+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CrankyAndTired View Post
    Cotton On .. I find some of their slogans on baby/kids shirts just wrong as a consequence I dont buy anything from them
    yep, same here. my kids aren't brats, i also have more respect for my boys than what some of their t-shirts say.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellini View Post
    oh yes I don't know how I forgot to add companies which supply cage eggs! I have never bought cage eggs in my life and I don't eat eggs out unless it's a place which can prove to me that they don't use them
    another only free-range egg buyer

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bron View Post
    Shell, Nestle, Coca Cola, Proctor and Gamble, any eggs or chickens that aren't free range. I've even discovered a source of free range bacon, so we're buying that now too.

And if you're curious about some of your favourite products, check this out. http://www.ethical.org.au/

Using that guide we switched toilet paper brand, tinned tomato brand and a few other brands. It was really easy to do.
    Thanks for the link!!! Am checking it out right now!! and i have bookmarked it already!! LOL
    Update: I am shocked at how many companies are owned by overseas ppl!!!! CRAZY...... Will def be influencing my shopping choices from now on....
    Last edited by chicken and eggs mum; 11-06-2010 at 19:01.

mummabec is offline I could hold you for a million years, to make you feel my love
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I also boycott Nestle (as much as possible), BP, Gloria Jeans, Mcdonalds (actually all the big Takeaway jointsbut particularly Maccas), Bonds, items with palm oil in them (again as much as possible) , and I'm sure there is more but I just can't think right now! Sure make shopping interesting!!

Why Shell, florence???

Thanks
    Reviews
    I also don't buy caged eggs.
    For all those interested in why I boycott Shell here is a link that you might like to read
    http://www.essentialaction.org/shell/issues.html

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by tinker bella View Post
    Yep, Australian made is important to us.

But no more Bonds or King Gee.

We always support Nestle though because they support us.... Hubby (and thousands of Aussies) works there and they sponsor heaps of junior sport and community projects.
    same here

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Pancake Parlor - Scientology

Ana Gram is offline 2008 WINNER - straight shooter award
    Winner 2008 & 2009 - Community Minded thread
    Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most passionate member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Gosh, I don't even think I could list everyone I boycott Be easier to list who I didn't

Eco Goddess is offline Loving life under the Bodhi tree!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Oooh...great thread!
    We try to only buy Australian Made (DP refuses anything but Dairy Farmers milk) and will only buy free range eggs(although we usually get them from mum and dads chooks)

As for Bonds... only stuff we've got that is bonds has been given to us. Refuse to buy it!

Definitely going to check out that sight

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh damn it i love Gloria Jeans!! but will not go there now that i have read all of this plus the links. thanks
    I boycott Cotton on Kids (slogan tees), Best and Less (push up bras for kids), and Roger David (rape tshirts) and anyone else who sells inappropriate stuff for kids (I keep up to date through the free2bkids website and Melinda Tankard Reist's blog).
    Also go for free range eggs, and am looking into free-range meat and dairy also.
    I try with Nestle, although would be interested to hear if the formula stuff is still going on??
    And I avoid CSR, after they tried to build a toxic waste dump near a town I used to live in.
    This thread would be a good one to make "sticky" I think, as long as people are sure of their facts.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Oh yeah I forgot about Cotton on Kids- definitely don't shop there, and Roger David too.

I also get my eggs from a neighbour, so don't have the need to buy them from a store.

Verhy interesting stuff about Gloria Jeans- I love their coffee- but looks like I will be avoiding them too!!

I will sticky this thread... great suggestion twotrunks!

What I love about this- is that often one person will think 'I am only one person' but even a simple thread like this one can show how many people can make a difference when we all band together.... we are just a small sample of the population- surely many of these companies have to sit up and take notice sooner rather than later!