+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    in relation to mem fox. I personally think its pathetic to boycott someone just because of their personal opinion. Its like for example that I wont buy a kebab from the kebab shop because it is owned by a muslim family. So what about their religion I may not believe in their religon so therefore should I not go in and buy a kebab? we have different views on religion however wont stop me from buying a kebab. Should I then refuse to get into a taxi because the driver is a buddist or not go on bubhub forums because other people may not share my opinion? We need to be open and listen to each other respect their views even though we may not believe it ourselves. Besides whats not right for you may be right for someone else!
    Last edited by funkymama; 15-07-2010 at 20:41. Reason: adding more stuff

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by funkymama View Post
    in relation to mem fox. I personally think its pathetic to boycott someone just because of their personal opinion. Its like for example that I wont buy a kebab from the kebab shop because it is owned by a muslim family. So what about their religion I may not believe in their religon so therefore should I not go in and buy a kebab? we have different views on religion however wont stop me from buying a kebab. Should I then refuse to get into a taxi because the driver is a buddist or not go on bubhub forums because other people may not share my opinion? We need to be open and listen to each other respect their views even though we may not believe it ourselves. Besides whats not right for you may be right for someone else!
    You say we need to open and listen and respect others views but then you open your post with saying it's pathetic that people boycot Mem Fox. People are free to like or dislike anything they choose, that is the beauty of living in a democratic society. What you think is pathetic may not be to someone else.
    Last edited by bindy01; 16-07-2010 at 12:25.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to bindy01 For This Useful Post:

mousky  (14-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Indeed. I see what funkymama is saying but the whole point of boycotting is that you do it because you don't respect or subscribe to the views of the company/person you are boycotting.

For example, I'll never watch another movie with Mel Gibson in it - or one he directed - ever again. So what if they're good movies? I decided that when he went on his anti-semitic rant a few years ago that that was it for me, and now he's done it again it's just confirmed my feelings.

Same with Roman Polanski.

Jamie Foxx said something pretty poor once about Michael Vick, who was convicted of dog fighting charges a few years ago. Jamie Foxx said people were just outraged about it because Michael Vick is black. Ummmmm, no. So that's it for me and Jamie Foxx, too.

Call it pathetic, whatever. I find it pathetic when people are only interested in their own convenience and likes and don't stand up for causes that are important.

Horses for courses.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellini View Post
    Gloria Jeans - they are the large sponsor of a controversial group which is very anti gay rights and very anti abortion. They have also been known to perform exorcisms, upon pregnant girls (although those claims are unfounded). The owners of Gloria Jeans are actually two very prominent members of the group/church.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I said "I personally" therefore that is my opinion again as I said what is right for me may not be right for you it is my personal opinion. If thats a problem for you then

Ana Gram is offline 2008 WINNER - straight shooter award
    Winner 2008 & 2009 - Community Minded thread
    Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most passionate member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Yes but you basically called us pathetic. Which is why you got responses.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ana Gram For This Useful Post:

mousky  (14-09-2012),saxonrose  (15-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    BP & any stores under them - I don't think I need to explain why.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ana Gram View Post
    Yes but you basically called us pathetic. Which is why you got responses.
    I did not "basically" call anyone pathetic! And what do you mean by "us" and who is "us" do you mean that to be as a collective of everyone on bubhub? I said personally I think its pathetic which is my own personal view and afterall it is an open forum. Which basically its pathetic to call anyone pathetic on a computer - rather petty in my opinion. We all boycott things for different reasons and as I said before and say again "what is right for you may not be right for me" We all have different opinions besides you might find it "pathetic" that I buy my coffee from gloria jeans because of your personal opinion about Gloria Jeans! I think enough said!!! Its an open forum people!!!! p.s anagram did I use your name and called YOU pathetic?
    Last edited by funkymama; 20-07-2010 at 14:08.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to funkymama For This Useful Post:

Maybelline  (30-11-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I cant believe that I had to explain in plain english my previous post! aah well could add something else...but could be taken the wrong way and someone could be offended!
    Last edited by funkymama; 20-07-2010 at 17:47.

Thanks
    Reviews
    This article was in news.com.au today about a disabled worker who is getting obscene wages. The article actually names some companies! I personally find this pathetic so much for fair pay for fair work!
    http://www.news.com.au/business/busi...-1225894516306