+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ana Gram View Post
    Gosh, I don't even think I could list everyone I boycott Be easier to list who I didn't
    Oh now I am very interested!!!! LOL, come on, give 'em to me!!!!!!

I am trying to be so much more ethical, so the more info the better!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Pancake Parlor Im am very shocked usually I go once a week well looks like I be looking for somewhere else. I knew about gloria jeans as the owner is involved in that really big church "in the hills" in sydney (iykwim) In relation to mem fox I wont stop buying her books it was just an uneducated opinion. I have heard that harvey norman has overpriced furniture not good quality also bad service too! just google about harvey norman! As I have mentioned before those kiosks especially the children photo kiosk and the hand cream/ makeup and that hair straigtener one! All fast food places too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    KFC!!

After a 3day long bout of food poisoning i will never again buy from them, anywhere in Australia.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm another who has boycotted telstra. We used to have everything through Telstra, until we had massive issues with them. I could be here all day posting about the issues we had with their services and their incompetent staff. We eventually disconnected our internet, mobiles, home phone and bigpond DVD service and we will NEVER use them again - no matter what.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Bellini For This Useful Post:

sarahjane914  (22-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by funkymama View Post
    Pancake Parlor Im am very shocked usually I go once a week well looks like I be looking for somewhere else.
    Basically the founder of the Pancake Parlor was a Scientologist, and took alot of things from Scientology and placed it into it's work ethic.
    One of my sisters friends from Primary School ended up working at one, and she said the contract they make you sign didn't make an ounce of sense, and they constantly bugged her to try and join the *cough* chuch. After her 3 month probation, they let her go, with no real reason as to why.
    One major thing that is quiet important to the Scientologists is the buttermilk they use for their pancakes. They believe it to be more healthier for you then regular milk, and even suggest buttermilk be used for baby formula, which some Scientologists actually do.
    There are alot of other rumors floating about, but none have really been confirmed. 1 if I remember correctly, was that in the contract was that all staff must be smiling all the time, to create positive vibes for everyone around them.
    Last edited by White Mage; 11-06-2010 at 21:21.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellini View Post
    I'm another who has boycotted telstra. We used to have everything through Telstra, until we had massive issues with them. I could be here all day posting about the issues we had with their services and their incompetent staff. We eventually disconnected our internet, mobiles, home phone and bigpond DVD service and we will NEVER use them again - no matter what.
    we have out home phone with Telestra. some poor rep rang me the other day trying to talk me into connecting mobile, internet and Foxtel with them. I just and had a good spiel about how many, many issues we had with them in the past and that i will NEVER connect anything with them again. I also thanked him for reminding me about the home phone so that I can disconnect that too . We used to have internet and mobile with them too...never again. shocking service and endless, never resolved issues.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by IndigoJ View Post
    KFC!!

After a 3day long bout of food poisoning i will never again buy from them, anywhere in Australia.
    I know two people who had food poisoning from KFC. I once bit down into my chicken burger and the patty was raw I never went back. Also, there is a store here which was shut down twice in the same week by the health department

Since then I have learnt a lot about their inhumane treatment of chickens (like most fast food establishments) and it makes me sick to my stomach.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellini View Post
    I know two people who had food poisoning from KFC. I once bit down into my chicken burger and the patty was raw I never went back. Also, there is a store here which was shut down twice in the same week by the health department

Since then I have learnt a lot about their inhumane treatment of chickens (like most fast food establishments) and it makes me sick to my stomach.
    After my friend told me how they made Potato and Gravy, I couldn't eat at a KFC ever again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've had raw chicken from KFC too ...on more than one occasion. I only eat their chips and gravy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    a lot of the general ones i stay away from if i can have already been said.
    *i say 'if i can' because DD2 was on NAN...i tried changing her but after the 4th brand didnt work for i could no longer do it, i had to go back to what worked for her.

im sure i if sit here and think i will come up with more but
    L'Oreal due to animal testing...this includes their company The Body shop, YES i know the body shop has 'maintained' Anita's ethics and but she is a sell out, selling to a company that test on animals pfffttt

12. The Following User Says Thank You to SorenLorensen For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (17-12-2011)