+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 40 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Harvey Norman - sexist Gerry Harvey and his cracking it about GST on OS products when change to the industry satisfied his products that was fine. I'm not making a comment on the GST issue more on his hypocritical views.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MiloMel For This Useful Post:

HarvestMoon  (01-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Addison View Post
    I work for charities, not for profit etc.... I refuse to donate to the Salvation Army. Sure, they do some good things though look at how much is raised a year through things like The Door Knock Appeal as compared to how much assistance they provide. Head Office is a joke when you see the cars in the reserved spots, looks like a luxury car sales yard.

They also used their 'flood appeal' money to build a multi million dollar building in a lower socio economic area, that actually ostracises people from entering. There was little to no consultation with the hard working small not for profit services in the area to identify real need. Their cafes suck and are way overpriced, give out a free sandwich occassionally instead of charging $8.50 for microwaved chicken pieces and some lettuce. Meanwhile the said sandwich is made my 'trainees' making $7.00 an hour.

I know people boycott Kmart, though their brand new tshirts for children are cheaper than the Salvos in my state charge in their 'op' shop for used clothing for children.
    I agree with you although not the Salvos, my experience was with St Vinnies.

I used to work for a car dealer and we had a car purchased by Vinnies come in for a 15,000 k service. Car was 6 months old and absolutely trashed. Dents snd scrapes on the outside, the interior had food rubbed the seats, cigarette burns in the seats etc. I was furious. Never again will I give them a cent if that is how they treat their property.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by MiloMel View Post
    Harvey Norman - sexist Gerry Harvey and his cracking it about GST on OS products when change to the industry satisfied his products that was fine. I'm not making a comment on the GST issue more on his hypocritical views.
    And don't forget all his vile comments about the poor and homeless.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I will never watch a Woody Allen film- not that I think I'm missing much. That man is a f*cking creep. Had sex with his adopted Asian daughter and later married her and had a child! Mia Farrow (his wife at the time) is a sweet beautiful woman who deserved so very much better.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh and Barilla for his homophobic, masogynistic comments.
    I boycott max Brenner as max is an Israeli and I don't agree with the Israeli treatment of Palestine.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to SpecialK For This Useful Post:

Mummy5ormore  (22-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BubblesK View Post
    I boycott max Brenner as max is an Israeli and I don't agree with the Israeli treatment of Palestine.
    Fair enough - do you boycott all Jewish companies ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    Fair enough - do you boycott all Jewish companies ?
    No I'm not antisemitic. If it was a Jewish owned company based in Australia or basically without monetary ties back to Israel I would buy from them.
    My husband is middle eastern so it's a hot topic in our household.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to SpecialK For This Useful Post:

KaraB  (01-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I won't go near anything run or sponsored by a religious organisation if I can avoid it.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Joeee For This Useful Post:

Busy-Bee  (01-02-2014),HarvestMoon  (01-02-2014),PurpleButterfly4  (01-02-2014),SpecialK  (01-02-2014),Tainted  (29-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Joeee View Post
    I won't go near anything run or sponsored by a religious organisation if I can avoid it.
    Same here.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Joeee View Post
    May I ask why?

I have worked for a religious organisation in the past and what they were doing for the local community and for social justice was truely inspiring. It was not for profit so the church made no money from them.

I'm not religious at all and was I was always treated well.

Like every business/organisation there are often troubles along the way. I don't know why you would boycott "all" religious organisations when so many are changing the lives of so many disadvantaged for the better.

We had weekly reflections about life in general and it was an amazing added bonus to our job. It was so spiritual and thought provoking and inspiring.

Sure, if you have had first hand negative experiences with a particular organisation you should definitely boycott. Just be open minded to the good work some are doing.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to moosey For This Useful Post:

KaraB  (01-02-2014),mrsoptomistic  (12-02-2014),TheMadHatter  (01-02-2014)