+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 40 12311 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default What companies do you boycott and why??

After reading about the Nestle boycot in the Milo thread, I am interested to know what other companies people boycott because of what the manufacturer, company, etc does.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I don't really boycott anyone in particular, but I make sure that I buy things Australian made, and if the company stops being made in Australia, I stop buying the product.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MelandBen For This Useful Post:

Dragonborn  (12-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Bonds for taking their manufacturing overseas yet jacking up their prices. I just saw their baby body suits suits for $27 the other day...wtf?

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 1+1=5 For This Useful Post:

Dragonborn  (12-10-2013),KaraB  (01-02-2014),Missbean  (27-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Earths choice - for claiming to be environmentally friendly but still using palm
    oil.

Bonds - for the reasons stated by PP.

Nestle.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to elleandsam For This Useful Post:

Dragonborn  (12-10-2013),KaraB  (01-02-2014),Missbean  (27-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 1+1=5 View Post
    Bonds for taking their manufacturing overseas yet jacking up their prices. I just saw their baby body suits suits for $27 the other day...wtf?

I never buy Pacific Brands anymore. If its all manufactured in China, why on earth would I pay top dollar for Bonds? I bought the Target wondersuits for $9 and they are just as good as the new Chinese Bonds suits.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to TeenyT For This Useful Post:

KaraB  (01-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Telstra - for disconnecting me even though the bills were being direct debited (I am now with iinet).
    Myers - for the lack of customer service (esp bourke st mall)
    Those kiosks in the middle of the shopping centre - excuse me excuse me!
    Door to Door people - I dont know you and no I am happy with my electricity etc
    they are what I can think of atm

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Mostly just Nestle...

But even though I rarely used BP anyway, I definitely wouldn't go there now.

Will be watching this thread with interest though as I am always keen to support a cause.

Don't really buy bonds much anyway (got given quite a few wondersuits when DS's were born, but haven't actively bought anything).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by TeenyT View Post

I never buy Pacific Brands anymore. If its all manufactured in China, why on earth would I pay top dollar for Bonds? I bought the Target wondersuits for $9 and they are just as good as the new Chinese Bonds suits.
    I boycott everything the Pacific brands sell except for one- the Holeproof explorer socks.

DH uses them for work, and we have tried to find a similar product but different manufacturer to no avail.

I hate buying them, makes me angry

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gloria Jeans - they are the large sponsor of a controversial group which is very anti gay rights and very anti abortion. They have also been known to perform exorcisms, upon pregnant girls (although those claims are unfounded). The owners of Gloria Jeans are actually two very prominent members of the group/church.

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Bellini For This Useful Post:

Boost  (11-05-2012),Dragonborn  (12-10-2013),DT75  (05-01-2015),jenjenOo  (28-06-2013),Lauzy83  (25-05-2013),mousky  (14-09-2012),Skyler  (21-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bras and things. Because when I was 16 I was an 8DD and they made me try on a "granny" bra which was too big around the back, pushed my boobs under my arms and had massive thick straps. I hated it and they told me "if you didn't wear such slutty clothes the thick straps wouldn't matter". I was with my mum, and had just run into a friend of hers in the next changeroom. I was so upset and we have never forgotten it. That was 13 years ago.

ETA: I had no idea about that Bellini, but I don't go to Gloria Jeans anyway because their coffee is crap.