+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 40 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Mine's silly, but I boycott Rivers because I absolutely cannot stand their terrible ads on tv!!!

Gah!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to thesmallestmeasure For This Useful Post:

mousky  (14-09-2012),Starfish30  (15-09-2012),Twoalready  (25-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarahsince1985 View Post
    Mine's silly, but I boycott Rivers because I absolutely cannot stand their terrible ads on tv!!!

Gah!
    I used to manage a Rivers store and boy it was embarrassing with their terrible ads! I don't blame you! lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarahsince1985 View Post

Gah!
    Yes. Last week i think it was their ugly shoe ad where they called all their shoes ugly for a few dollars. I had to keep changing the channel for that one

Sent from my GT-I9000T using Bubhub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I really encourage those of you who boycott companies/stores to let them know!! Send an email or letter outlining why you are now refusing to support them.
    In my opinion much more effective than being a silent boycotter. Great thread btw!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to onesie23 For This Useful Post:

MilkingMaid  (13-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kingyo View Post
    I really encourage those of you who boycott companies/stores to let them know!! Send an email or letter outlining why you are now refusing to support them.
    In my opinion much more effective than being a silent boycotter. Great thread btw!
    Good idea, I'll have several letters I'd need to write!!! Perhaps we could start a generic one???

---------
    Mummie to
    Lucy Alys (July '06)
    Minnie Audrey (July '09)
    Pippi Violet (oct '11)

CallaLilly is offline Bubhub Award Winner - 2011 - Funniest Member Award
    Donnybrook, WA (aka the middle of nowhere)
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Several real estate companies because they treat us like idiots and wont fix anything.

Our local video store because of their disgusting lack of manners and attitude towards customers

Officeworks because my ex used to work in one of their stores in Adelaide, and just seeing the uniform now gives me itchy trigger finger syndrome..
    Plus you can get the same stuff way cheaper elsewhere.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by c2p08 View Post
    I wont use telstra ever again. they screwed us over for 12 mths.

I wont use origin energy again either. We cancelled our account with them and requested a final bill to finalise it. A few weeks later (after several phone calls to get the bill) we finally got a letter... from their debt collector demanding payment within a week or they'd take us to court. Me, My husband and my mum all spent about an hour each on the phone to them to sort it out (in the end she paid it on her credit card to ***** it off for us). but then we start getting phone calls from them to say we haddn't paid it. The company told us to pay it directly to origin but origin haddn't informed them it had been paid! Now, 18months later i accidently paid money to them instead of my current power company and they are saying we owe them another $430 and they have been chasing us for 18months... even though we've had the same mobile numbers since then (the only numbers they had on file!!!). Grrr. b@stards!

Oh, i won't use ABC daycare either, they have screwed me over twice with payments now. My dad paid the final amount owing on a ABC in nsw after i moved (i gave him the money for it), and then a few weeks later i get a letter in the mail saying i owe them that amount, but because my dad couldn't find the reciept (he paid in cash) we couldn't prove he paid it and i had to pay $130 to them again. Then again when DD left another daycare, i finalised it with the daycare director when i left paid a really odd amount (something like 26.93 or something!) to finalise it, and about 8 months later i get a letter from their debt dept saying i owed $183 to them... I ended up having to pay this again coz (i'm stupid and didn't learn the first time!) and didnt keep reciepts...

I avoid Big W as much as possible to. I had a xmas laybuy last year with them and they cancelled it even though i was making regular payments, because i was 2 days later making the payment (it went 2 days over the 2 weeks) even though i rang to tell them i'd be a few days late, they cancelled it and i lost my laybuy. The manager on duty had the ability to put it on again but refused to because she was ''busy dealing with other stupid people like me''... umm???!!!
    Just so you know, I worked for big W and various other stores with layby, and legally the cannot cancel laybys with money on it.
    They need to call or mail out a letter to inform you of its upcoming due date but they cannot cancel it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bonds ..coz they are CRAP!!!

Berlie overpriced CRAP!!

and most clothing chain shops...Portmans..cotton on..bras n things..nine west ..etc!!! CRAP!! over priced garbage!!

retail is dying here ..but until australia wakes up and charges better prices (and has more interesting stuff!!!) woohoo for internet shopping!!!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Maybelline For This Useful Post:

Cherry18Bloss  (11-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    DAD4LIFE

Interested about this Bill Gates vax stuff you mentioned ..I have family in talks with working with him regarding vax stuff..
    thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Breville. I had the most horrible customer service once and swore from then on I would never buy them again. I also make it a point to tell as many people as possible how horrible their customer service is. I used to be a secondary school teacher in a past life so I told A LOT of people. I also tell people in the shops when they are looking at appliances and I've changed more than a few peoples minds.