+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 40 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Waitingfornumber2 View Post
    I also boycott caged eggs. You have to be careful these days, some manufacturers still have inhumane conditions but because they aren't in a cage (just a small overcrowded pen) they can market as not caged!
    Yep I absolutely look into it.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to GothChick For This Useful Post:

jessesgirl  (22-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bigZ View Post
    I feel so petty for my boycotts there's not really a deep and meaningful reason for them, more that something they did annoyed me.

Telstra - for sending jobs over seas when we need them here too, and for the stupid automated recordings to get to talk to someone. Optus is fast becoming just the same so they could be next in line.

2 of the 4 Maccas we have in this town because their service is horrible. We got sick of our orders being wrong EVERY time, once my husbands burger was missing the burger part. Another is almost one the out too, maybe that's a good thing though :-)

A local restaurant because we went there with family for breakfast one time and 2 people didn't get their order. They weren't busy and when told about it they said they were being cooked right then 15 minutes later still nothing and no one came to say anything. When told again that they still hadn't gotten their order which was just eggs and toast nothing special they went to check again 10 minutes later still nothing so we asked for the money back and told them to forget it because everyone else had finished they didn't want it now they weren't going to give the money back. Very poor service.

Subway - ordered a vegie delight thinking I was gonna get a vegie pattie or something and only asked for lettuce and cucumber, the roll got wrapped and I was not delighted. I was in shock that that was it.
    Just re subway... Veggie delight has always just been your choice of salads... It's displayed on the menu boards. Bit rough to boycott them because you didn't read the menu!!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

Pawzette  (11-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Mr Minit shoe repairs. I need new heels every 2 months on shoes I only walk on a few times a week. There used to be a good private shoe repair shop here, but they closed as Mr Minit's competitive actions sent them broke. They did a great job with my shoes. Heels lasted 6 months. Anything less and they would fix them for free.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I try to boycott all companies, but find that impossible!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to wantingtostart For This Useful Post:

Maybelline  (27-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Coles & woolworths brand food items... no thanks. they rip us off enough, why should I support them even more?!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Re: subway I will go to certain ones and not others. Some are generous with the salads and some are stingy. If you are paying that much for a sandwich they can afford a couple more slices of tomato.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post
    We are in NSW and I've never seen it. Have asked around too, and looked at the McDonalds website- no mention. Weird.
    the website is www.aussiekids.net.au

Most of the articles are fine, but a couple I found quite offensive.

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by soccer mum View Post
    the website is www.aussiekids.net.au

Most of the articles are fine, but a couple I found quite offensive.
    These lot kept sending me their mags to put in the library. They were already there when I started the job and i cancelled them when i read one and saw it was produced my McDonalds. They were quite aggressive about me cancelling and kept wanting to know why, emailing me and calling me all the time. Wanted to speak to my manager, etc. And they kept sending them! I called back and said 'you can keep sending them all you like and i will keep putting them straight in the recycling' LOL. They stopped sending them after that.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't buy from any label who sell fur. I won't listen to beyonce or Jlo because both of their fashion labels used fur, and they would not change no matter how much people pleaded with them. They know how bad the industry is but decided that a fashion statement is more important than humanity. Famous people who wear fur also boycotted.

I don't buy L'oreal - animal cruelty.

I buy free range chicken, eggs and bacon.

But I LOVE cotton on kids! Am I the only one????

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by soccer mum View Post
    Re: subway I will go to certain ones and not others. Some are generous with the salads and some are stingy. If you are paying that much for a sandwich they can afford a couple more slices of tomato.
    I worked at subway, ask for more whatever you want, they put on 3 bits of tomato because it is easier to wrap!! Lol they will always give u more salad if u ask.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub