+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 40 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Proctor and Gamble- the parent company of Colgate, Palmolive, Johnsons... The list goes on. They are very cruel animal testers.

Also the Body Shop. It got sold in the mid 2000s and is now owned by a company that animal tests.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Boost View Post
    Proctor and Gamble- the parent company of Colgate, Palmolive, Johnsons... The list goes on. They are very cruel animal testers.

Also the Body Shop. It got sold in the mid 2000s and is now owned by a company that animal tests.
    I had no idea that L'oreal owned the Body Shop. I can't believe I've been duped all these years. Never again will I be stepping inside The Body Shop. I'm so angry about this!! Thanks for educating us!

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to angeltj For This Useful Post:

Boost  (11-05-2012),Missbean  (27-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I could go on and on about animal testing.
    Others to watch (they don't necessarily animal test, but their parent company does, which is the same thing IMO): Avon & Nutrimetics.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Fairfax Media. I'm sure this needs no explanation.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tainted View Post
    Fairfax Media. I'm sure this needs no explanation.
    Is it because of Gina Rinehart?

Thanks
    Reviews
    [QUOTE=aliasmel;4899120]Ummm nothing....
    If someone has or makes what I like I buy it.... I really dont give two rats the storys behind them :P

I agree, I just don't have the time in my day to sit down and figure out what problems with big companies.
    I get eggs from my mum and that's it. I buy meat from Coles, I've recently bought a whole load of Bonds clothes for my bub who's due any day now, use Nestlé products and I but my fuel from where ever is cheapest.
    I'm not going to change my mind on products because of what the companies do (or supposedly do).
    As for Aussie companies that sell out overseas, I still buy Vegemite and Kraft is now an American owned company...
    That is all

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MRR1006 For This Useful Post:

Pawzette  (27-12-2012),Twoalready  (25-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't boycott companies either. Where I can I buy Aussie owned and made, otherwise I go by what's on special (a few rare items I'll buy because of brand loyalty or if I like a particular product).

I just wanted to add that Earth's Choice palm oil is only from a few select cruelty free places (more info on their site). They are one of the few brands I enjoy supporting, they are affordable, environmentally conscious and have these great biodegradable bottles.
    Here's a link about their bottles, scroll down a bit for their palm oil info
    http://www.naturesorganics.com.au/ab...our-commitment

Ana Gram is offline 2008 WINNER - straight shooter award
    Winner 2008 & 2009 - Community Minded thread
    Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most passionate member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Wow, that is the biggest load of hogwash I have read for a while and I have been in the palm oil activism scene for a few years.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Guess I should go to more sources then just the companies website. I still like their bottles though

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Pippy the Hippo View Post
    I just downloaded the new 2011 version of this app after reading your post.... So because I'm on my iPhone and can't "thank" you.... I thought I just write instead and say thanks!!!!

X

Beep beep sending from my iPhone
    You can thank people from your iPhone..

Click the one you want to thank, it should go yellow... Choose the "more" option.... It's in there!

I buy free-range only.

Refuse to support Gloria jeans.

Trying to educate myself more thoroughly so I can buy products I can honestly feel ok with.
    Last edited by Purpz; 17-06-2012 at 00:05.