+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 40 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast
    Mod-Myztik is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    My April Fools baby
    Winner 2009- Biggest Post-Awards Whinger
    Winner 2010- Biggest Computer Nerd

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Ana what would palm oil be in the ingredients list on shampoo?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Unfortunately with our labeling laws companies can legally put vegetable oil on labels and do not have to specify which ones! ( usually palm)
    I know of some ingredients that also contain palm oil: cocoa butter, sodium lauryl sulphate and cetyl alcohol , there are a few more buy I can't remember the rest!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

Mod-Myztik  (17-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Purpz View Post
    You can thank people from your iPhone..

Click the one you want to thank, it should go yellow... Choose the "more" option.... It's in there!

I buy free-range only.

Refuse to support Gloria jeans.

Trying to educate myself more thoroughly so I can buy products I can honestly feel ok with.
    Yep Gloria jeans!

Mod-Myztik is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    My April Fools baby
    Winner 2009- Biggest Post-Awards Whinger
    Winner 2010- Biggest Computer Nerd

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Thanks Ana.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I boycott Samsung. Will never spend a cent on one of their products again.

To make a very very long story short!

Had the washing machine saga from hell with them. It broke down 5 times within 2 months, I was abused by their service technician and reduced to tears, and they wouldn't replace it or refund my money.

In the end I threw the thing out and got a second hand machine to replace it.

I didn't bother with Consumer affairs although I had a great case. There was no way I was going to waste another moment of my time or sanity on that company or machine!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by IndigoJ View Post
    KFC!!

After a 3day long bout of food poisoning i will never again buy from them, anywhere in Australia.
    Yep KFC here too. I worked at KFC when i was 15. i lasted about 4 months before i quit. I had never eaten KFC before i started working there and i dont go near it now either.
    That company have absolutely no regard for food safety, so im not surprised you got sick. heres just a couple of the things i witnessed/experienced while working there, and this was a brand new store too, so you can imagine what the old ones have let things slip to!

- customers waiting on burgers, batch of chicken lifted from oil and the cook (another 15 yr old kid) dropped it on the floor, all the fillets fell out onto the disgustingly filthy, greasy floor. and the manager who saw the whole thing told the cook to pick them up and put them on the burgers anyway as the customers were already waiting.

- I was working at the drive through window one night and tore my thumbnail right back on a box of desserts when i was stocking the fridge, went to find the manager and get it fixed since it was literally pouring blood down my arm and he screamed at me to get back to the window as there were cars waiting.. so not only did i have to serve about 10 cars and take their money but i also had to pack their drinks and desserts.. all while trying not to infect their goods with blood! massive health and safety breech!

- had to spend 3 hours straight restocking the fridge room and freezer rooms from floors to ceilings, single handedly with boxes and slabs of drinks (very heavy!, especially when lifting onto shelves above head height). Asked for assistance as it was too heavy (15 yr old girl!!) and was told no, and i was not to leave until it was finished. as a result i tore all the muscles off my sternum and couldnt move or even breathe without severe pain for weeks.

after this incident my father went to see the store manager and told him where to go. In hindsight i should have taken it further and at least tried to get him fired if not sue the company for their blatant disregard for the health and safety of their customers or employee's. but at 15 i was just glad not to have to go back!

There were dozens more, i could go on and on.. but the moral is

DO NOT SHOP AT KFC! EVER!

that was just one store, id done a few shifts at others too and they were no better.

Thanks
    Reviews
    KFC, it's freaking expensive and disgusting. I can make a much better Kentucky Fried Chicken at home myself for half the price and without getting sick of it.

Mind you, Red Rooter isn't far behind.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    ENZIE STAIRS

OMG they caused a MILLION nightmares getting our staircase installed. Unfortunately for us, we are stuck with a very average staircase forever!

They also have terrible communication & respect for their customers.

AVOID!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by chicken and eggs mum View Post
    After reading about the Nestle boycot in the Milo thread, I am interested to know what other companies people boycott because of what the manufacturer, company, etc does.

McDonalds. Their food tastes like utter sh!t and they are in bed with Monsanto who one of the leading manufacturers of GM seeds. Enough said.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default What companies do you boycott and why??

Zzz
    Last edited by Smartiecat; 14-09-2012 at 21:23.