+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 40 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    CSR products-had/have many family & friends die/dying from mesothelioma.CSR knew what they were doing in wittenoom

Nowhere is offline Winner 2007- Most Supportive Of Feeding Other-Than-Breast Award
    Winner 2010- Most Optimistic Poster Award
    Winner 2010- The Most Supportive Member Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I had boycotted nestle but had to go back with my tail between my legs when we had NO other feed to try her on as she had reacted to every single elemental feed on the market. I didnt even know they did a elemental feed until the dietician said we needed to try it, and you know what I didnt even flinch at the thought if it. Yes i know they are a bad company but heck if they have a feed that DD can tolerate then I will use it I dont care who makes its it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by blackdog View Post
    Well, I will only buy free range eggs...I try to get them from people I know if possible. It's only because we used to have chooks ourselves and they are lovely little people.

I also wouldn't buy a pet from a pet shop or backyard breeder. My dogs are both from registered breeders, and my GPs are all rescues. If you can't afford to pay for a dog from a registered breeder, then there is no way you will be able to afford all the vaccinations, parasite treatments and vet bills.

Same and totally agree with the above.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blackdog View Post
    Well, I will only buy free range eggs...I try to get them from people I know if possible. It's only because we used to have chooks ourselves and they are lovely little people.
    Boycott cage eggs whereever possible. Fresh eggs from happy little chooks taste so much better too.

Another thing I try and boycott is producers that overpackage. I cringe when I open a product and it has an outer wrapping, an inner wrapping and then everything inside is individually wrapped. Unless its absolutely necessary, excess packaging is wasteful and also adds to the weight of the product meaning you get less for your money.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to TeenyT For This Useful Post:

Maybelline  (30-11-2011)

Ana Gram is offline 2008 WINNER - straight shooter award
    Winner 2008 & 2009 - Community Minded thread
    Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most passionate member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    One thing to consider when boycotting cage eggs is products with eggs as an ingredient. While it is fairly easy to boycott cage eggs at an egg level, it's much harder at an ingredient level. Many products with eggs as an ingredient will use cage eggs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    True. Are they any websites which promote products that use free range eggs in their ingredients? Surely we must be able help reduce cage hens somehow?

Bron is offline Accentuate the positive
    WINNER 2006 Most Politically Correct Member
    Winner 2007 & 2008 Funniest member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by Ana Gram View Post
    One thing to consider when boycotting cage eggs is products with eggs as an ingredient. While it is fairly easy to boycott cage eggs at an egg level, it's much harder at an ingredient level. Many products with eggs as an ingredient will use cage eggs.
    Yep, it's one of the things that I struggle with.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mcdonalds. Terrible food, terrible irresponsible company. Oh I forgot they donate millions to charity every year

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I only boycott cotton on for kids as their baby tee slogans leave a lot to be desired.

I LOVE Gloria Jeans! Their vanilla chiller rocks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Can someone please explain why nestle? I do know that years ago they were pushing formula in developing countries where many had no access to clean water and poor sanitation, is that still the case?,
    Last edited by 2BlueBirds; 15-06-2010 at 09:27.