like me... the amount of time i spend explaining why i WONT buy from or go near a pet store is very frustrating cant they see it themselves i have 1 Aussie (bought from a REGISTERED breeder needing to reduce the amount of dogs she had), goats from breeder chooks from breeder and 2 rescued, guinea pig is rescue, 1 rabbit is breeder other 2 were gifts... oh and 3 cats, 1 was friend, other two were strays... wondering where ill put them if any more homeless turn up :P i kid you not was sleeping in tent outside for a few days and it occured to me that i had all my pets inside in warm and me outside in a tent... (before the goats)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by babymaker90 View Post
    not sure if this is really "boycotting" but i will never, ever buy a cat or dog from a pet store, like in a shop-ive seen many stores though which let the animals have a bigger play area and no roof and stuff
    theres plenty of great dogs and cats needing homes in the tradingpost, rspca or local produce that dont cost hundreds and hundreds and dont live in tiny little glass boxes.

Glamour shots in loganholme. ruined my pg shoot, and charged me 600 bucks for crap photos and abused me when i wrote to them saying i was not happy. DO NOT MESS WITH THE GRUMPY PREGGO LADY !!
    i told everyone i could. and ill keep telling.

im gonna be honest and say that many of the brands on here i dont boycott and no, i dont think about things like that when im shopping (but i am going to try and make a big effort to try now), because it would take a long time to go through everything in my cupboard and make sure there is a good alternative, i mean-if i dont get nestle choc, do i get cadbury? they are bad too right? so do i go for coles brand?? but then how do i know they are ethical iykwim??

it seems hard to try and do it all right- there should be a company that produces EVERYTHING in the right way.
    cadbury has cleaned up their act alot re palm oil and is now i believe selling fair trade chocolate!! they are a safe option for those who like chocolate... also who mentioned a coles/ woolies boycott?? i want to have an ethical household but man this could get REALLY hard :S hope that garden starts producing soon....

SIDE note... about to have ALOT of eggs in the adelaide area from happy pet chooks... let me know if interested they are garden chooks and indoor caged at night (warmth)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I may be interested in eggs MK!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I refuse to buy pets from pet stores. I generally get my animals from the RSPCA. Pet stores are ridiculous.
    I don't go to BP anymore.
    I refuse to go through Telstra. They've only managed to screw around my accounts.
    I also avoid Supre. On two occasions I've had stupid sales girls tell me that I won't fit into anything in the store, once 4 years ago when I was between a size 12 and 14 and once last year as a size 16. I find plenty of clothes that fit me there, but I won't bother now.
    And I don't eat cage eggs. My chooks lay enough eggs that I rarely need to buy any. But yeah.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bron View Post
    And if you're curious about some of your favourite products, check this out. http://www.ethical.org.au/
    Most of my favourite beers are now owned by a Japan manufacturer. Thanks for sharing that link - I had no idea.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks for posting that link Bron.
    My favourite coffee bag brand Robert Timms is Australian owned and the website gives them a tick !
    Makes me feel alright using their products, we drink Robert Timms bags in my household nearly every day.

Ana Gram is offline 2008 WINNER - straight shooter award
    Winner 2008 & 2009 - Community Minded thread
    Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most passionate member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mummykitty View Post
    cadbury has cleaned up their act alot re palm oil
    No they haven't. They just marketed it so it looked like they did.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Ana Gram For This Useful Post:

Missbean  (27-12-2012)