+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2boybubs View Post
    that things don't look so great down there anymore. (But I will tell you, my labia literally got ripped to shreds when DS1 was born and they never stitched it up so I think I'm a bit "mangled" as well)
    !
    that's what happened to me, but they said they stitched it back on, but now I wish they'd just cut it off because it still looks mangled. I distinctly remember the obsty describing my labia as 'flapping about in the breeze' if she hadn't stitched it back on. I hate it.

also, i think i suffer from prolapse too, just to make it all worse, and keep thinking i really should go to the doctors. its on the list.
    Last edited by ~cheese~; 30-08-2010 at 00:01.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Hi Brisbane - Prolapse

Hi Brisbane

I just posted my story last night - you can find it under Prolapsed Bladder in the new post section. I am nearly 3 yr post 1st baby and I do have a diagnosed moderate/severe prolapsed bladder - no physio is going to fix me - I see a Uro Gyno and surgery will be the answer when I have finished my family. I would love to chat with you - hope to hear from you. Hoping you are OK and things have improved?

Cheers

Thanks
    Reviews

Default My success story

Ladies, I am almost 4 months post surgery and want to share my success story because I agonised over it so much and there was little positive energy on the internet about prolapse.

-I found a recotocele 3 weeks after giving birth to baby 2. Both births were straightforward, no tearing, 3kg babies, how it happened i'll never know.
    -I became extremely depressed and anxious about my rectocele, felt worthless, ugly and lost a scary amount of weight.
    - I did pelvic floor physio with a proper pysiotherapist, this was worth it, you can't lose anything by doing this.
    -I waited til my son was 2.5years old til I had surgery. By this stage your child can climb into a car, and doesn't need to be lifted. It also gave me time to realise through counseling that what happened to me is FIXABLE, TEMPORARY AND NOT SOMETHING YOU HAVE TO LIVE WITH.
    -At 34 i did want a life of using foostools and 'splinting' to do number 2. I wanted my confidence back.
    -USE AN EXPERIENCED SURGEON. Mine had 30 years. I stayed 2 nights in a private hospital. It hurt to poo for about 7 weeks, so just use stool softeners. Other than that i was up and about after a week.
    -HAVING SURGERY HAS GIVEN BACK EVERYTHING THAT WAS TAKEN FROM ME. SOOOO WORTH IT!! My confidence, my sex life, my enjoyment of being a mum is all mine again. JUST DO IT!!!
    MUCH LOVE!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a dragging feeling after my first, mine is a minor front wall prolapse that I am waiting till I'm done having kids to fix, if you want the operation do it what's the point of living like that till 60!
    Edit just saw your post
    Congrats !!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls, I think an important thing here is to properly determine which wall/organ is falling down. I think front wall (anterior/bladder/cystocele) surgery may be a little more invasive as you wee a lot more per day that poo, but as for the uterine prolapse, my OB said I greatly improved the position of my cervix with physio. It's very normal for the cervix/uterus to drop a bit after babies and of course it goes up and down in there at different times of the month.
    I lived in fear of painful sex etc after surgery, all the things I had read on the internet. I have been perfectly fine and it sounds like it will help your marriage too if you have confidence down below. We have a great quality health service in Australia- a lot of women on forums with horror stories are in the US where their prolapse was treated as day surgery! Find the right surgeon and you'll be fine IF YOU DECIDE TO...I don't want to be pushy. xo
    ps mrs neitzche is right- the best results for surgery are in young women with experienced surgeons, rather than waiting til you're old when complications are more common. I didn't want to wait til menopause (when things really start to drop due to lack of estrogen) and have to think to myself 'why didn't i just do this years ago!'

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaMichele View Post
    Hi girls, I think an important thing here is to properly determine which wall/organ is falling down. I think front wall (anterior/bladder/cystocele) surgery may be a little more invasive as you wee a lot more per day that poo, but as for the uterine prolapse, my OB said I greatly improved the position of my cervix with physio. It's very normal for the cervix/uterus to drop a bit after babies and of course it goes up and down in there at different times of the month.
    I lived in fear of painful sex etc after surgery, all the things I had read on the internet. I have been perfectly fine and it sounds like it will help your marriage too if you have confidence down below. We have a great quality health service in Australia- a lot of women on forums with horror stories are in the US where their prolapse was treated as day surgery! Find the right surgeon and you'll be fine IF YOU DECIDE TO...I don't want to be pushy. xo
    ps mrs neitzche is right- the best results for surgery are in young women with experienced surgeons, rather than waiting til you're old when complications are more common. I didn't want to wait til menopause (when things really start to drop due to lack of estrogen) and have to think to myself 'why didn't i just do this years ago!'
    For sure! Mine is bladder but it took my ob a few goes of poking around to see what I was talking about at first he said nope you look all good to me can't find anything after I guided' him lol he said oh ok. Lol looking forward to get it done in the next few years and happy I'll be in my early 30s to get some years out of it lol